Cities improperly posting 30.06 signs?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RicoTX
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Cities improperly posting 30.06 signs?

Post by RicoTX »

Last week I received a letter from AG Paxton saying that I had to resubmit my old complaint about the Burnet County Annex in Marble Falls due to some updated laws. I would need to give notice to Burnet County again, etc.

I'm not going to worry about it until the Austin lawsuit is resolved and something happens there. I'll just have to start a new complaint I guess at that point.

However, I was wondering if anyone else received a similar letter regarding their old complaints?
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

Jeff Barriault
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jeff Barriault »

How about a 30.05 sign posted at the 2022 Brazoria County Fair, a list of rules on their website prohibiting all firearms, and law enforcement denying access to LTC holders who are exempt from a 30.05 sign?

I emailed a formal written complaint to county judge Mark Sebesta and the Brazoria County Fair Assiciation. I’m about to forward that email to the county sheriff, constable, and Angleton police chief since they are the agencies enforcing things.

I don’t imagine I’ll get any replies on any of this, as usual, and will file with the state on Wednesday.

Is there anything else I can do to be a royal pain? This stuff continues to irritate me.

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Maxwell »

Abraham wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:23 pm WR,

As an attorney with your much Clarence Darrow like-wisdom, I really appreciate your wonderful legal expertise and opinions about....everything.

Thanks and please keep it up.

We're all waiting for your next gem.
Abe,

It ain't your circus either...
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Jeff Barriault wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:58 pm How about a 30.05 sign posted at the 2022 Brazoria County Fair, a list of rules on their website prohibiting all firearms, and law enforcement denying access to LTC holders who are exempt from a 30.05 sign?

I emailed a formal written complaint to county judge Mark Sebesta and the Brazoria County Fair Assiciation. I’m about to forward that email to the county sheriff, constable, and Angleton police chief since they are the agencies enforcing things.

I don’t imagine I’ll get any replies on any of this, as usual, and will file with the state on Wednesday.

Is there anything else I can do to be a royal pain? This stuff continues to irritate me.
Any update?

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

UPDATE MAY 11, 2023
NEW NON-COMPLIANT TINY SIGNS ON THE ENTRANCE OF THE ROOM WHERE BURNET APPRAISAL PROTESTS ARE HELD WHICH IS NEXT DOOR TO THE APPRAISAL DISTRICT WHERE YOU GO IN TO PAY...-LOOKS LIKE 30.06 30.07 AND WHO KNOWS WHAT ARE ON 3X5 OR 4X6 CARDS TAPED ON A GLASS DOOR, THEY WANT TO PRETEND IT'S A COURTROOM I GUESS ... WHO IS THE JUDGE?

OR
THEY MAY BE RELYING ON
"APPRAISAL DISTRICT REVIEW BOARD"

Sec. 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER.
(c) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter.
https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs ... GV.551.htm
Chapter 551, Government Code,
(H) the governing board of a special district created by law;

SO, WHAT NOTICE IS REQUIRED BY Chapter 551, Government Code? ALL I SEE IS THEY NEED TO POST NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING AT THE COURTHOUSE ON A BULLETIN BOARD? I SEE NOTHING ABOUT NOTICE TO NOT CARRY BEING REQUIRED, JUST THAT IT'S UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER. (WITH NO NOTICE REQUIREMENT?)

STILL, THE SIGNS ARE SMALL &

(BUT NO SIGNS ON APPRAISAL DISTRICT MAIN ENTRANCE NEXT DOOR WHERE YOU GO IN TO PAY)

I'LL TRY TO GET PICTURES LATER

Physical Address: Directions
223 South Pierce Street
Burnet, Texas 78611-3136

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 908
Burnet, Texas 78611-0908

Phone Numbers:
Phone Number: (512)-756-8291
Espanol: (512)-756-8291 #2

Email:
info@burnetad.org

Lobby Hours:
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Operations: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Chief Appraiser:
Stan Hemphill
RPB wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:47 am UPDATE
Mon Oct 17, 2011
Burnet County Appraisal District removed their improper signs

They HAD a sign on the door, 3 years ago, and [/u]I mentioned it to the employees, they still had the sign 2 years ago, so I called the County Criminal Prosecutor who said he thinks appraisal districts are Courts because like the restaurant, office supply store etc, it's on the Courthouse square and they have administrative "hearings" there (with real estate appraisers, not Judges)

Last year, I mentioned it to a County Judge who's husband was running for District Judge (both have CHLs and are VERY knowledgeable ;-) ) [ I asked the candidate if he had a CHL when he was campaigning, he said yes he and his wife both do ... I then told him about the non-compliant unenforceable sign ...]

Went and paid my House taxes minutes ago, took camera to photo the sign .... doors now have no sign except the hours they are open and one pointing to envelopes and drop box for after hours payments. :mrgreen: No such signs inside either.

--------------------

I updated the entry on Texas3006.com just now too ;-)

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 13

Post by ScottDLS »

NotRPB wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:01 pm UPDATE MAY 11, 2023
NEW NON-COMPLIANT TINY SIGNS ON THE ENTRANCE OF THE ROOM WHERE BURNET APPRAISAL PROTESTS ARE HELD WHICH IS NEXT DOOR TO THE APPRAISAL DISTRICT WHERE YOU GO IN TO PAY...-LOOKS LIKE 30.06 30.07 AND WHO KNOWS WHAT ARE ON 3X5 OR 4X6 CARDS TAPED ON A GLASS DOOR, THEY WANT TO PRETEND IT'S A COURTROOM I GUESS ... WHO IS THE JUDGE?

OR
THEY MAY BE RELYING ON
"APPRAISAL DISTRICT REVIEW BOARD"

Sec. 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER.
(c) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter.
https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs ... GV.551.htm
Chapter 551, Government Code,
(H) the governing board of a special district created by law;

SO, WHAT NOTICE IS REQUIRED BY Chapter 551, Government Code? ALL I SEE IS THEY NEED TO POST NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING AT THE COURTHOUSE ON A BULLETIN BOARD? I SEE NOTHING ABOUT NOTICE TO NOT CARRY BEING REQUIRED, JUST THAT IT'S UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER. (WITH NO NOTICE REQUIREMENT?)

STILL, THE SIGNS ARE SMALL &

(BUT NO SIGNS ON APPRAISAL DISTRICT MAIN ENTRANCE NEXT DOOR WHERE YOU GO IN TO PAY)

I'LL TRY TO GET PICTURES LATER

Physical Address: Directions
223 South Pierce Street
Burnet, Texas 78611-3136

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 908
Burnet, Texas 78611-0908

Phone Numbers:
Phone Number: (512)-756-8291
Espanol: (512)-756-8291 #2

Email:
info@burnetad.org

Lobby Hours:
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Operations: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Chief Appraiser:
Stan Hemphill
RPB wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:47 am UPDATE
Mon Oct 17, 2011
Burnet County Appraisal District removed their improper signs

They HAD a sign on the door, 3 years ago, and [/u]I mentioned it to the employees, they still had the sign 2 years ago, so I called the County Criminal Prosecutor who said he thinks appraisal districts are Courts because like the restaurant, office supply store etc, it's on the Courthouse square and they have administrative "hearings" there (with real estate appraisers, not Judges)

Last year, I mentioned it to a County Judge who's husband was running for District Judge (both have CHLs and are VERY knowledgeable ;-) ) [ I asked the candidate if he had a CHL when he was campaigning, he said yes he and his wife both do ... I then told him about the non-compliant unenforceable sign ...]

Went and paid my House taxes minutes ago, took camera to photo the sign .... doors now have no sign except the hours they are open and one pointing to envelopes and drop box for after hours payments. :mrgreen: No such signs inside either.

--------------------

I updated the entry on Texas3006.com just now too ;-)
I just quit caring. I carry anyway. I've seen all sorts of weird signs at county buildings in Denton county where I live. The only place I try to be careful is in JP courts in those buildings. I have frequently had business in them. To Tarrant County's credit, at least in the precinct I went to, only the JP court offices were posted, with signs clearly indicating they were court offices. They even had a metal detector in front of the actual courtroom.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”