Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

EDGED WEAPON TACTICS AND COUNTER TACTICS

Post by Paladin »

Interesting article:

http://www.realfighting.com/0102/edgedwea.htm

Knives are one of the major threats out there. They are dangerous, although I believe their threat (as compared to a gun) may be overstated in the article.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

I appreciate the article...good read.
It would likely do me some good to get some further training in the defense and offense of edged weapons. I can not honestly say that I carry my firearm 100% of the time, however, I do carry a combat style folder at all times. I have had some training in the use of a knife with real world scenarios, but would be happy to be further instructed! Many of the people that the average citizen deals with on a daily basis such as the homeless often trade the value of a gun for liquor......but you can almost bet money they have a blade!
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

A retired HPD officer friend sent me some very "moving" photos of a man who was cut to shreds by a knife-wielding attacker. I've considered posting them (more likely a link to them) but they are very graphic and I'm more than a little concerned about some folks being repulsed.

That said, the photos really point out the danger a knife poses; something I suspect many people don't realize. I'll think about it more on the way home and I may post the link with a warning.

Chas.

Milorider

Post by Milorider »

I agree, very interesting. Really makes one stop and think.

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flintknapper »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:A retired HPD officer friend sent me some very "moving" photos of a man who was cut to shreds by a knife-wielding attacker. I've considered posting them (more likely a link to them) but they are very graphic and I'm more than a little concerned about some folks being repulsed.

That said, the photos really point out the danger a knife poses; something I suspect many people don't realize. I'll think about it more on the way home and I may post the link with a warning.

Chas.
Probably the same images one of my former knife instructors sent me, if they are the ones of the Sheriffs deputy from Orange county.

Just post the one of his back.

Not necessary to show the front or the scalp laceration. A clear warning about the stark graphics would be prudent.

It is a most convincing reminder of the damage a blade can do, and the need to take seriously.. any threat within 20-25 feet of you.
Last edited by flintknapper on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: EDGED WEAPON TACTICS AND COUNTER TACTICS

Post by flintknapper »

Paladin wrote:Interesting article:

http://www.realfighting.com/0102/edgedwea.htm

Knives are one of the major threats out there. They are dangerous, although I believe their threat (as compared to a gun) may be overstated in the article.

All in all, a good article. Some good information for those not familiar with knife fighting.

I strongly disagree with a few of his tactical points/methods, but hey, he's still alive. Its kinda hard to argue too vigorously.. considering that.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”