Topic author
tx_ted
Posts in topic: 2

Legal to carry in the Houston Zoo......

Post by tx_ted »

Is it?

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Legal to carry in the Houston Zoo......

Post by Kalrog »

IIRC, the Houston zoo is owned by the city. Therefore, yes it is legal.

Topic author
tx_ted

Post by tx_ted »

I was not sure if it was considered a amusement park or not.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

tx_ted wrote:I was not sure if it was considered a amusement park or not.
It is not an amusement park. but It is legal to carry as long as there isn't a valid 30.06 sign. A 30.06 sign isn't valid on city property unless it is at a court, public meeting or (city council meeting)

Did your CHL instructor cover this?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

hheremtp

Post by hheremtp »

Kalrog wrote:IIRC, the Houston zoo is owned by the city. Therefore, yes it is legal.

Actually, it is no longer owned by the city, it is now owned by a private company.
Steve

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

hheremtp wrote:
Kalrog wrote:IIRC, the Houston zoo is owned by the city. Therefore, yes it is legal.

Actually, it is no longer owned by the city, it is now owned by a private company.
As I recall It is operated by Houston Zoo, Inc., a non profit organization, but It is still on City property.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Lodge2004

Post by Lodge2004 »

Well....it's not posted 30.06....and I've been there many times over the years with my kidos. Never had a problem.

If somebody knows a reason why it would not be OK to CHL there, please jump in.

hheremtp

Post by hheremtp »

Liberty wrote:
hheremtp wrote:

As I recall It is operated by Houston Zoo, Inc., a non profit organization, but It is still on City property.
I believe you are correct, I was under the impression that the organization had purchased the zoo from the city.
Steve

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Not posted anyway, properly or not.
Byron Dickens

fecnik

Post by fecnik »

sorry to resurrect and old thread, but on texas3006.com just posted that there is now a sign. Can anyone validate this?
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 08

Springfield Champion Stainless
Kahr K40 Stainless

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

fecnik wrote:sorry to resurrect and old thread, but on texas3006.com just posted that there is now a sign. Can anyone validate this?
Doesn't really matter if it is or isn't. If it isn't posted, carry away. If it is posted, it's invalid, carry away. The Houston Zoo is owned by the city and operated by a private company (Houston Zoo, Inc). The Dallas Zoo is the same way and yes, they were posted the last time I was there. Of course, you couldn't see the 30.06 till after you paid and entered.... In any case, all the adults who were with our group were carrying and we had no issues whatsoever.

viper_76262

Post by viper_76262 »

I'll be at the Dallas Zoo later this morning. IF I can find a sign I will snap a pic of it and post with a description of its location.

IANAL

Post by IANAL »

viper_76262 wrote:I'll be at the Dallas Zoo later this morning. IF I can find a sign I will snap a pic of it and post with a description of its location.
Welcome to the forum. If you take pictures of a 30.06 sign at the Dallas Zoo, you might want to post them in one of these threads.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43202&p=521129&hili ... o+#p521129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32806&p=383582&hili ... o+#p383582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32344&p=377722&hili ... o+#p377722" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16955&p=193310&hili ... o+#p193310" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7129&p=79978&hilit= ... oo+#p79978" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3992&p=42921&hilit= ... oo+#p42921" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2908&p=30279&hilit= ... oo+#p30279" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

txcshooter
Posts in topic: 3

Post by txcshooter »

Speaking of the Houston Zoo, my son will be having a field trip there next month. My wife and I will be attending as well. My question is, eventhough we're going because of the school fieldtrip we are not allowed to ride on the school bus and we have to pay our own way, soooo would I be able to carry? What do y'all think?
Taurus G2s, Rossi .22lr rifle, Mossberg 20ga p/a
"If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat!" -unknown

Panda

Post by Panda »

Not allowed on the school bus without permission but if you are driving yourself, and paying your own admission fee, it doesn't sound like you're part
Stuff like this is why Texas needs carry reform, and why Straus and his cronies are so against it.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”