Reciprocity: Tenn

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Kalrog
Posts in topic: 1

Reciprocity: Tenn

Post by Kalrog »

I am heading to Tennessee soon and wondered if there was any specific information or gotcha's that I might need to be aware of.

seamusTX

Re: Reciprocity: Tenn

Post by seamusTX »

Two biggies:
It is an offense for a person to possess a firearm within the confines of a building open to the public where liquor, wine or other alcoholic beverage, as defined in 57-3-101(a)(1)(A),. or beer as defined in 57-6-102(1) , are served for on premises consumption.

On the grounds of any public park, playground, civic center or other building facility, area or property owned, used or operated by any municipal, county or state government, or instrumentality thereof, for recreational purposes.

http://handgunlaw.us/states/tennessee.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

+1 I go to Tennessee periodically and those are the biggies, especially the no place that serves alcohol including any restaurant. :banghead:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

agbullet2k1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by agbullet2k1 »

Keith B wrote:+1 I go to Tennessee periodically and those are the biggies, especially the no place that serves alcohol including any restaurant. :banghead:
If you're heading to the Memphis area, try Perkin's restaurant out (there's several spread out). Much better than IHOP and Denny's, plus no alcohol means carry is ok.
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

gemini

Post by gemini »

seamusTX wrote:Two biggies:
It is an offense for a person to possess a firearm within the confines of a building open to the public where liquor, wine or other alcoholic beverage, as defined in 57-3-101(a)(1)(A),. or beer as defined in 57-6-102(1) , are served for on premises consumption.

On the grounds of any public park, playground, civic center or other building facility, area or property owned, used or operated by any municipal, county or state government, or instrumentality thereof, for recreational purposes.

http://handgunlaw.us/states/tennessee.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim
After reading the above restrictions:
Texas CHL rocks compared to many other states. In large part because of the efforts of Dr. Cotton, TSRA and some of our
more enlightened State Lawmakers.

TheArmedFarmer

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

gemini wrote:After reading the above restrictions:
Texas CHL rocks compared to many other states. In large part because of the efforts of Dr. Cotton, TSRA and some of our
:iagree:

My wife traveled to Tennessee recently. She didn't have a choice but to go to one restaurant that serves alcohol (Applebee's I think) and she carried anyway under the "better to be judged by 12 than buried by 6" but I was nervous for her.
Life member: NRA, THSC, HSLDA.

agbullet2k1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by agbullet2k1 »

TheArmedFarmer wrote:
gemini wrote:After reading the above restrictions:
:iagree:

My wife traveled to Tennessee recently. She didn't have a choice but to go to one restaurant that serves alcohol (Applebee's I think) and she carried anyway under the "better to be judged by 12 than buried by 6" but I was nervous for her.
I remember reading a story a few years ago (about a CHL in Chili's) that gives that philosophy legal precedent.
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

JLinTX

Post by JLinTX »

Does anyone know if we are required to inform LEO by default in Tennessee? Like Texas - "all encounters require notification"
Jim

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”