Toledo police layoffs spur gun buying

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Kythas
Posts in topic: 1

Toledo police layoffs spur gun buying

Post by Kythas »

Residents of Toledo, Ohio, are buying guns after the first round of police layoffs, which laid off 75 police officers.

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=10415019" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

74novaman

Re: Toledo police layoffs spur gun buying

Post by 74novaman »

Tom Urbanski runs Ski's Firearms Training & Consulting. He also teaches the conceal carry classes.

For him, the layoffs mean big business as people are taking safety into their own hands.

"People are panicking, they're figuring the only way they can protect themselves is for them to protect themselves," says Urbanski. "So yeah, my business is booming."
Love how they give the impression of gun owners as "Panicking". More of that "deranged", etc. language to make us seem crazy for wanting to defend ourselves and our loved ones.

Typical trash reporting.
TANSTAAFL

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

When they panicked they were not gun owners. Now that they are gun owners they're not panicking.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

USA1

Post by USA1 »

C-dub wrote:When they panicked they were not gun owners. Now that they are gun owners they're not panicking.
well said :iagree: :lol:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

To be fair the type of buying Toledo is seeing and that we are seeing has been called panic buying long before there was a President Obama, or Toledo police layoff. We have seen media calling purchases of lettuce corn gasoline, stocks, gold and guns as panic buying.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”