I love how this guy does his drills .

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
zigzag
Posts in topic: 4

I love how this guy does his drills .

Post by zigzag »

He appears to be Philippine CHL holder. He could be with the police or military ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYX4_OQ2tUE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
zigzag

Re: I love how this guy does his drills .

Post by zigzag »

Heres a good one , basic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZM_D2kq5fU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike from Texas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mike from Texas »

He's pretty quick to clear, rack the slide and then put 2 rounds on target.

Pretty ingenious little pulley system he has going there as well.
A few Glocks, a few Kahrs, Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm, Dan Wesson CBOB 45ACP, Springer Champion Operator

****************************************************************************************************

Stupid
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Stupid »

Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oEPHC2m ... annel_page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please help the wounded store owner who fought off 3 robbers. He doesn't have medical insurance.
http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26249961/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
zigzag

Post by zigzag »

All are great . The Filipino guy 's style is to rack the slide with the left hand. Its like the Israeli style. If he had a round in the chamber , he could be faster. But with his left hand lifting up the shirt and meeting the unholstered gun pointed in front, it was natural for him. I guess in all these , practice makes perfect. Instinct and speed takes over and overwhelms the attacker and bad guys.

For the bad boys out there, dont fool around with guys wearing loose cargo pants , jersey shirts and baseball caps. LOL

Stupid

Post by Stupid »

Notice how fast flexmemory draw and fired 6 rounds at 0.15s split.
Please help the wounded store owner who fought off 3 robbers. He doesn't have medical insurance.
http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26249961/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

zigzag wrote:All are great . The Filipino guy 's style is to rack the slide with the left hand. Its like the Israeli style. If he had a round in the chamber , he could be faster. But with his left hand lifting up the shirt and meeting the unholstered gun pointed in front, it was natural for him. I guess in all these , practice makes perfect. Instinct and speed takes over and overwhelms the attacker and bad guys.

For the bad boys out there, dont fool around with guys wearing loose cargo pants , jersey shirts and baseball caps. LOL
Apparently he doesn't trust the Glock trigger safety either.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

And beware of guys wearing Hawaiian shirts as well... ;-)

You just never know...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

.45mac.40

Post by .45mac.40 »

:tiphat:
I guess no round in the tube would add alittle safety ... especially if someone else got your pistol from ya' ... knowing that a round is not in tha' tube, would give you an extra moment to draw your knife and stick it in the BG's forehead, BUT... I would not want to draw and have to rack tha' slide !
Hence, my DAOs for CHL
I don't know if I could rely on my muscle memory ... for many different, unknown senarios ?!
Mac :fire .45 >>>>>> #%%%#
Retired US Army.
EDC: Sig Sauer 1911 UC .45 acp

shootthesheet

Post by shootthesheet »

What is with all the smoke? It is like he is firing Hollywood style blanks or black powder.

I am going to try to make one of those pulley systems. I have thought a lot of one moving toward and away but never thought of one side to side. Maybe more weight on the bottom will keep it from swing so much.
http://gunrightsradio.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

shootthesheet wrote:What is with all the smoke? It is like he is firing Hollywood style blanks or black powder.
Could be Bullseye, or a few other efficient-but-dirty powders.

austin-tatious

Post by austin-tatious »

zigzag wrote:All are great . The Filipino guy 's style is to rack the slide with the left hand. Its like the Israeli style. ...
When my left hand/arm is hurt before I have a chance to try to draw, what then? Yeah, I like the idea that if my gun is grabbed, I have some time before the grabber figures out he has to rack the slide, but if "concealed is concealed", how will he/she even know I have a gun?

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I wonder if concealed carry folks in the Philipines are required to to carry unloaded. Stupid law if so, Guy should move here. He seems to have an afinity for things American, well all except his choice in guns.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
zigzag

Post by zigzag »

Im surprised why he uses the Israeli Mossad style of chamber empty . He must felt comfortable with that kind of setup. I personally go wth round in chamber like we all do here. But again its the speed and reflex that we can learn from this.
Most Filipinos are pro USA. The culture is very influenced by US . In fact, the .45 acp was conceived bec of the need to knock down charging muslims suicide warriors during the US attempt to control Muslim Mindanao circa early 1900s.

SlowDave

Post by SlowDave »

That is an interesting set of videos in comparison to the "a gun w/o one in the chamber is worthless as a weapon" attitude that prevails on this board. I understand the advantages of keeping one in the pipe, especially if the weak-side arm is hurt and/or restrained, but hate the overstatement that not carrying one in the chamber makes your weapon as worthwhile for self defense as a tube of chapstick. This guy seems to be getting some rounds on target in under 5 minutes ok. :thumbs2: :tiphat:

p.s. I carry without one in the chamber.
[flame suit on]

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”