I was Made!!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
wacc
Posts in topic: 1

I was Made!!

Post by wacc »

I got the flu recently (not swine :)) and went in to visit my primary care physician. I was carrying my Kimber Ultra Carry IWB at 4:00. During the course of the exam, my doctor lifted the back of my shirt to listen to my lungs with his stethoscope. He immediately noticed my pistol, dropped my shirt, stepped back and had this scared look on his face. I let him know I had my CHL, he joked about being freaked out and continued on with the exam.

We discussed shooting and CHL and I think I convinced him to go get the training and get his CHL.

mr.72

Re: I was Made!!

Post by mr.72 »

funny.

I took my doctor out shooting a couple of times, encouraged and advised him about buying his first gun, etc. He knows good and well that i carry. No surprises :)
non-conformist CHL holder

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

My Doctor moved to a location which has a 30.06 sign (Kelsey-Seybold Clinic). I am looking for a new Doctor.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

fickman

Post by fickman »

I guess even the deep concealed guys could get made during a prostate exam. . . and now your doc won't give you one of those unless you're absolutely ready for it. :smilelol5:
Native Texian

LostInAustin

Post by LostInAustin »

"....and I expect not to have any extraneous charges on my bill!" :mrgreen:
Colt Combat Commander
Colt Govt Model Series 70
Beretta 92FS

Fangs

Post by Fangs »

I managed to take off my CrossBreed IWB holster with my px4 in it (tactically wrapped in my shirt) in front of two girls and my friend when we decided on an impromptu swim. I later asked him if he'd noticed (he knows I carry) and he'd been clueless. If either of the ladies noticed they didn't give it away, and I didn't ask. :tiphat:
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

nils

Post by nils »

When I go to the doctor's office, I promptly carry in my jacket(yes, even in the summer I keep a little wind-breaker for such situations), and it has always done the job....my doctor isn't from the states, and I'm not sure if she would be cool with me carrying....so she'll never know!!
Sent Packet 7/27
DPS Received 8/11
Plastic in Hand 11/07/2008!!!!

Nils F.
Colt Defender
Springfield Armory Operator-Full Rail
Galco IWB Holster

USA1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by USA1 »

what a pleasant surprise . ;-)

i went to my eye doctor that i've had for years when we got into a discussion about his store being robbed .
i found out that he was an ex-LEO from the 60's and 70's . of coarse the gun topic came up and he mentioned
that he was ready for some knuckle head to come in and try to rob him again .

i jokingly said that he probably has guns stashed under the counter and in the back office .
he said "come back here" . he pulled out a Smith&Wesson 44 Mangnum in all stainless steel :shock:

after that it was "show and tell" time . :mrgreen:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

karder

Post by karder »

That would make a good eye test! How many bullets can you see in the cylinder? If you can see 4, your eye-sight is 20/20. If you can see 5, including the one in the pipe, your eyesight is 20/10!
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

TheArmedFarmer

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

One of the eye doctors in Jacksonville here has an NRA sticker prominently displayed on his front door. He's an avid gun nut and shares shooting stories with anyone who will listen. He keeps in his office an empty .50 cal casing from one of his past shoots, along with pictures of his other rifles (including AR-15s). He's a great guy and a super eye doctor.
Life member: NRA, THSC, HSLDA.

CDH

Post by CDH »

I switch to a pocket pistol (P3AT) when I have a planned visit to the doc...not that I think she'd mind so much, but why stir the pot.

That's as good of a reason as any for several reliable carry pistols...to have options, right!?!?!? :thumbs2:
No damage control is ever as good as prevention.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I wear my weapon to my Chiropractor's office. I was just there a couple of hours ago, in fact. Now, you can imagine that there is just no place for being folded, bent, twisted, spindled, mutilated, and thrown from side to side while you also have a pistol on in an IWB holster. So when he comes in, I just disarm and set it on the counter along with my cellphone, keys, and other accouterments, he breaks me half, draws and quarters me, and then guts me like a fish, and then I just re-holster and go on about my bidness. His only question to me is, "what are you carrying today?"

Of course, he also attends my 6:15 a.m. Friday morning men's Bible study which meets in the He-Man Woman Haters Club Room at my house every week too, and he's seen my safe contents.

:biggrinjester:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

AndyC wrote:

...not that I'm drop-dead handsome ...
WHAT, that's not your photo ???
"rlol"

mblud

Post by mblud »

wacc wrote:I got the flu recently (not swine :)) and went in to visit my primary care physician. I was carrying my Kimber Ultra Carry IWB at 4:00. During the course of the exam, my doctor lifted the back of my shirt to listen to my lungs with his stethoscope. He immediately noticed my pistol, dropped my shirt, stepped back and had this scared look on his face. I let him know I had my CHL, he joked about being freaked out and continued on with the exam.

We discussed shooting and CHL and I think I convinced him to go get the training and get his CHL.
I just recently had to go to the doc for the same thing (strep throat, not pig flu) and was wondering how I was going to handle the pistol dilemma. I ended up leaving the Walther in the truck....not the best solution. Thanks for the post, next time I will just deal with a frightened doctor!
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. Samuel Adams

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”