Is it me or is this forum...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tamc9395

Is it me or is this forum...

Post by tamc9395 »

becoming less friendly. I understand the need for folks to try to search for a similar topic and all, but it seems to be the new "protocol" of pointing someone elsewhere (sometime rudely).

For those of you who have been around, please just reply to the topic - if not just move on.

Sorry to be off topic, but it has caught my attention.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Is it me or is this forum...

Post by Keith B »

I think the advantage of pointing someone to the search feature or directly to previous threads allows them to get a wealth of knowledge in a short time that may have taken days, weeks or months to compile. If they still have questions or want clarification, they can still ask and it will be discussed.

It is by no way intended to squelch discussion or people asking questions. :tiphat:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
tamc9395

Post by tamc9395 »

Just curious since it seems to be in many of the topics and a topic of the topics recently. If everyone did that then 90% of this forum would be links to previous info.

marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by marksiwel »

We are going to cover the same ground again and again. I say a 3 month in between on topics is okay, but thats just me.
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

shootthesheet
Posts in topic: 1

Post by shootthesheet »

Some people don't even know they can search for info and others are sick of reading the same things over and over. I agree that we need to be patient and part of that may be simply passing the thread by. And yes I am as guilty as anyone else. :oops:
http://gunrightsradio.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

Quite the contrary. I think it's one of the friendliest internet forums I've seen.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Not meaning it as a criticism, but I see that you've posted 18 times since you joined about 2-1/2 months ago, or a little over 7 posts per month. It seems to me that is a pretty small sample on which to base a complaint that the forum is not as friendly as it used to be, when "used to be" is in the fairly recent past. Perhaps if you were participating more frequently and over a longer period of time, you might perceive the nature of the posts differently.

Again, not meant to be disrespectful, but I'm just sayin'...
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I would agree that this is one of the most civil forums around. I read many of various topics and most are quite rude, confrontational, and often vulgar.

I also agree that if a topic has been discussed to death a few times (i.e. sitting in a restaurant, what would you do?) over days or weeks with 6+ pages it is definitely easier and better to refer to that thread than to do it all over again.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

marksiwel
Banned

Post by marksiwel »

C-dub wrote:I would agree that this is one of the most civil forums around. I read many of various topics and most are quite rude, confrontational, and often vulgar.

I also agree that if a topic has been discussed to death a few times (i.e. sitting in a restaurant, what would you do?) over days or weeks with 6+ pages it is definitely easier and better to refer to that thread than to do it all over again.
Have you guys been on The High Road Lately? Yeeeesh that place is a nightmare of old angry men and Mall Ninjas.

I left the National Gun Forum last year because of Rudeness and bigotry

This place is great!
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Thank you all for the compliments. :tiphat:

The goal of Charles and the Mods is to make this a family friendly and cordial place to discuss and learn about concealed carry and the shooting sports. We try very hard to keep the it that way, and our fantastic members help by following the guidelines and being good forum citizens. I personally feel very blessed to be a member and a Mod here because of all of our members and the wonderful friends I have made being here. Not to brag, but I really feel everyone here makes this the best Internet forum out there, bar none! :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Keith B wrote: Not to brag, but I really feel everyone here makes this the best Internet forum out there, bar none! :thumbs2:
I can't agree more. It's truly something to be proud of . :thumbs2:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Oh there's no question about that KeithB. Coming here is as relaxing to me as having friends over and talking guns and such over an evening's time. And no one tries to out do the other. Ahhhh how refreshing. ;-)
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

chabouk
Banned

Post by chabouk »

So, does anyone know if it's legal to carry in church?

:biggrinjester:

joe817

Post by joe817 »

chabouk wrote:So, does anyone know if it's legal to carry in church? :biggrinjester:
Only if you have your CHL badge pinned to your CHL sash, and report your guns on your 1040 tax form.
"rlol" :smilelol5: :lol:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

USA1

Post by USA1 »

I haven't been here long enough to judge whether this forum has become "less friendly" or not.

But I am often amazed how many people here are willing to:

- Help answer questions
- Offer guidance
- Offer prayer
- Give legal opinions
- Give tips
- Ect.

To people who are posting for the first time and to people who have been here since day 1
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”