New online CHL application & procedures

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jmra
Posts in topic: 4

Re: New online CHL application & procedures

Post by jmra »

adaboy5 wrote:I just got my license in the mail today as it was still showing the same " wait for enough time to process page" so I think something must be wrong with the online system. One thing I did notice the links to change address, report lost card were there one day as it was not before. I called the week prior and the lady told me my application was being processed. i was totally shocked to get it in the mail today!
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Schooley
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Schooley »

I called yesterday after about a month of seeing no update on the status page. They said its in the mail.

Tried submitting my supporting docs numerous times online, finally got in touch with someone at the regulatory services division who processed my application the day I faxed them. I'll be glad this process is over when it comes in

Meg68
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Meg68 »

My CHL expires on my birthday this year any ideal how many months in advance they will send me any kind of notification?

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Pawpaw »

Meg68 wrote:My CHL expires on my birthday this year any ideal how many months in advance they will send me any kind of notification?
Six
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 11

Post by sjfcontrol »

Six
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Meg68

Post by Meg68 »

Expires in October so it should arrive anytime then...

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Pawpaw »

That's right. Last year, I got my notice in February for an August expiration.

http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=71646" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

gmfitter

Did I do the right things?

Post by gmfitter »

Hope I did this correctly.
1. Took the CHL course and got my CHL-100 form.
2. Did my on-line CHL application and paid with cc.
3. Went to FAST and had my fingerprints done. Was told "they would be electronicly submitted, you do not have to send the FAST form in".
4. Mailed my CHL-100 to the address given.

I have a Texas DL, so the checklist didn't say to mail anything in except the CHL-100.

Have I done this correctly?

thomasagarza

Post by thomasagarza »

I'm new to this site, so please forgive me if this isn't the correct place to post this question. I am in the middle of filling out my online application, and I am unsure how I am supposed to report self employment. For the last 3.5 years I have worked for another company, but prior to that I owned a photography company for several years. Am I supposed to report that like any other job, or do they consider that being unemployed?

Once again, I apologize if I am supposed to ask these types of question somewhere else.

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Did I do the right things?

Post by Crossfire »

gmfitter wrote:Hope I did this correctly.
1. Took the CHL course and got my CHL-100 form.
2. Did my on-line CHL application and paid with cc.
3. Went to FAST and had my fingerprints done. Was told "they would be electronicly submitted, you do not have to send the FAST form in".
4. Mailed my CHL-100 to the address given.

I have a Texas DL, so the checklist didn't say to mail anything in except the CHL-100.

Have I done this correctly?
Yes :thumbsup:
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Crossfire »

thomasagarza wrote:I'm new to this site, so please forgive me if this isn't the correct place to post this question. I am in the middle of filling out my online application, and I am unsure how I am supposed to report self employment. For the last 3.5 years I have worked for another company, but prior to that I owned a photography company for several years. Am I supposed to report that like any other job, or do they consider that being unemployed?

Once again, I apologize if I am supposed to ask these types of question somewhere else.
Just put "self employed" for that period of time. Although sometimes it feels like 'unemployed", it still counts.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

thomasagarza

Post by thomasagarza »

Crossfire wrote:
thomasagarza wrote:I'm new to this site, so please forgive me if this isn't the correct place to post this question. I am in the middle of filling out my online application, and I am unsure how I am supposed to report self employment. For the last 3.5 years I have worked for another company, but prior to that I owned a photography company for several years. Am I supposed to report that like any other job, or do they consider that being unemployed?

Just put "self employed" for that period of time. Although sometimes it feels like 'unemployed", it still counts.
Are you saying that I should put "self employed" as the employer name?

jrene

Post by jrene »

I just applied for a CHL and the application checklist says that "all items listed above" [which includes the CHL-100] may be submitted by secured email to the DPS Regulatory Services Division. Does someone believe that the CHL-100 may NOT be submitted this way? if so it directly contradicts the application checklist instructions. Thanks for any info.

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 11

Post by sjfcontrol »

jrene wrote:I just applied for a CHL and the application checklist says that "all items listed above" [which includes the CHL-100] may be submitted by secured email to the DPS Regulatory Services Division. Does someone believe that the CHL-100 may NOT be submitted this way? if so it directly contradicts the application checklist instructions. Thanks for any info.
The CHL-100 may be sent along with any other required documents. By the way, it's NOT email. It's done thru this site...

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/contact/chl.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Glockster

Post by Glockster »

sjfcontrol wrote:
jrene wrote:I just applied for a CHL and the application checklist says that "all items listed above" [which includes the CHL-100] may be submitted by secured email to the DPS Regulatory Services Division. Does someone believe that the CHL-100 may NOT be submitted this way? if so it directly contradicts the application checklist instructions. Thanks for any info.
The CHL-100 may be sent along with any other required documents. By the way, it's NOT email. It's done thru this site...

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/contact/chl.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A comment and two questions:
- I started my application last week and in my receipt email they had an email link to return documents to, or I could do it on the site

- after fingerprint the tech said that I still needed to send in a copy of their form (the one that I brought to the appointment). I don't see that on the DPS checklist?

- need to send in my CHL-100 and DD-214. Do I send those as one combined PDF document or does their system play better with multiple documents?
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”