New online CHL application & procedures

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 15

Re: New online CHL application & procedures

Post by GlassG19 »

tonygz88 wrote:Hi everyone! Sure am glad I found this forum, lots of good info. I completed my class 2 weeks ago and submitted my CHL-100 and fingerprints about a week and a half ago. Today I read on the checklist to submit my DD-214 (somehow missed that) Do you think it will cause a problem that I submitted them separately? I'm hoping to see status updates by the end of the month. Super pumped about being able to carry here.

I would submit your DD-214 the same way as your other paper work except I would send (DD-214) along w/ your barcode paper, from what I know that "barcode" number is your application number. Anybody shed light on that if I'm 100% correct.....????
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

Does anybody recommend me to call RSD to make sure they "have received all supporting documents"? Reason is obvious that if you have read much on this site ALOT of folks have sent their documents & 30-60 days later they call & they say "didn't receive" this document or that document,, need to resend.
I sent only 3 items & none were all together or same time, all via website,, all 1 week apart. It has not been 30 days yet since I sent fingerprinting & that was the last item sent.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

shb972
Posts in topic: 2

Post by shb972 »

Did I read that right, you have to send the checklist with the barcode on it with your chl-100?

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

shb972 wrote:Did I read that right, you have to send the checklist with the barcode on it with your chl-100?

I was told by a current CHL holder (my co-worker) that the Barcode # is your application # & because I had to send my "fast fingerprint" sheet in myself (the fingerprinting lady said she doesn't do that, I had to myself) as last item that RSD was missing from my "supporting documents",,I sent the barcode sheet along w/it so they would have an application number to go along w/ my fingerprints. From what I've seen here that "most" other fingerprinting places did it for you, that's why I sent it.

shb972

Post by shb972 »

I'd like to keep the original do you think a copy would work?

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

shb972 wrote:I'd like to keep the original do you think a copy would work?

That's what I scanned & downloaded as PDF FILE when I sent it, just a copy, not the original.

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

GlassG19 wrote:
shb972 wrote:I'd like to keep the original do you think a copy would work?

That's what I scanned & downloaded as PDF FILE when I sent it, just a copy, not the original.

If I'm correct, when you do your application online that "barcode gets sent to them.

infoman

Post by infoman »

The barcode number is NOT your application number, & you do NOT need to send that to DPS as part of your application. If you're a regular standard applicant ($140 app fee, or $70 if senior) & born in USA- the ONLY thing you need to send DPS is the CHL-100 form. The company that takes your prints sends those directly to DPS.

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

infoman wrote:The barcode number is NOT your application number, & you do NOT need to send that to DPS as part of your application. If you're a regular standard applicant ($140 app fee, or $70 if senior) & born in USA- the ONLY thing you need to send DPS is the CHL-100 form. The company that takes your prints sends those directly to DPS.

So if that's the truth is the "fast fingerprinting application" must be for sending in by snail mail?
I'm wondering why then the "fingerprinting lady" asked to see my "fast application" after she did my fingerprints & she said she had to sign it & told me I have to send it (fast application) myself.

infoman

Post by infoman »

You do not need to send DPS any document regarding the fingerprints. (Unless you're mailing old school fingerprint cards for those that live in small population counties).

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

infoman wrote:You do not need to send DPS any document regarding the fingerprints. (Unless you're mailing old school fingerprint cards for those that live in small population counties).

:tiphat: :tiphat:

txcshooter
Posts in topic: 3

Post by txcshooter »

Need your help please....

My wife's original CHL expired in Nov '14. She would now like to carry again. My question is, will she be able just to do a renewal or will she have to start over with a new LTC. I do know that she will need to have her digital prints done, since that's what I was required to do when I renewed. I just tried entering her info on the renewal side of the DPS website but was told she is not in the system. YIKES!!
Taurus G2s, Rossi .22lr rifle, Mossberg 20ga p/a
"If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat!" -unknown

txtaxman

Post by txtaxman »

txcshooter wrote: My wife's original CHL expired in Nov '14. She would now like to carry again. My question is, will she be able just to do a renewal or will she have to start over with a new LTC. I do know that she will need to have her digital prints done, since that's what I was required to do when I renewed. I just tried entering her info on the renewal side of the DPS website but was told she is not in the system. YIKES!!
Since her license expired more than 1 year ago, she will have to start all over, take the class, pay the full fee, and submit fingerprints.
Lamar County

cbr6864r
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cbr6864r »

Anyone know if new cards will still be available with Veteran printed on top

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Pawpaw »

cbr6864r wrote:Anyone know if new cards will still be available with Veteran printed on top
I've never heard of DPS running out of cards before. I can't imagine why they would start now. :tiphat:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”