Former/Current LEO/Military or other first responder.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Military/LEO/FR Status

Separated or Retired Military
35%
Active or Reserve Military
6%
Former or Retired LEO
10%
Active LEO
3%
Current/Former/Retired Fire
9%
Current/Former/Retired EMS
11%
Other Emergency First Responder
6%
None of the above - Please Select this if you do not fit any of the above.
21%

Total votes: 154

Topic author
dicion
Posts in topic: 2

Former/Current LEO/Military or other first responder.

Post by dicion »

I read a thread on another forum, and I thought it would be a good idea here. Just wondering what the numbers are on this forum :thumbs2:

You can select multiple options, please select all that apply to you today!

If you choose "Other Emergency First Responder" please detail it here, so I can see what I forgot!

If you are none of the above, please feel free to check that as well!

And I'll check 'Separated Military' to start the poll! :patriot:
Last edited by dicion on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Former/Current LEO/Military or other first responder.

Post by A-R »

I am "none of the above" but I have a PROFOUND respect for the men and women who have earned the right to mark all the other categories.

:tiphat:

:patriot: :txflag:

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Separated Military

:tiphat:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

I was in the military and got out in 2003. I was also in LE and got out in 2005. However now that I'm done with my masters and all that I'm about to get current on all of my TCELOSE training so I can go re-challenge the licensing exam. Hopefully I'll pass and get a reserve slot somewhere.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

I'm in an odd situation. I'm both retired AND reserve. I'm in the Retired Reserve. I served 14 years active, and 9 years in the Individual Ready Reserve. I did not build enough "good years" in the IRR to get a 20 year letter. So, after 23 years I got notified I could either be discharged or go into the Retired Reserve as a "patriotic choice." I draw no benefits, but as I understand it I can be recalled during a national mobilization, even after age 60 (as most retired folks can). I'm 68 right now and would gladly serve if called, but I'm afraid I'd never pass a military flight physical. Too many "gittin' old" issues. ;-)

skub

Post by skub »

Checked "Other First Responder" - got my Wilderness First Responder first-aid certification last summer. Don't know whether that fits what you were asking...
Theologue at large
5th Generation Texan
CHL 05/04

lowonair

Post by lowonair »

im a first responder for where i work but its nothing special. just a chemical refinery.

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

I forgot to also mention that when someone asks what people want for lunch or dinner or says our meal is served I am typically the first responder to that.
Last edited by gregthehand on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

redlin67

Post by redlin67 »

G26ster wrote:I'm in an odd situation. I'm both retired AND reserve. I'm in the Retired Reserve. I served 14 years active, and 9 years in the Individual Ready Reserve. I did not build enough "good years" in the IRR to get a 20 year letter. So, after 23 years I got notified I could either be discharged or go into the Retired Reserve as a "patriotic choice." I draw no benefits, but as I understand it I can be recalled during a national mobilization, even after age 60 (as most retired folks can). I'm 68 right now and would gladly serve if called, but I'm afraid I'd never pass a military flight physical. Too many "gittin' old" issues. ;-)
I was in for 12 Active Army and did another 6 between NG and reserve. My civilian work become enough of a priority to have to drop the reserves and I had to go to Retired Reserve status also. I am near 57 and also could be reactivated if needed. I was a qualified Combat Engineer and a Maintenance CW3. A big salute :patriot: to you and all the others in all the catagories.
Taurus PT111
Ruger LCP

5/26/10 Plastic

To see what is right and not to do it is want of courage.
Confucius

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Active Army US Infantry Soldier since 1985, SGM Marquez is presently interned at the 1st CAV DIV, Fort Hood Tx, Operations G3.

If you all have reason to get to Hood, feel free to give up your 2nd amendment rights at the gate, pass by the “guard” who on a good day can spell GUN and may even be able to see it past his (or her) gut. Make your way to the DIV HQ, walk past the open doors, go to rear of the building and give your ID to the clerk in exchange for an ID badge, then wander around with the large backpack you did not have to submit for search until you find my office, 2nd floor RM 2018. I’ll buy you a really bad cup of coffee.
:totap:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

Active Duty here.

SGM,
Thanks for the laugh. I know what you mean I was at Fort Hood a couple years ago (1st CAV).

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

G26ster wrote:I'm in an odd situation. I'm both retired AND reserve. I'm in the Retired Reserve. I served 14 years active, and 9 years in the Individual Ready Reserve. I did not build enough "good years" in the IRR to get a 20 year letter. So, after 23 years I got notified I could either be discharged or go into the Retired Reserve as a "patriotic choice." I draw no benefits, but as I understand it I can be recalled during a national mobilization, even after age 60 (as most retired folks can). I'm 68 right now and would gladly serve if called, but I'm afraid I'd never pass a military flight physical. Too many "gittin' old" issues. ;-)
I was IRR for a few years and was Involuntarily mobilized and sent to Afghanistan. I had enough years to retire when I got back, so I did. So yes, you can be called back but it is unlikely once you pass 60 years of age.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Texas Dan Mosby

Post by Texas Dan Mosby »

Survived 20 years of service and, while "retire" is the appropriate word, I choose to use "resign" as it is more fitting.
88 day wait for the state to approve my constitutional right to bear arms...

tallmike

Post by tallmike »

Prior military, volunteer Fire/EMS now

3dfxMM

Post by 3dfxMM »

Survived 20 years of service and, while "retire" is the appropriate word, I choose to use "resign" as it is more fitting.
People who resign don't typically continue to get paid and receive benefits. :)

Thank you (and all the rest of you clicked something other than the bottom button) for your service.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”