POLL: What Caliber You Carried Most In 2010?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

What Caliber did you carry the most in 2010?

Samller than .22 Magnum
No votes
.22 Magnum
0%
0%
9%
9mm
27%
.327 federal
0%
.38 Special or .38 Special +P
7%
.357 Magnum
2%
.357 Sig
1%
.40 S&W
20%
10 mm
2%
.45 GAP
No votes
.45 ACP
29%
.44 Special or .44 Magnum
0%
Larger than .44 Magnum
0%

Total votes: 324

Shasta
Posts in topic: 1

Re: POLL: What Caliber You Carried Most In 2010?

Post by Shasta »

HarleyDave wrote:I carry 45 acp & wife carries a sig 238=380. We're prepared! :patriot:
I carry a sig 238 and Mr. Shasta carries his 45. :coolgleamA:

NTexas_V-Star

Post by NTexas_V-Star »

Seabear wrote:
DoubleJ wrote:yeah, I was surprised there aren't more .380ACP's up there.

maybe no one wants to admit that's what they're carrying ;-) :mrgreen: :biggrinjester:
I was fixin' to say the same thing. I see more people with LCP's and P3AT's than anything else.

What I have found is a lot of people that carry EVERYDAY, carry something small, and the guys and gals that carry only when they think they may need it carry larger calibers
. If I think I am going to need it, I don't go. LOL

I voted .380 because I carry mine every day that I am in shorts, and as a fishing guide, that is a LOT of the time. When I am not in shorts it's either a compact 9mm or like now, during hunting season and I m guiding deer hunts, it is a snub nosed .357 .

I voted .45ACP, that's what I carry every single day. I guess I've been blessed in that I can carry at work, and I don't ever find myself somewhere that I can't carry. So anytime you see me, you can safely assume there is a Springfield Lightweight Champion Operator 1911 on my person, with a spare mag somewhere as well. Every now and then, I get a wild hair and decide to carry my full size XD 5 inch .45ACP, the Tactical model. It has to be cold out for to pull that one off though.

Although I agree, I know quite a few people who carry, and they all carry smaller weapons such as the P3AT, LCP, so on and so forth. When we get into the "show & tell", people are generally surprised at what i'm carrying.
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War..."

CHL course Taken: January 24th, 2009
Application Mailed: January 31st, 2009
PIN recieved : March 4th, 2009
Certificate Active: April 18, 2009 (Day 77)
Plastic In Hand : April 20th, 2009 (Day 79)

hangfour

Post by hangfour »

45 ACP for me ... carried it 99 percent of the time. On rare occasions I pocketed a S&W38 special snubbie.
There is an afterlife - what we do here matters!
Kahr pm9 (mama-bear)
Kimber pro CDP II (papa-bear)
S&W 38 special airweight (baby-bear)

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

I think that this poll is skewed because we on the forum are mostly firearm enthusiasts. Hence, the high calibers. I suspect that the gen pop will be mostly .380. I'm surprised nobody carries a .22lr revolver. Those NAA mini revolvers are popular as back-up guns. Many people who carry large calibers will carry a smaller caliber BUG. When the manner of dress doesn't allow the big gun, they'll carry the BUG only. Doesn't that mean you carry the BUG more? I think a lot more people are carrying mouse guns than are willing to admit.

When I carry, it's a 9mm Glock + a 380 kel-tec. However, when I'm wearing shorts or wearing exercise pants that have no belt, I'll carry the kel-tec only. This means that I carry the little 380 more than the big Glock.

Y'all who carry BUG, you should re-do the poll with the BUG caliber as your most carried gun....

garcia946

Post by garcia946 »

.40 for me all the time, in my Glock 27 and my 23 :coolgleamA:
NRA Instructor/RSO
Glock 27 .40 , Sig P229 .40
Right To Carry CHL

Pacifist

Post by Pacifist »

Tough choice---My .380 is with me during all waking and most sleeping hours. About 98% of the time, I also have a .40 or a 9mm close at hand, except when it's just impossible to conceal one of them.

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

My vote is for .380.

My main carry gun is a 9mm, however 30.06 restrictions at work mean that it is impractical to holster up with the Hi-Power in the morning, as I carry both the sidearm and the extra mags OWB using belt slots. So instead, I pocket carry my .380 BUG only, which I can quickly stow in the car when I arrive at work.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

heeler

Post by heeler »

I carry my Diamondback 380(mine is a very good one) every where that it is legal to do so.
Hey it weighs a whole 12 ounces fully loaded.
It has very good sights that make it an accurate little pistol.
I also own an older S&W Model 37 Airweight but it's a bit bulkier than the .380 and so far have not found a pocket holster or other type of holster to make it work.
Half the time I forget I have the .380 with me.
That's how comfortable a carry gun it is.

TxDrifter

Post by TxDrifter »

NTexas_V-Star wrote: I voted .45ACP, that's what I carry every single day. I guess I've been blessed in that I can carry at work, and I don't ever find myself somewhere that I can't carry. So anytime you see me, you can safely assume there is a Springfield Lightweight Champion Operator 1911 on my person, with a spare mag somewhere as well.
Only one spare mag? I must be sick. My daily is a Kimber Super Carry Ultra and I usually have 3 spare mags on me.
USAF Veteran
Lifetime NRA Member
Do or do not, there is no try.
For those who fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

Katygunnut

Post by Katygunnut »

Seabear wrote:
DoubleJ wrote:yeah, I was surprised there aren't more .380ACP's up there.

maybe no one wants to admit that's what they're carrying ;-) :mrgreen: :biggrinjester:
I was fixin' to say the same thing. I see more people with LCP's and P3AT's than anything else.

What I have found is a lot of people that carry EVERYDAY, carry something small, and the guys and gals that carry only when they think they may need it carry larger calibers. If I think I am going to need it, I don't go. LOL

I voted .380 because I carry mine every day that I am in shorts, and as a fishing guide, that is a LOT of the time. When I am not in shorts it's either a compact 9mm or like now, during hunting season and I m guiding deer hunts, it is a snub nosed .357 .
I have a P3AT, but I rarely carry it just because my pocket 9MM is almost as small (originally a PF-9, then a Taurus Slim, now a Kahr PM-9). My S&W 442 is usually easier to carry / more concealable than the P3AT. I can't justify carrying a 380 unless it is significantly easier to carry than a larger caliber.

My P3AT usually hangs out in the gun safe.

tornado

Post by tornado »

If I'm somewhere legal and I have a pocket, the .380 is there. Even when I'm carrying something bigger (.40 S&W). Always good to have a backup.

JDRFL1

Post by JDRFL1 »

I generally carry the ole trusty .40 cal.

mgood

Post by mgood »

drjoker wrote:I'm surprised nobody carries a .22lr revolver. Those NAA mini revolvers are popular as back-up guns.
I have carried an NAA Pug .22Mag.
I voted .45 because in 2010, I carried my Kimber Ultra CDP II .45ACP more than anything else.
But if I'm just stepping out for a minute and don't want to put on the holster and belt, or change into clothes that can conceal a larger weapon, I just grab the Pug and put it in my pocket.

Symtex

Post by Symtex »

Glock 17.... 9mm for me.

d strokes

Post by d strokes »

9mm
"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." — Benjamin Franklin

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”