Fingerprints

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Fingerprints

Post by Crossfire »

Apparently, they ARE retained. Otherwise, we wouldn't be able to give renewals a pass on prints if, as DPS says, they have "classifiable prints on file".

And, you gotta understand that, anything that has been electronically submitted to anywhere is still on file somewhere in some database on some server in the interweb.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

USA1
Posts in topic: 8

Post by USA1 »

WildBill wrote:
USA1 wrote:Ok, I'm not clear on something. Are the fingerprints used for the initial ID verification or to keep on record for future ID verification or even matching prints taken from a crime. scene?

Many people have no previous prints on file at the time of applying for a CHL.
They are not supposed to be used for matching crime scenes. That is why they are supposed to be destroyed.
I somehow get the feeling they are stored in some secret database somewhere

...not all conspiracies are theories. :coolgleamA:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

AlexKilpatrick
Posts in topic: 5

Post by AlexKilpatrick »

There are a lot of different definitions of "retained" I know military fingerprints are kept in a database at the FBI, but are never searched expect in very, very special circumstances. Teacher fingerprints are deleted. To a certain extent, it is in the FBI's best interest to try to keep irrelevant records (eg good guys) out of their database. The more records you have, the more likely you will have a false positive (or negative). If I recall correctly, the FBI actually has about 12 different databases that they search under different guideline.

I suspect the CHL records are deleted by the FBI after the search, but are kept in a separate database by DHS for resubmittal on a renewal.

Kythas

Post by Kythas »

Speaking of the electronic finger print places, where does one go to find a place that does them?
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Kythas wrote:Speaking of the electronic finger print places, where does one go to find a place that does them?
http://www.l1enrollment.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by WildBill on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

AlexKilpatrick

Post by AlexKilpatrick »

Kythas wrote:Speaking of the electronic finger print places, where does one go to find a place that does them?
You have to schedule through L-1's site.

http://www.l1enrollment.com/state/?st=tx

Topic author
Spiderman15
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Spiderman15 »

O.K. Fella's Got the call this morning and the fingerprints were all ready rejected. Only took three day's I was impressed. Going to get them redone this Thursday drinking plenty of water and using Cornhusker's lotion. Any more suggestion's? Wish me luck.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Spiderman15 wrote:O.K. Fella's Got the call this morning and the fingerprints were all ready rejected. Only took three day's I was impressed. Going to get them redone this Thursday drinking plenty of water and using Cornhusker's lotion. Any more suggestion's? Wish me luck.
Good Luck! I would tell you to cross your fingers, but that would probably make it worse. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

USA1

Post by USA1 »

WildBill wrote:
Spiderman15 wrote:O.K. Fella's Got the call this morning and the fingerprints were all ready rejected. Only took three day's I was impressed. Going to get them redone this Thursday drinking plenty of water and using Cornhusker's lotion. Any more suggestion's? Wish me luck.
I would tell you to cross your fingers, but that would probably make it worse. :mrgreen:
"rlol"

AlexKilpatrick

Post by AlexKilpatrick »

Tell them that you have tough fingerprints and they need to take their time. I got mine done today and the lady really rushed through it, overriding the system when it said the fingerprints weren't good quality. For most people, a couple of bad fingerprints won't make any difference, but you will want to make sure they spend the time trying to get as good of a capture as possible. Watch the screen, and if the image is muddled, you should ask them to capture again.

Also, relax your hands and let them do the work. Just go limp; don't try to help them with your fingers.

Kythas

Post by Kythas »

WildBill wrote:
http://www.l1enrollment.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks!
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

Topic author
Spiderman15
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Spiderman15 »

UPDATE,
Went back yesterday evening for a retry on my fingerprint's. Told the lady I thought it was gonna work this time, because some bud's told me a couple trick's to try. Her comment was I don't know what they told you to try but there is no way anything could change in one week. Since Monday I have used bout a half bottle of cornhuskers lotion and drank enough water and gatoraide to float a boat. So we do the print's and she takes the picture and then just stops and say's O.K. What were the tricks cause I have never seen prints change that quick. I want to thank you fellas for your suggestion's and helping me out. Now it it is off to the waiting room.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Good Deal! :thumbs2:
NRA Endowment Member

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Spiderman15 wrote: I want to thank you fellas for your suggestion's and helping me out.
We aim to please. :mrgreen:

gddb856
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gddb856 »

Any one know where i can find the Agency/ORI Number for Fingerprinting? I called L1 but they said I need to get the information from DPS.
I called DPS but the waiting was too long.
I submitted a paper fingerprinting and would like to use the FAST by L1 instead of any issue.
Thanks

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”