New Type of CHL Class

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Re: New Type of CHL Class

Post by WildBill »

wgoforth wrote:Even better...a gun shop owner in Granbury TX tells customers they don't need conceal carry license if they have them IN their pockets or in their pants. He insists that CARRY means wearing on your belt, and that as long as they are inside your clothes you are good to go. He further stated that IF you DO get a CHL...then you can no longer wear inside your clothes or purse, because that would not be "carry."..... :waiting:
This guy sounds like a genuine menace. :banghead:
NRA Endowment Member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

wgoforth wrote:Even better...a gun shop owner in Granbury TX tells customers they don't need conceal carry license if they have them IN their pockets or in their pants. He insists that CARRY means wearing on your belt, and that as long as they are inside your clothes you are good to go. He further stated that IF you DO get a CHL...then you can no longer wear inside your clothes or purse, because that would not be "carry."..... :waiting:
The world is fool of ignorance and charlatans.... and ignorant charlatans.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

jimeple wrote:I was incorrect. It was Utah he stated, not Oregon.
And it is exactly because of crooks like this guy that we are now confronted with the possible passage of HB 365. There is always some pimple on the hindparts of progress who can't leave well enough alone and will through their own greed wreck things for everyone else.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Barbi Q
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Barbi Q »

Medic624 wrote:I recently moved here from WA state (the left coast) :mrgreen: and per the below quote from the Txdps website ...

As far as that class... I've been researching since I got here and have not heard anything about not having to do the 10 hour class... sounds like he wants to get some $$$ and then blame the state when you don't get your CHL or he is just more informed than the rest of us... :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:

November 18, 2005 Washington

Note: Effective immediately, Governor Perry has issued a proclamation that allows persons with concealed handgun licenses from Washington to legally carry in Texas. Washington license holders will be required to follow Texas law while carrying in this state. This proclamation is unilateral and is not a reciprocal agreement. Texas concealed handgun license holders will not be allowed to carry in Washington.
That's unilateral. Washington won't accept the Texas CHL. Why not?
Because Texas will issue a CHL to an active duty marine who is 20.
If anyone is raped, beaten or murdered on a college campus from this day forward
The senators who blocked SB 354 from being considered on 4/7/11 and
The members of the house calendar committee who haven't scheduled HB 750
Have the victims' blood on their hands.

wgoforth
Posts in topic: 4

Post by wgoforth »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Same gun shop that is posted 30.06 and had a customer arrested for bringing a gun in for him to repair.... (he is listed as a gunsmith also..)
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

wgoforth wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Same gun shop that is posted 30.06 and had a customer arrested for bringing a gun in for him to repair.... (he is listed as a gunsmith also..)
Wow! How does it affect your bottom line if you have your customers arrested?
What type of gun store posts 30.06? What store is this?
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

sjfcontrol wrote:
wgoforth wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wow! How does it affect your bottom line if you have your customers arrested?
What type of gun store posts 30.06? What store is this?
I can't vouch for the accuracy of the post, but this link states that the police were called, but the man was not actually arrested because the sign was not compliant. It is dated Feb 2009.
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en ... 9854084193" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Endowment Member

Medic624

Post by Medic624 »

Barbi Q wrote:
Medic624 wrote:I recently moved here from WA state (the left coast) :mrgreen: and per the below quote from the Txdps website ...

As far as that class... I've been researching since I got here and have not heard anything about not having to do the 10 hour class... sounds like he wants to get some $$$ and then blame the state when you don't get your CHL or he is just more informed than the rest of us... :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:

November 18, 2005 Washington

Note: Effective immediately, Governor Perry has issued a proclamation that allows persons with concealed handgun licenses from Washington to legally carry in Texas. Washington license holders will be required to follow Texas law while carrying in this state. This proclamation is unilateral and is not a reciprocal agreement. Texas concealed handgun license holders will not be allowed to carry in Washington.
That's unilateral. Washington won't accept the Texas CHL. Why not?
Because Texas will issue a CHL to an active duty marine who is 20.
Okay... :confused5
I didn't say it was reciprocal and as far as the Marine issue... Well, seeing as I served for almost 10 years I personally feel if you've served your country you should be allowed to own a handgun as well as buy a beer etc... :patriot:
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (AMDG)
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
George Washington

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

wgoforth wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wow. It is almost funny how bristling with guns the guys are at the indoor shooting range I go to, and my gun shop. They can pull out a weapon from almost any where on their body...kind of like magic. This guy in Granbury sounds like someone who needs to go bankrupt.
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

johnson0317 wrote:
wgoforth wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wow. It is almost funny how bristling with guns the guys are at the indoor shooting range I go to, and my gun shop. They can pull out a weapon from almost any where on their body...kind of like magic. This guy in Granbury sounds like someone who needs to go bankrupt.
Yes, I dunno how he stays in business. I was looking for a smaller gun for carry. When I told him that he started yelling at me like I was stealing something. He has a see-through mirror that he sits behind watching customers.... looks like something from the hills, huge mountain man beard that is braided....suspenders with knives all up and down the suspender straps. I left at first possible convenience.
NRA Life Member
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

johnson0317 wrote:Wow. It is almost funny how bristling with guns the guys are at the indoor shooting range I go to, and my gun shop. They can pull out a weapon from almost any where on their body...kind of like magic. This guy in Granbury sounds like someone who needs to go bankrupt.
Yup, Murle is a legend in his own mind. Must be independantly wealthy. He certainly can't be making a profit treating customers like that!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

PappaGun

Post by PappaGun »

wgoforth wrote: Yes, I dunno how he stays in business. I was looking for a smaller gun for carry. When I told him that he started yelling at me like I was stealing something. He has a see-through mirror that he sits behind watching customers.... looks like something from the hills, huge mountain man beard that is braided....suspenders with knives all up and down the suspender straps. I left at first possible convenience.
He could make more money as a tourist attraction.
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe."
- Noah Webster

"All we ask for is registration, just like we do for cars."
- Charles Schumer

kjolly

Post by kjolly »

There is a lot of valuable and experienced information available when taking the Texas CHL class,
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Certified Trainer, IDPA
NRA Range Safety Officer

http://www.tacticalpistol.us

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Just an FYI on the Oregon CCW. They only issue non resident licenses to adjoining States. So a Texas resident would not be able to get one.

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

Crossfire wrote:
johnson0317 wrote:Wow. It is almost funny how bristling with guns the guys are at the indoor shooting range I go to, and my gun shop. They can pull out a weapon from almost any where on their body...kind of like magic. This guy in Granbury sounds like someone who needs to go bankrupt.
Yup, Murle is a legend in his own mind. Must be independantly wealthy. He certainly can't be making a profit treating customers like that!
ROFL... you know him then! ~Interesting~ if nothing else. Very sadly, he accidentally shot and killed his little boy while target practicing. I don't know if that warped him or what. It's really a shame, as his cases are full of guns.
NRA Life Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”