can you conceal carry at the fort bend county fair?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
9mmLover
Posts in topic: 1

can you conceal carry at the fort bend county fair?

Post by 9mmLover »

title says it all.

the fort bend county fair is in full swing.

i tried calling their offices, but its always busy. im trying to find out if i can conceal carry at the fort bend county fair.

if anything, ill probably get turned away at the door and told to put it in the trunk.

Scott in Houston
Posts in topic: 2

Re: can you conceal carry at the fort bend county fair?

Post by Scott in Houston »

I don't know of a law that can prevent it.

Not sure if 30.06 would even apply because I don't know if it's public or privately run/owned.

I'd carry there.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I would think you can carry everywhere EXCEPT at the rodeo. That is a professional sporting event and carry is banned.
Steve Rothstein

denwego

Post by denwego »

We went last year, and there actually was a 30.06 sign at the entrance with correct text and sizing. However, it's publicly-owned and operated, and can't be posted with a valid sign, so I carried right on past. It's not like they're searching or wanding or the like. As they said above, however, the rodeo portion is a professional sporting event and is off-limits, sign or no sign. I just went for the funnel cake and the music, so I was golden. I wish the musical acts this year were up to snuff!

auggie mathis
Posts in topic: 3

Post by auggie mathis »

The FBCF grounds are owned and ran by Fort Bend County The fair is operated by volunteers There is a 30.06 sign at the gate
I am trying to understand if this is correct . The fair office could not answer my questions . I realize the Rodeo part you cant carry in because its a sporting event .

Any sugestions

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I don't recall there being a sign last year but I might have just missed it.
Psalm 91:2

deplorable

Post by deplorable »

auggie mathis wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:40 am Any sugestions
Obey the law and ignore invalid signs.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

deplorable wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:24 pm
auggie mathis wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:40 am Any suggestions
And make sure concealed is really concealed. I've walked past invalid signs and even gotten into a stand-off with a political entity who put up fences and wanted to wand me to get into an event. At least some of the ones that do those sorts of things are capable of using law enforcement to further their demands. Just because the sign is invalid doesn't mean that you won't take a ride because of it. Locally, Grapevine has put up 30.06 at their events and the LEOs have made it clear that they would enforce that sign. And they are going to be a lot better at noticing a bump in your clothing than the general public.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

chasfm11 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:28 am
And make sure concealed is really concealed. I've walked past invalid signs and even gotten into a stand-off with a political entity who put up fences and wanted to wand me to get into an event. At least some of the ones that do those sorts of things are capable of using law enforcement to further their demands. Just because the sign is invalid doesn't mean that you won't take a ride because of it. Locally, Grapevine has put up 30.06 at their events and the LEOs have made it clear that they would enforce that sign. And they are going to be a lot better at noticing a bump in your clothing than the general public.
Fortbend isn't Grapevine. I'm pretty sure that that the LEO and political leaders of Fort Bend understand and respect our 2nd amendment rights, and that half the people attending the fair are packing. My only concern would be the rodeo portion. Is it a professional sporting event? and the carnival rides with a less than great retention.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Maybe CJ should "audit" Grapevine...
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

spectre
Banned

Post by spectre »

ScottDLS wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:30 am
Maybe CJ should "audit" Grapevine...
Maybe self ordained three percenters should do what the real three percenters did to government officials who overstepped their authority.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

As the law and guidance letters explain making the fairgrounds off limits to carry is a violation of the law.

This needs to be addressed at the local and county level and if the signage is not immediately removed it needs to be reported.

Gov't is only accountable to those they serve when we hold them accountable.

I would start with the mayor, county judge, city manager, and head of whichever police agency is responsible for security at the fair grounds.

The rodeo is the only place there that by statute should be off limits to lawful carry.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

auggie mathis

Post by auggie mathis »

Thanks for all the answers I will contact the Mayor as well as the Fort Bend County Sheriffs office

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

If you call, remember Texas is a one party consent state for recording. If you call and they confess they would make a false arrest, send a copy of the recording to Ken Paxton. Then wait 30 days and post a copy of the recording online.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

auggie mathis

Post by auggie mathis »

Looks like at this time all signs have been removed . I will keep a watch out to see if they replace them next week when the fair starts

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”