What should I use, harsh language?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

tbrown
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What should I use, harsh language?

Post by tbrown » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:32 pm

In the right circumstances, harsh language can be very useful.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:04 pm

I'm surprised pocket carry doesn't work for you. I have a Mika pocket holster for my S&W 642 and it doesn't come close to falling out. Deeper pockets, perhaps?

Other than that, I'd go with ankle carry or one of the deep carry methods (belly band, undershirt holster, Smart Carry, etc.). Maybe switch it to your pocket for the walk to the car at the end of your shift. With the plethora of carry options we have now, I'm convinced that if you have clothes on there's some way to conceal a gun.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

HankB

Post by HankB » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:02 pm

You mentioned you're a doorman - does that involve uniform pants with shallow pockets?

Right now I'm wearing Dockers cargo pants in a style that has deep pockets, and I've never come close to having my S&W 340Sc fall out. If you're wearing uniform pants with shallow pockets, you might consider a little custom tailoring to install at least one deep pocket. Maybe even with a zipper . . .

While you're on the job, consider some sort of deep cover carry as mentioned before . . . and then once your shift ends, right before you leave, make a quick stop in the men's room and make the switch from deep carry to pocket carry in a stall.
Original CHL: 2000: 56 day turnaround
1st renewal, 2004: 34 days
2nd renewal, 2008: 81 days
3rd renewal, 2013: 12 days

johnson0317
Posts in topic: 2

Post by johnson0317 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 pm

tbrown wrote:In the right circumstances, harsh language can be very useful.
So can a harsh look. Was up in Frisco doing a little Christmas shopping today. Stopped at a gas station to fill up. While I was standing there, a young man and woman came wending through the gas station lot and towards me. I shot them a look that was more unintentional than not. After spending a couple of grand at the StoneBriar Mall, I may not have been all that receptive to strangers walking up on me. They both froze in place. The guy said, "We are not weirdos". He went on to say that they worked at the something or another salon are were handing out coupons for 90% off of their usual prices, so could we go help a neighbor out. I let him know we were from out of town, and headed back home.

I think they were definitely more shook up than I. I realized, after the fact, that I immediately presented my weak side to them. I did not touch my weapon, and I did not give them any indication that I was armed. It think the body language, along with the look, told them to stop while still a good 15 feet away. Wish it worked like that all of the time!

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”