In my experience, 30.06 signs are not that common

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rp_photo
Posts in topic: 1

In my experience, 30.06 signs are not that common

Post by rp_photo »

I've been carrying since March, and since then I've only seen several 30.06 signs.

Have I been fortunate, or are they really not that common?
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

Teamless

Re: In my experience, 30.06 signs are not that common

Post by Teamless »

I have personally seen 3 or 4 valid and legally enforceable 30.06 signs for about 20 months.
This does not count the 30.06 signs at gun shows, as I while I do not believe they are enforceable (at least the ones at government owned facilities - this has been debated over and over before, lets not start again now)

So I do not think they are very common
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Why are you searching for 'em? They're either there or they ain't. They're either compliant or they ain't.

Move along folks, there's nothing to see here.

texanron

Post by texanron »

I've only seen 2 compliant 30.06 signs in the year I've been carrying.
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

apostate

Post by apostate »

Oldgringo wrote:Move along folks, there's nothing to see here.
That's my strategy. If I see a 30.06 sign, I move along, and take my money with me.

Especially at gun shows. :thumbs2:

wgoforth
Posts in topic: 4

Post by wgoforth »

rp_photo wrote:I've been carrying since March, and since then I've only seen several 30.06 signs.

Have I been fortunate, or are they really not that common?
I probably travel around more than many...but you have been fortunate. Hospitals, nursing homes, banks, restaurants, malls, Sea World.... yup seen plenty I'm afraid.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

In the probably year and a half that I've been keeping an eye out for them, I've seen exactly two 30.06 signs... one at a hospital in Grapevine and another at a pawn shop (coincidentally also in Grapevine).
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

There's a whole bunch of 'em here. Post 'em when you see 'em.

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

Dave2 wrote:In the probably year and a half that I've been keeping an eye out for them, I've seen exactly two 30.06 signs... one at a hospital in Grapevine and another at a pawn shop (coincidentally also in Grapevine).
Just about every hospital I have seen has them, and many other types of medical facilities.
NRA Life Member
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

wgoforth wrote:
Dave2 wrote:In the probably year and a half that I've been keeping an eye out for them, I've seen exactly two 30.06 signs... one at a hospital in Grapevine and another at a pawn shop (coincidentally also in Grapevine).
Just about every hospital I have seen has them, and many other types of medical facilities.
The Texas Hospital Associaton makes sure that hospitals are aware of the carrying laws, from what I understand.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Katygunnut

Post by Katygunnut »

n5wd wrote:
wgoforth wrote:
The Texas Hospital Associaton makes sure that hospitals are aware of the carrying laws, from what I understand.
That's interesting. I've visited 4 hospitals in the Houston area in the last year or so, and have yet to see any 30.06 signs. I did see other signs that said something about guns, but nothing that would apply to a CHL holder.

I should note that I entered the buildings using main public entrances (front door, and/or ER), and did not feel obligated to search out all entrances to see whether any of them might be posted with a 30.06 sign.

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

Katygunnut wrote:
n5wd wrote:
wgoforth wrote:
That's interesting. I've visited 4 hospitals in the Houston area in the last year or so, and have yet to see any 30.06 signs. I did see other signs that said something about guns, but nothing that would apply to a CHL holder.

I should note that I entered the buildings using main public entrances (front door, and/or ER), and did not feel obligated to search out all entrances to see whether any of them might be posted with a 30.06 sign.
Not saying they are or not posted... but I am a preacher and visit hospitals regularly both to visit members as well as numerous ones due to our sons heart condition..and my wife's childbirths. All I have been too have been properly posted.... If not, carry away.
Last edited by wgoforth on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member

GEM-Texas

Post by GEM-Texas »

Medical buildings all the time.

But - not compliant, 8.5 by 11 printed 30.06 prose on Red McCombs car dealerships. Interestingly, one dealer had a compliant sign awhile ago and then removed it for the noncompliant one.

Asked them - the salesman said he didn't know. Probably, didn't know if I was pro or anti and shut up.

SlowDave

Post by SlowDave »

30.06 signs? A good handful. Even the thift store... name suddenly escapes me starts with W?... lots o' hospitals, hotels, other stores.

Legally enforceable 30.06 signs? Not very many. If I wanted to push on every detail, I could probably dismiss all but 1 or 2. A ton of white letters on clear glass and hardly ever are they 1" letters as well.

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

SlowDave wrote:30.06 signs? A good handful. Even the thift store... name suddenly escapes me starts with W?... lots o' hospitals, hotels, other stores.

Legally enforceable 30.06 signs? Not very many. If I wanted to push on every detail, I could probably dismiss all but 1 or 2. A ton of white letters on clear glass and hardly ever are they 1" letters as well.
If they meet every other aspect except except the white letter on clear background ("contrasting" could be somewhat subjective) or are close enough to one inch that I would have to get out a ruler, I do not push it. Others can test it if they want!
NRA Life Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”