New Plastic and first carry!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Whatthaduece
Posts in topic: 1

New Plastic and first carry!

Post by Whatthaduece »

I had my first grocery store visit with my concealed weapon. everything was cool nothing eventful but i had a dallas police officer checking out next to me which raised the awareness a little. made sure i was not showing and went on about my business. uneventful, but i felt like i was no longer a susceptible to being a victim! :thumbs2:
Last edited by Whatthaduece on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHL 2012

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: New Plastic and first carry!

Post by RPB »

Whatthaduece wrote:I had my first wally walk this week and went to the grocery store. everything was cool nothing eventful but i had a dallas police officer checking out next to me which raised the awareness a little. made sure i was not showing and went on about my business. uneventful, but i felt like i was no longer a susceptible to being a victim! :thumbs2:
My first trip legally armed was to a HEB grocery store (which sold wines) too, then to a Walgreens drug store.
Both had blue TABC signs saying people without a license couldn't have guns in there, so of course robbers would see those signs and leave their guns outside in the car, so I figured it would be a good place to go to warm up for WalMart. :thumbs2:
Last edited by RPB on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

MoJoeWrkn

Post by MoJoeWrkn »

RPB wrote:
Whatthaduece wrote:I had my first wally walk this week and went to the grocery store. everything was cool nothing eventful but i had a dallas police officer checking out next to me which raised the awareness a little. made sure i was not showing and went on about my business. uneventful, but i felt like i was no longer a susceptible to being a victim! :thumbs2:
My first trip legally armed was to a HEB grocery store (which sold wines) too, then to a Walgreens drug store.
Both had blue TABC signs saying people without a license couldn't have guns in there, so of course robbers would see those signs and leave their guns outside in the car, so I figured it would be a good place to go to warm up for WalMart. :thumbs2:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.” —Col. Jeff Cooper
http://www.mojogunleather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPB »

Before going to WalMart I stopped at my bank which had a sign "No Firearms Allowed" and I saw a Game Warden ignore the sign so I did too because it wasn't applicable to us :mrgreen:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Itnkrman

Post by Itnkrman »

I've had my plastic a little over a week now and have taken it everywhere with me. (Except in the post office of course.) I had my Taurus 640 Pro in a CBST holster tucked in nice and tight under a white button down shirt when I went out with the wife and in-laws for V-day dinner the other night. First time I went into a close proximity and crowded venue like that but as everyone's said on here before, "most people won't even notice, and if they do, most won't say anything". Consequently, I've adopted the attitude that concealed is concealed and as long as I make sure that part is taken care of then hopefully nobody will be the wiser. The last thing I want to do is have to use it but after much practice and wearing it constantly everywhere I go, including around the house, I think I'm prepared if the need arises.
Ruger SR9c
Taurus PT640 Pro
Bersa 380
Stevens 20ga.

Matt78665

Post by Matt78665 »

Congrats on your plastic!!!!!!!!! :patriot: :txflag:
"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
St. Augustine

Sunny45

Post by Sunny45 »

Congrats!

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

Whatthaduece wrote:...i felt like i was no longer a susceptible to being a victim! :thumbs2:
That is truly a great feeling, huh? That thought, or one similar, goes through my mind every time I strap on.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

yogihat

Post by yogihat »

Congrats! Funny how your situational awareness has risen huh?

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

johnson0317 wrote:
Whatthaduece wrote:...i felt like i was no longer a susceptible to being a victim! :thumbs2:
That is truly a great feeling, huh? That thought, or one similar, goes through my mind every time I strap on.

RJ
What's really strange is after you've been carrying for quite a while, like say at least 6 months or longer, how naked you feel without a gun on. Search this site, and you'll see stories about guys who carry every single day, and who find themselves in a situation where they might need their weapon..............only to discover that their holster is empty. They unintentionally left the house without their pistol. Or, they usually pocket a revolver, and they're playing the yard with their kids when a hostile stranger approaches. They check their pocket, only to find that they had left the gun in the house before coming out with the kids.

I lead worship every Monday night at my church's Celebrate Recovery meetings. It's gotten to be almost a joke between my wife and me as I'm leaving the house: "Do you have your phone? Guitar picks? Wallet? Glasses? Guitar stand? Etc., etc." She asks because over the course of years of doing this, I've occasionally forgotten to bring something necessary and I've had to phone her and ask her to please bring it to me. We don't live that far from our church but it's still a pain in her heinie to have to do it, so she always asks. One day, I got all the way to church and realized as I was getting out of the car that I had an empty holster. Sheepishly, I made the call. Now she adds "Gun?" to the list.

I love her.

I'm up for my first CH renewal this year, so I've been carrying daily long enough that it would be unthinkable to not have a gun on me. Whenever I've had to make trips back to California where I'm originally from, I actually feel a little anxious the whole time I'm there because I can't carry there. The first thing my wife and I will do when we drive back across the border into Arizona on the way home is to pull over ASAP and get strapped. Even my wife breathes a big sigh of relief as she gets her gun back on.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Check out DeepConceal.com they have some light canvas shoulder holsters
that are very good. A cowboy shirt with snaps instead of buttons one size larger than
you usually wear makes a good cover. Great concealment at a good price
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”