List of 30.06 postings in Texas?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RockingRook
Posts in topic: 7

List of 30.06 postings in Texas?

Post by RockingRook »

Is there a list of the places in Texas that are posted with the proper 30.06 sign?

Chuck :cheers2:
Born in Brooklyn, NY joined AF in '65 as a 2nd Lt. Went through Naval EOD School in 67. Spent
the next 8 years in and around South East Asia. I was stationed in Texas in '84. Retired from the AF in '85.
Remained in Texas, raised my 2 kids and here I stayed. I hope it Rains!!

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 1

Re: List of 30.06 postings in Texas?

Post by pbwalker »

http://texas3006.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ETA: That's not all of them, so if you see any, please update. Also, check this forum.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

McJingles

Post by McJingles »

Ah beat me to it

Topic author
RockingRook

Post by RockingRook »

Thanks!!

Born in Brooklyn, NY joined AF in '65 as a 2nd Lt. Went through Naval EOD School in 67. Spent
the next 8 years in and around South East Asia. I was stationed in Texas in '84. Retired from the AF in '85.

Topic author
RockingRook

Post by RockingRook »

Hi!! I registered and bookmarked the site. One problem!! I tried to search the site and kept getting
"no results match ..."

I then copied and posted a site that is already listed and entered it into the search fireld and got the same
"no results match...."

Is there something wrong or do I just have to look it up alphabetically?

Chuck

jdkinman

Post by jdkinman »

Chuck,

The site is a fantastic resource but it's not always real user-friendly.

We use it to check out various towns (in Texas) when we're traveling to see if there are any hotels or restaurants or entertainment venues, etc, that we need to avoid because they are afraid of law-abiding citizens (or they want to give criminals an advantage).

So, we just look at the town/city/suburb we're planning on visiting. When you search it that way, it will list everything that has been submitted.

Topic author
RockingRook

Post by RockingRook »

Thanks!! I will be traveling for a chess tournament in Houston in July. I will be staying at the
Marriott Hotel south at Hobby Airport.

I found the Marriott at the Houston Airport but it has a different address than the one I will be staying.

The one listed is at the JFK parkway [something like that] and the one I am staying at is on the Gulfway.

Anyhow, the one listed says it has a 30.06 sign posted at the employees entrance. It does not list
the hotel I will be staying. But if I go in through the front door and nothing is listed I assume there is no valid sign.

I will be there and if the Marriott where I am staying is posted I will post it in the 30.06 site. I see the Hilton Inn
at the Hobby Airport is posted but I have stayed there many times for tournaments and never have I
seen any signs.

I will carry unless I do see a valid sign at the front entrance, or posted visibly at the desk or anywhere else. If I
do not see any signs I do not figure I can be held responsible. I always have it well concealed so I should not attract
any attention.

Topic author
RockingRook

Post by RockingRook »

For instance if I put in Hilton and for the place Houston and the 30.06sign. I then search and it shows 0.

Do I have to put in the entire address including zip code? I would think that all the Hiltons in Houston that are posted should pop up.

Not so?

Chuck

Topic author
RockingRook

Post by RockingRook »

I just did the exact same thing and got 0.

I will try to get a screenshot if I can figure out how to do it.

Chuck

Topic author
RockingRook

Post by RockingRook »

I guess the threat of a screenshot did it. I just tried it again and it worked.

Believe me that I have done the exact same thing 5 or 6 times with 0 results. I have used
"search" feature on many different things so I am familiar with using a search feature.

Do not know why it came up zero many times and now it shows results.

Thanks for your help and for the instructions of a screen shot. If it happens again with anything else I
will take a screen shot and send it to you.

thanks again!!

Chuck

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”