30.06 sign at Ikea in Round Rock

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Re: 30.06 sign at Ikea in Round Rock

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Isn't Round Rock actually Kalifornia, Texas? What do you folks expect from that part of Texas? I am ready for a referendum to remove Austin as our state capital.

As for ikea.... Even the one in Frisco with the simple gun buster sign. They are telling us we are not welcomed there. The place stinks of cheap, over priced yuppie crap anyway. :tiphat: Go to Walmart and buy the same junk furniture for less.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

03Lightningrocks wrote:Isn't Round Rock actually Kalifornia, Texas? What do you folks expect from that part of Texas? I am ready for a referendum to remove Austin as our state capital.

As for ikea.... Even the one in Frisco with the simple gun buster sign. They are telling us we are not welcomed there. The place stinks of cheap, over priced yuppie crap anyway. :tiphat: Go to Walmart and buy the same junk furniture for less.
Right on! Plus at Wal-Mart, you can take it back within 90 days if you don't like it. There is another plus, Wal-Mart is where the really cool people go to shop. Check 'em out. You might get to see 03Lightningrocks. :mrgreen:

03Lightningrocks

I keep trying to make the people of Walmart web sight. I was aced out by a 300 pound midget woman wearing spandex. It was close though. I was wearing a pair of speedos and flip flops with an anti Obama t-shirt.

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jumping Frog »

It is a Swedish company. I wouldn't expect anything different!
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

03Lightningrocks

Jumping Frog wrote:It is a Swedish company. I wouldn't expect anything different!
But I thought Sweden had laws requiring everyone own a gun... Or something like that.

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

I don't know why it seems that the Round Rock store is the only one that is properly posted. If that's the case, pressure in the correct places may be able to get the decision to post reversed. If regional management gets wind that they are losing customers and their brand is being tarnished by the actions of the management of a single store, then the decision to post the store with 30.06 signs could be rescinded.

I have no problems with the brand itself. They have a good business model that works for them. A significant portion of our furniture was purchased from Ikea. They have similar return policies as those mentioned above regarding the Wal-Mart stores. I will not, however, patronize a business that posts 30.06. I will be writing a letter explaining why Ikea has lost my business, to the appropriate parties, as soon as I am able to track down contact information for those individuals.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Put about $2000 worth of furniture on a couple of carts. Get in the register line. When it's your turn at the register, ask to speak to the manager. Tell them that you would have bought all of that if they didn't have a sign that prevented you from protecting your family as is your duty and right. Tell them that you, and thousands others in their region, won't be patronizing them again. Walk out.

Not that the economic impact will be much, have you ever tried to part there on a Saturday? They finally built a multi-story garage to accommodate more customers.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

03Lightningrocks

OldCannon wrote:Put about $2000 worth of furniture on a couple of carts. Get in the register line. When it's your turn at the register, ask to speak to the manager. Tell them that you would have bought all of that if they didn't have a sign that prevented you from protecting your family as is your duty and right. Tell them that you, and thousands others in their region, won't be patronizing them again. Walk out.

Not that the economic impact will be much, have you ever tried to part there on a Saturday? They finally built a multi-story garage to accommodate more customers.

I like the way you think! :iagree:

03Lightningrocks

NcongruNt wrote:I don't know why it seems that the Round Rock store is the only one that is properly posted. If that's the case, pressure in the correct places may be able to get the decision to post reversed. If regional management gets wind that they are losing customers and their brand is being tarnished by the actions of the management of a single store, then the decision to post the store with 30.06 signs could be rescinded.

I have no problems with the brand itself. They have a good business model that works for them. A significant portion of our furniture was purchased from Ikea. They have similar return policies as those mentioned above regarding the Wal-Mart stores. I will not, however, patronize a business that posts 30.06. I will be writing a letter explaining why Ikea has lost my business, to the appropriate parties, as soon as I am able to track down contact information for those individuals.
My daughter likes their stores also. She has bought quite a few items at the Frisco location. She carries concealed. Her and I had a conversation at the door of the Frisco store a while back over the "gun busters sign"... it was decided that the sign did not apply to us and we went in. I won't go back based on the fact that the Round Rock store has full out said CHL's are not allowed. I have always posted on this forum that a gun busters sign did not necessarily in itself mean they wanted a law abiding holder of a CHL to disarm. In this case, I am going to believe the policy is meant to be anti gun. Otherwise the Round Rock Store would not have the official sign of the anti gun crowd hanging on the window. My daughter won't be going back either...BTW.

Katygunnut

Post by Katygunnut »

I think this is a win-win.

I win by not getting dragged into an Ikea store, since I will not give up my RKBA just to go shopping. If I was in the same situation as the OP, my wife could have given me all the looks she wanted, but she would be doing it as we walked back to the car and drove to a different store. I went through this with my spouse the first 2 or 3 times, but she got the message soon enough.

Ikea wins by losing business that they clearly don't want or need. I'm happy that they are doing so well financially. Maybe they will hire some more people who can then support businesses that are friendly to the 2nd Ammendment.

Everybody gets what they want, except possibly for the non-CHL spouse who really enjoys shopping there. However, there are plenty of good alternative furniture retailers, so that's not really a big loss.

3dfxMM

Post by 3dfxMM »

The spouse can also just do her shopping by herself. :)

atxtj

Post by atxtj »

I used to go there a lot, as I like the modern style they have and have quite a bit of their furniture. I carried right past their old gun buster signs, was highly annoyed by the tiny noncompliant 30.06 signs they replaced them with, and now refuse to shop there with the massive compliant signs they have now. I suppose I should write a letter as well.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

kjolly wrote:with their serpertine maze forcing you to walk the entire length of the store visiting all departments they may be afraid of frustrating some poor shopper into pulling a gun or in really desparate circumstances firing three shots as a signal of being lost and or distressed. I was only in the store once some years back and never had any plans to return.
I went to the Frisco store once after moving here, and I had to navigate the entire maze just to find a mens room........and I take a daily diuretic. I stopped and asked several employees, "Isn't there a shortcut? I REALLY gotta go!" Answer: "Just follow the signs to the restroom sir." The signs make you walk the entire length of the maze. I was not pleased. That is THE most preposterous store layout I've ever seen, and I've never been back since. Doesn't matter to me that they don't like guns. They also don't like people who gotta pee.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

CEOofEVIL

Post by CEOofEVIL »

@ NcongruNt:

Nice pic! I was out with my wife and MIL a bit ago, and MIL said "Hey, we're right next to IKEA, lets go!". Had to use the old "I left my phone in the car" excuse to put my gun up (MIL doesn't really know I carry). I also tried to take a sneaky photo of the sign, but mine came out as a close up of the sign. Yours shows just how massive that sign is - that's got to be some kind of record for a 30.06 sign, considering it takes up the entirety of the lower glass panel.

Regarding IKEA in general, I personally like the style of furniture they have, as well as the pricing. I don't like the sprawling maze of a store, nor the ridiculous amount of people though. TBH, It's not like we need to go buy furniture there all the time (how many $50 coffee tables can one possible need?), so I'd be more upset if it was a store I had to frequent more often. Don't get me wrong - seeing a 30.06 doesn't make me happy camper, but as many have said "vote with your wallet". As it is, I don't want to go back. But that flatpack outdoor furniture is calling my patios name :smilelol5: .

03Lightningrocks

CEOofEVIL wrote:@ NcongruNt:

Nice pic! I was out with my wife and MIL a bit ago, and MIL said "Hey, we're right next to IKEA, lets go!". Had to use the old "I left my phone in the car" excuse to put my gun up (MIL doesn't really know I carry). I also tried to take a sneaky photo of the sign, but mine came out as a close up of the sign. Yours shows just how massive that sign is - that's got to be some kind of record for a 30.06 sign, considering it takes up the entirety of the lower glass panel.

Regarding IKEA in general, I personally like the style of furniture they have, as well as the pricing. I don't like the sprawling maze of a store, nor the ridiculous amount of people though. TBH, It's not like we need to go buy furniture there all the time (how many $50 coffee tables can one possible need?), so I'd be more upset if it was a store I had to frequent more often. Don't get me wrong - seeing a 30.06 doesn't make me happy camper, but as many have said "vote with your wallet". As it is, I don't want to go back. But that flatpack outdoor furniture is calling my patios name :smilelol5: .

You are a traitor! Off with your head! :shock:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”