30.06 sign at Ikea in Round Rock

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

CEOofEVIL
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 30.06 sign at Ikea in Round Rock

Post by CEOofEVIL »

03Lightningrocks wrote: You are a traitor! Off with your head! :shock:
Argh! I must have been corrupted by the land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size! :mrgreen:

In all seriousness though, I don't want to shop/eat/whatever in a establishment that doesn't support 2A rights, because I don't want to be disarmed. I was being a bit sarcastic in my previous post. Kind of poking fun at the "common" issue of "wanting" something that goes against ones better judgement. FWIW, that was the first time I'd been in an IKEA store. It is interesting to ponder how many companies have a deeply rooted anti-gun policy, and I'm still curious why this IKEA location seems to be one of the few that is actually legally posted (based on what I've read in this thread). It certainly makes me wonder.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
kjolly wrote:with their serpertine maze forcing you to walk the entire length of the store visiting all departments they may be afraid of frustrating some poor shopper into pulling a gun or in really desparate circumstances firing three shots as a signal of being lost and or distressed. I was only in the store once some years back and never had any plans to return.
I went to the Frisco store once after moving here, and I had to navigate the entire maze just to find a mens room........and I take a daily diuretic. I stopped and asked several employees, "Isn't there a shortcut? I REALLY gotta go!" Answer: "Just follow the signs to the restroom sir." The signs make you walk the entire length of the maze. I was not pleased. That is THE most preposterous store layout I've ever seen, and I've never been back since. Doesn't matter to me that they don't like guns. They also don't like people who gotta pee.
:smilelol5: Probably 15 years ago I got dragged into the IKEA in Berkeley California by my sister. The store layout must have been designed by someone who took too much acid in the 60s. What a weird maze. Fortunately what she decided to buy wouldn't fit in my car so she had to come back the next day with her husband and truck. I have never been to an IKEA since that day. Even if they had a special "50% Off CHL Day", I will never set foot inside one again.
NRA Endowment Member

smoothoperator
Posts in topic: 1

Post by smoothoperator »

WildBill wrote:I have never been to an IKEA since that day. Even if they had a special "50% Off CHL Day", I will never set foot inside one again.
If you don't shop at IKEA, where do you get your reindeer meat fix at Christmas time?

Last edited by smoothoperator on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

smoothoperator wrote:
WildBill wrote:I have never been to an IKEA since that day. Even if they had a special "50% Off CHL Day", I will never set foot inside one again.
If you don't shop at IKEA, where do you get your reindeer meat for Christmas time?
I go to Norway every Christmas. Where do you get yours? :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

eureka40
Posts in topic: 1

Post by eureka40 »

WildBill wrote:
smoothoperator wrote:
If you don't shop at IKEA, where do you get your reindeer meat for Christmas time?
I go to Norway every Christmas. Where do you get yours? :mrgreen:
Duh, Norway is on my schedule every year too. Coincident?

:woohoo
TSRA Life Memeber

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”