Anyone qualified who decided not to?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Ipconfig
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone qualified who decided not to?

Post by Ipconfig »

I mainly got mine so I can carry when I bowhunt. Most of the times I am unarmed otherwise.

olafpfj
Posts in topic: 1

Post by olafpfj »

I don't carry very often but that is due to work. I work 8-16 hour days 6-7 days a week routinely and even if I could carry at work it would be very impractical. I usually carry on my rare days off but I don't usually gear up if I'm home by dinner and have to pop out for something at the store.

I do try to keep something in my glove compartment at all times though which is kind of like carrying.
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I carry anytime I leave the house. Even if I am going to a place that won't allow carry and has metal detectors, I disarm in the vehicle and go in. There have been maybe two or three times I forgot to strap my weapon on and I felt completely weird about it.

To the original question. I have heard a couple reasons for not carrying. My favorite is the folks who say they carry when going into a situation that might be dangerous. To this I always inquire as to why on earth I would want to intentionally go into a dangerous environment, armed or not. I will never get over how anyone thinks they can predict when some nut is going to start randomly blasting folks in public. Lately, it has been easier to get people to realize that self defense may be required in any location... Even theaters, schools and malls!

The second excuse I hear from my beloved offspring is that they know I am armed so they don't have to... :banghead: . This one makes me nuts!!!

Oh... Here is a good one. My brother was visiting from Ohio. He has no CHL and is retired military. 25 + years doing everything from sniper type stuff to recruiting. He saw me stick my holster in my pants and says to me... Oh good, your armed. If something happens and you lock up, just toss me your weapon and I will take care of it. :smilelol5:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Was he saying, if you aren't up to performing when the chips are down, he would be willing/able to help?

If so, it would seem he meant well...

Or, am I overlooking something?

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Abraham wrote:Was he saying, if you aren't up to performing when the chips are down, he would be willing/able to help?

If so, it would seem he meant well...

Or, am I overlooking something?
He was teasing me, like brothers do at times. :mrgreen:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”