Would like to begin visiting again, and offer my apology

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Show Killer
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Would like to begin visiting again, and offer my apology

Post by Show Killer »

Russell wrote:Hey guys,

I would like to offer my apology for the way I acted those months ago, I blew up for a silly reason and it was definitely not a very nice way to act towards anybody, and I'm sorry it happened.
I must have missed that thread/post. No hard feelings on my part since i don't know what happened. The web site sounds like a good idea.

Phil

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

I don't have any problems with your return but I might lay off the 30.06 website for a while.

First, if I'm not mistaken, there were efforts to establish something similar after your departure. You might be stepping on toes.

Second, folks may not be too anxious to contribute info the second time.

I would suggest just posting and re-establishing yourself before bringing up the 30.06 site again.

I'm sure others will feel differently.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Mike1951 wrote:I don't have any problems with your return but I might lay off the 30.06 website for a while.

First, if I'm not mistaken, there were efforts to establish something similar after your departure. You might be stepping on toes.

Second, folks may not be too anxious to contribute info the second time.

I would suggest just posting and re-establishing yourself before bringing up the 30.06 site again.

I'm sure others will feel differently.
I do accept your apology and do not have a problem with your return.

However, I do agree with Mike about the 3006 site. I for one contributed to the first site and was shocked at the way you handled the situation. Kind of reminded me of my grandkids, take my toys and go home style.

So with that in mind, if I were you, I would post for a while and test the waters at a later date.

Jost my .02
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

First moderator to respond Russell. I definately speak for me but do not attempt to do that for others.
Apology accepted. You had some good input.
I will start you off again at 100%.
You will need to ask Charles about the site.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

propellerhead
Posts in topic: 7

Post by propellerhead »

I never saw what happened. I have no ill feelings to get over. I'd like to see the 30.06 database up and running.

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

Welcome Russell......it is great to see you posting again. Have a great day and best of luck with your website! :thumbsup:

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

pbandjelly

Post by pbandjelly »

Russ: I understand where you were coming from when you left, and why you left. I think that a cooling off period is sometimes needed, in all forms of relationships.

btw, you missed out on $250 1911's!!!

kauboy

Post by kauboy »

I welcome you back with open arms brother. :grin:
I felt sucker-punched when you left and the new and exciting possibility of a 30.06 site went with you.
I don't think you will be stepping on any toes by starting up the site again. After all, it was your brainchild in the first place. You grabbed the domain, you built the site, and you personally dealt with every submission. In my book, that makes it all yours to do with as you please, even if that means taking it down for personal reasons.

And now that you're a database wizard (you are, aren't you :razz:), I can't wait to see the "New and Improved" version.
"People should not be afraid of their Governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

propellerhead
Posts in topic: 7

Post by propellerhead »

Consider making it a little generic. I wouldn't be surprised if other states would like to join in and make their submissions. Did you ever read about http://www.speedtrap.org? It started out as one guy's online database of speed traps in his local area. It has then become an international registry for known speed traps... well beyond the creators dream.

hi-power
Posts in topic: 3

Post by hi-power »

Welcome back Russell. Forgiven and forgotten. You won't hear any more from me about it.

I think if you don't hear from anyone in this post about their current attempt at another 30.06 site today or tomorrow, you should crank yours back up. You've already searched and the last time there was any activity was back in January. It should have been up and going by now.

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 2

Post by txinvestigator »

propellerhead wrote:Consider making it a little generic. I wouldn't be surprised if other states would like to join in and make their submissions. Did you ever read about http://www.speedtrap.org? It started out as one guy's online database of speed traps in his local area. It has then become an international registry for known speed traps... well beyond the creators dream.
WHat is a speed trap, how do the police lure people in to commit the crime?
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 9

Post by NcongruNt »

txinvestigator wrote: WHat is a speed trap, how do the police lure people in to commit the crime?
My best friend's grandfather got a ticket in something that is probably a little more than a speed trap, but fits the bill. I believe it was in Arizona out in the middle of nowhere, and he was pulled over for speeding. The sheriff cited him with a speed limit change that he did not observe. The grandfather saw no such speed limit change, and had the sheriff take him back to show him the sign. When they got there, the officer took his jacket sleeve and wiped off a thick layer of mud from the sign. Naturally, the grandfather took this to court, but got no sympathy from the judge and was ordered to pay the fine.

As it turns out, the judge and sheriff had an arrangement of sorts, and the entire thing was a setup that had been going on for a long time to generate ticket revenue. Once it came out what was happening, the judge and sheriff were deposed from their positions and those ticketed were exonerated.

I wish I knew more specifics, but the grandfather has since passed on, and this predated the popular use of the internet, so I can't find any of the details online.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”