Is the Cythia Woods Pavillion in Houston Posted?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
John R. Fuller
Posts in topic: 1

Post by John R. Fuller »

I want to take my beautiful and deserving wife :grin: to a concert on Friday evening in the Woodlands. It will be held at the Cynthia Woods Pavillion. I am wondering two things here;

1. Is this facility publically owned by a govermental entity?

Answer: The facility is privately owned.

2. If the facility is a private establishment, is it posted 30:06?

Answer: The facility chooses not to allow weapons that include;

"Weapons are not permitted for obvious safety reasons. This policy includes pocketknives and small chains. You may not consider these items threatening, but they can cause harm. While it is legal, with a permit, to carry a concealed handgun in Texas, we do not allow guns in our facility. We are allowed to enforce this since we are privately owned."

It is uclear whether it is posted or not, but I guess this serves me affective notice that I may not enter with my firearm.

Since the place is privately owned and I do not have to go there, the owners may make such rules as they please. It doesn't make me feel better about the situation, but if I must I will disarm for my wife's night out at least for a couple of hours.

even though this is a Christian pop music event, I am still aware of the evil :twisted: that lurks in parking lots and on the way from and to them due to the transportation between the building and the parking lot. Thank You
John R. Fuller
I am not the first or the last...

DaveApple

Smart thing to do

Post by DaveApple »

It would probably be a smart thing to do not take anything near it. If I remember right they were searching with metal detector wands before a christian concert I went to once. I guess it's just a safety policy because they serve a lot of alcohol to rowdy crowds at most of their other concerts. I even had them find a camera on me once (can't remember how they found out). You should be fine leaving your weapon in your car though, they seem to have a lot of mounted police roaming the area.

Zero_G

Post by Zero_G »

I've only been up there once, and there was no 30.06 sign in sight. I believe they had generic signs up with all their 'no' rules. They did search any bags and backpacks on the way in to the seating area.

Keith

OverEasy

Post by OverEasy »

Last time I went they were not 30.06 posted. They had a big sign listing all forbidden items.

I had to empty my pockets at the gate. I had a small knife on my key chain (1.5" blade). They told me I could check it at security and pick it up again on the way out. The line to "check things" at security was a mile long!! I took the knife off the key chain and dropped it in the trash can right in front of them and they let me in.

Nobody "ASKED" me if I was armed, I walked in with my P11 and a spare mag in my SmartCarry.

It was hot, sweaty and buggy and the sound was bad. And we had the high dollar seats down near the stage.

All things considered I won't go back again.

Regards, OE
NRA
TSRA
JPFO
American Legion
USN (69-77)
What did you expect?

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”