CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
gigag04
Posts in topic: 1

$25 Change of Address!?

Post by gigag04 »

Seriously Texas?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

crice8

Re: $25 Change of Address!?

Post by crice8 »

Yeah I had to change mine a couple of months ago. Drivers License = $11. CHL = $28

TXRuger

Post by TXRuger »

I changed my address in 10/2010 and I was charged $11 for the DL & $27 for the CHL.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

It's all about the money. Why else are Texas' CHL fees so much higher than some others, eh?

ChoqPOC

Post by ChoqPOC »

I know this is a CHL forum and post, but fees are fees... Have you seen the fee for a personalized license plate here, compared to other states. I am originally from California and I paid only a few dollars above my registration price. Here, $155 (+ registration)... Gaaaaah!!

I hope that I never move, because I do not want to pay $27 to change my address.
"Be so good, They can't ignore you"
CHL: May 2013 | NRA Member

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

ChoqPOC wrote:I know this is a CHL forum and post, but fees are fees... Have you seen the fee for a personalized license plate here, compared to other states. I am originally from California and I paid only a few dollars above my registration price. Here, $155 (+ registration)... Gaaaaah!!

I hope that I never move, because I do not want to pay $27 to change my address.
Yes but aren't your registration fees close to 400.00 dollars a year in California?
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

MasterOfNone

Post by MasterOfNone »

ChoqPOC wrote:I know this is a CHL forum and post, but fees are fees... Have you seen the fee for a personalized license plate here, compared to other states. I am originally from California and I paid only a few dollars above my registration price. Here, $155 (+ registration)... Gaaaaah!!

The license plates are what I like to think of as a voluntary tax. Those who choose to pay it put money into the pot so the state doesn't have to take as much by force.
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

Dori

Post by Dori »

Oldgringo wrote:It's all about the money. Why else are Texas' CHL fees so much higher than some others, eh?
The only reason it costs more than a drivers license address change is anti gun prejudice.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”