Gas stations on Texas3006.com

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

GrillKing
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Gas stations on Texas3006.com

Post by GrillKing »

jmra wrote: You can disagree but your thought process is in direct conflict with logic. By listing every place that is not posted the site becomes much more cumbersome and thus much less user friendly and thus much less utilized than it would be by simply listing places that are posted.
It would be about as logical as listing non-sex offenders on a website designed to help people identify sex offenders.
Still disagree.

Re: cumbersome, not really, that's what search functions ajre for. Let the computer do the work.

Re: sex offenders, it is different. The list of offenders is assumed to be complete. There is no value in listing non offenders. The list of off limits location for concealed carry is no where close to complete. Listing non posted locations could be useful. Agree not for every gas station, you can go across the street to another. But for popular restaurants, entertainment venues, etc, it has value. The usage of the off limits list is different from the offender list. You have to consider the completness of the data and how it is used.

I guess it depends on how each of us intend (or would like to) use the tool

GrillKing

Post by GrillKing »

RogueUSMC wrote:The 'Unlicensed Possession' sign does not mean it is ok to carry there
Agree. But if you knew that was the only sign, it isn't "OK" by virtue of the sign, but it isn't prohibited as the only sign doesn't invoke a prohibition.

jmra
Posts in topic: 6

Post by jmra »

GrillKing wrote:
jmra wrote: You can disagree but your thought process is in direct conflict with logic. By listing every place that is not posted the site becomes much more cumbersome and thus much less user friendly and thus much less utilized than it would be by simply listing places that are posted.
It would be about as logical as listing non-sex offenders on a website designed to help people identify sex offenders.
Still disagree.

Re: cumbersome, not really, that's what search functions ajre for. Let the computer do the work.

Re: sex offenders, it is different. The list of offenders is assumed to be complete. There is no value in listing non offenders. The list of off limits location for concealed carry is no where close to complete. Listing non posted locations could be useful. Agree not for every gas station, you can go across the street to another. But for popular restaurants, entertainment venues, etc, it has value. The usage of the off limits list is different from the offender list. You have to consider the completness of the data and how it is used.

Just took at look at the website. Thankfully it appears they have not adapted your thought process. For the sake of the sites future, hopefully they never will.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

If you want to see what happens when someone tries to maintain a database of places that are and are not posted, download GunFreeZone to your android or ios device.

Be prepared for disappointment. :tiphat:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RogueUSMC »

GrillKing wrote:
RogueUSMC wrote:The 'Unlicensed Possession' sign does not mean it is ok to carry there
Agree. But if you knew that was the only sign, it isn't "OK" by virtue of the sign, but it isn't prohibited as the only sign doesn't invoke a prohibition.
Something that is irrelevant to our CHL can neither grant nor deny permission...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RogueUSMC »

And all SIGNS can do in the state of Texas is DENY your CHL...there is not a sign one in Texas that can grant permission...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

GrillKing wrote:
Still disagree.

Isn't going to happen. As stated, it is too cumbersome to maintain. We moderators have to approve EVERY entry that is submitted, so would be too much to weed through for us.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

GrillKing

Post by GrillKing »

Keith B wrote:
GrillKing wrote:
Still disagree.

Isn't going to happen. As stated, it is too cumbersome to maintain. We moderators have to approve EVERY entry that is submitted, so would be too much to weed through for us.
The website under discussion isn't this one. It is texas3006.com. No moderator involvement from here would be required. I guess we disagree. I'll quit beating a dead horse..... Out!

GrillKing

Post by GrillKing »

RogueUSMC wrote:
GrillKing wrote:
Something that is irrelevant to our CHL can neither grant nor deny permission...
I didn't say it did. I said if you knew that the unlicensed sign was the only sign, you could carry as you would know there was no other sign prohibiting carry. If there is no entry in the database, you have no clue as to whether cc is prohibited. Again, we disagree. I'll leave it at that.....

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

GrillKing wrote:
Keith B wrote:
GrillKing wrote:
Still disagree.

The website under discussion isn't this one. It is texas3006.com. No moderator involvement from here would be required. I guess we disagree. I'll quit beating a dead horse..... Out!
Wrong. Some of us Moderators here also moderate Texas3006.com.

GrillKing

Post by GrillKing »

Didn't know that. Anyway, this thread is getting a little short for me (testy). I disagree that it wouldn't be useful to have the additional info but the site owners and moderators (those doing the work) can make the call on what is included on their site!

jmra
Posts in topic: 6

Post by jmra »

GrillKing wrote:Didn't know that. Anyway, this thread is getting a little short for me (testy). I disagree that it wouldn't be useful to have the additional info but the site owners and moderators (those doing the work) can make the call on what is included on their site!
Given the fact that you can't select the "unlicensed carry" sign when listing a location, I believe they have already made the call - the right call. :tiphat:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

poppo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by poppo »

GrillKing wrote: I didn't say it did. I said if you knew that the unlicensed sign was the only sign, you could carry as you would know there was no other sign prohibiting carry. If there is no entry in the database, you have no clue as to whether cc is prohibited. Again, we disagree. I'll leave it at that.....
I've read this thread and unless I'm missing something, I don't get what you are trying to say.

First of all, all CHL holders "should" know what a valid 30,06 sign is. Anything else is irrelevant. The site is to only post where valid 30.06 signs are. So if there is no entry in the database, one can assume that CC is not prohibited. But should you find a VALID sign, then you can add it to the database. As others have stated, posting a about a sign that means nothing to CHL holders still leave them "clueless" as to whether or not a proper sign has just gone up.
USMC Retired - DAV Life Member - VFW Life Member - NRA Life Member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

And there is already a website for blue (Unlicensed carry) or red (51%) signs. You can check any establishment here http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/PublicInquiry/Status.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The business must comply with the Sign = Blue or Red requirement on the license.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”