Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Re: am i eligible?

Post by RoyGBiv »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:23 am
RoyGBiv wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:05 am
03Lightningrocks wrote:
About the Florida option. Even if you got a Florida LTC, It won't allow you to carry in Texas if you are ineligible for a Texas LTC.
If you can point me to the right place in the Texas penal code where it says that, I would appreciate it.
So can you do this? Will Florida give you a LTC if Texas says you are ineligible? If they will, this could be a possible "work around" for folks in the OP's predicament. It has been awhile since getting the Utah permit and I was thinking they would only issue non-resident if you had the resident in a reciprocal state. I would like to know if you can enlighten a brother.
Yes. There are some offenses that are disqualifying in Texas that are not disqualifying in Florida.
I don't recall which are relevant, however.
It may be that deferred adjudication is not a conviction for FL CWP.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 14

Re: am i eligible?

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:32 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:23 am
RoyGBiv wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:05 am
03Lightningrocks wrote:
About the Florida option. Even if you got a Florida LTC, It won't allow you to carry in Texas if you are ineligible for a Texas LTC.
If you can point me to the right place in the Texas penal code where it says that, I would appreciate it.
So can you do this? Will Florida give you a LTC if Texas says you are ineligible? If they will, this could be a possible "work around" for folks in the OP's predicament. It has been awhile since getting the Utah permit and I was thinking they would only issue non-resident if you had the resident in a reciprocal state. I would like to know if you can enlighten a brother.
Yes. There are some offenses that are disqualifying in Texas that are not disqualifying in Florida.
I don't recall which are relevant, however.
It may be that deferred adjudication is not a conviction for FL CWP.
I was trying to look up dis-qualifiers for Florida and if I remember right, their deferred waiting period was less than the Texas. It was either 3 or 5 years. So maybe it is another option.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”