What is your concealed weapon?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

maximus2161
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What is your concealed weapon?

Post by maximus2161 »

I carry a G26 in a Comp-Tac Infidel a lot. Also carry a S&W Model 60 I picked up from a member here. Also a Ruger LCR 357. I do have a Dan Wesson Valor 1911 but that doesnt get carried often. But for everyday EDC its my G26 or LCR

dryfly

Post by dryfly »

Rotation varies depending on what I'm wearing and time of the year.

1. Glock 32
2. S&W VTAC .40
3. S&W M&Pc .357 sig
4. Steyr M357A1

silverbear

Post by silverbear »

Glock 19 or S&W 642.
I support the right to arm bears.

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

Main:
3 inch Colt .45acp, + 2 mags
4 inch CBob .45acp, + 2 mags
5 inch Kimber .45acp, + 2 mags

BUG:
Colt Government 380acp
Colt Mustang 380acp
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Armybrat

Post by Armybrat »

Warm weather - Ruger LCP riding in a Desantis Nemesis in my front pocket.

Cold weather - Kahr CW45 in a Remora in my jacket or coat pocket.

Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

I am very much used to my duty Glock 22 Gen2 in my Don Hum leather outside belt holster, or my XDM .40 4.5in equivilant.

Getting a S&W Shield 9mm to phase out the 21 year old glock, but maybe it'll just end up a secondary. I've never ventured smaller than full size.
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

Glock 19 in a PHLster Skeleton AIWB holster at 1 o'clock. Matching IWB mag holder at 11 o'clock to even things out.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 4

Post by MeMelYup »

Charlies.Contingency wrote:I am very much used to my duty Glock 22 Gen2 in my Don Hum leather outside belt holster, or my XDM .40 4.5in equivilant.

Getting a S&W Shield 9mm to phase out the 21 year old glock, but maybe it'll just end up a secondary. I've never ventured smaller than full size.
Install a new barrel and it will be like new, if that's the problem. Most of my guns are over 20 years old and they just shoot better and better. I haven't worn any of them out yet. I have a 22 that was my dad's when he was young (about 1927). As a kid I and my brother shot thousands of rounds through it along with what my dad shot during his lifetime, and it will still put a 10 shot group in a 10 inch paper plate at a hundred yards.
Just face it, you want a new firearm to play with and you don't have a 9 mil.

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

MeMelYup wrote:
Charlies.Contingency wrote:I am very much used to my duty Glock 22 Gen2 in my Don Hum leather outside belt holster, or my XDM .40 4.5in equivilant.

Install a new barrel and it will be like new, if that's the problem. Most of my guns are over 20 years old and they just shoot better and better. I haven't worn any of them out yet. I have a 22 that was my dad's when he was young (about 1927). As a kid I and my brother shot thousands of rounds through it along with what my dad shot during his lifetime, and it will still put a 10 shot group in a 10 inch paper plate at a hundred yards.
I would like to put the G22 up from my daily carry. It has a lot of sentimental value to me, and I would like something more easily concealable for summer time.

And I don't particularly care for a 9mm, the only reason I picked it over the .40 is because of the extra bullet, and because in such a light handgun, it's not the best idea to go with a larger bullet if you want accuracy, I like controllability. I'm just so used to what I shoot, I don't venture far from that feel on something I carry. I know. I know I can point and shoot with any of my guns, but these guns are pretty good, and it's about time I get in with the rest of the crowd.
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 4

Post by MeMelYup »

Charlies.Contingency wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:

I would like to put the G22 up from my daily carry. It has a lot of sentimental value to me, and I would like something more easily concealable for summer time.

And I don't particularly care for a 9mm, the only reason I picked it over the .40 is because of the extra bullet, and because in such a light handgun, it's not the best idea to go with a larger bullet if you want accuracy, I like controllability. I'm just so used to what I shoot, I don't venture far from that feel on something I carry. I know. I know I can point and shoot with any of my guns, but these guns are pretty good, and it's about time I get in with the rest of the crowd.
I have a Glock 22 and a 27. I carry the 27 with a spare 15 round magazine. I have shot both a lot. The 22 is easier to shoot and much easier to introduce a new person to. The 27 is a little snappier, but no harder to shoot accuratelywith practice.

zigzag

Post by zigzag »

I have a new pistol, Sig P6 . Its a little big compared to my Russian Makarov but 9 mm with Gold dot 124 gr JHP plus P is more comforting to the senses in case worst case scenario sets in.

SRH78

Post by SRH78 »

Full size M&P in 357 Sig

Scott

Post by Scott »

Mostly a Glock 23 with the occasional carry of the 27.

Lloyd-TX

Post by Lloyd-TX »

Ruger LC9s, pocket carry.
Regards,
Lloyd C

"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"

barres

Post by barres »

Most of the time, a pocket knife. I work on the premises of a school. Charles, please do all you can to get Campus Carry for faculty and staff, at least! On my days off, I usually pack a Glock 17 or an S&W M&P Shield 9mm or both.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”