Blatant Printing: would you say something?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Motohunter
Posts in topic: 3

Blatant Printing: would you say something?

Post by Motohunter »

I see this guy two or three times a week at a Starbucks near downtown Houston. He generally is wearing light colored polo shirts that are too tight to conceal under. Plus, it is clear from the graphic outline that he is carrying a fill sized pistol, OWB...there is nothing to be left to the imagination. I can clearly see the outline of a pistol and a kydex holster. Plus he fidgets with it all the time. Clearly doesn't have a good gun belt because the whole setup droops considerably. Would you say something to him and "help him out", or just keep your distance...There are cops in the Starbucks from time to time, and I am waiting for a day when one gets in line behind him... :???:

Gillster
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Blatant Printing: would you say something?

Post by Gillster »

Maybe this was the same guy I saw in a San Antonio Walmart last month. Carrying a Glock in an OWB holster covered by a skin tight Under Armor style shirt with some "Tactical" company's ad on the back. Apparently he attracted enough attention that the SAPD officer by the door put down his phone and went to speak with him. Don't know what was said but they were still talking when we were about 5 isles away. What part of concealed is so hard to understand?

Munk

Post by Munk »

Welcome to the forum! ;-)
III%

TomV

Post by TomV »

This is one time I'm just going to mind my own business.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Motohunter wrote:I see this guy two or three times a week at a Starbucks near downtown Houston. He generally is wearing light colored polo shirts that are too tight to conceal under. Plus, it is clear from the graphic outline that he is carrying a fill sized pistol, OWB...there is nothing to be left to the imagination. I can clearly see the outline of a pistol and a kydex holster. Plus he fidgets with it all the time. Clearly doesn't have a good gun belt because the whole setup droops considerably. Would you say something to him and "help him out", or just keep your distance...There are cops in the Starbucks from time to time, and I am waiting for a day when one gets in line behind him... :???:

Whats more important to think about, is the fact there is one starbucks every two blocks in downtown Houston. At our old office we had one on the ground floor, one two blocks over and one right next to us in the hotel. Crazy.

To the topic, no don't do anything. Its not your business. He could be a cop which is fine, or just an idiot, which is not.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I'd strike up a conversation with him.....

"hey guy, I see you're a regular in here... I'm here 3 days a week myself.... I thought you might want to know that your gun is clearly showing through your shirt. If you'd like a few tips on how to avoid that, I might be able to help."
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

TresHuevos
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TresHuevos »

Meh, who cares? Is it illegal? No. I don't carry a gun to conceal it, I conceal it as a matter of law, tactics and just general convenience because I wouldn't want to put up with people's comments and questions.
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

Dadtodabone
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dadtodabone »

Not my place to address or correct what I see as inadequate cover for a handgun someone else is carrying.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Dadtodabone wrote:Not my place to address or correct what I see as inadequate cover for a handgun someone else is carrying.
People carrying "concealed" like that make us all look bad, IMO.

YMMV, of course.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

Point him out to someone that is into MDA.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

SWAT him. :biggrinjester:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

I'd make no more comment about someone else's concealed pistol in public than I would about their wife's appearance. I'd recommend staying in your lane.

He may be carrying under different credentials...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

gigag04 wrote:I'd make no more comment about someone else's concealed pistol in public than I would about their wife's appearance. I'd recommend staying in your lane.

He may be carrying under different credentials...
...as in, no CHL? :shock:

mojo84
Posts in topic: 12

Post by mojo84 »

I'd mind my own business. I'm not much for trying to police or advise others as I don't appreciate them doing it to me.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

mojo84 wrote:I'd mind my own business. I'm not much for trying to police or advise others as I don't appreciate them doing it to me.
...and then, there's that.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”