Ham-Com Plano posted?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
oohrah
Posts in topic: 4

Ham-Com Plano posted?

Post by oohrah »

Anybody know if Ham-Com this weekend at Plano Convention Ctr will be posted 30.06?

N3FKV
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ham-Com Plano posted?

Post by Vol Texan »

oohrah wrote:Anybody know if Ham-Com this weekend at Plano Convention Ctr will be posted 30.06?

N3FKV
According to the county property tax records, this is government owned property. If posted, the 30.06 should be unenforcable.

http://www.collincad.org/propertysearch ... &year=2015

But then again, I'm not sure Ham Com is at the Plano Convention Center. This brochureindicates it might be at the Irving Convention Center (if I've found the right source for you, that is).

But still no problem. Tax records show this is also a government building:

http://www.dallascad.org/AcctDetailCom. ... 00A0010000
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cb1000rider »

Vol Texan wrote: According to the county property tax records, this is government owned property. If posted, the 30.06 should be unenforcable.
Edit:
According to the county property tax records, this is government owned property. If posted, the 30.06 should be un prosecutable.
Last edited by cb1000rider on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

cb1000rider wrote:
Vol Texan wrote: According to the county property tax records, this is government owned property. If posted, the 30.06 should be unenforcable.
Edit:
According to the county property tax records, this is government owned property. If posted, the 30.06 should be prosecutable.
Not until September.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

oohrah wrote:Anybody know if Ham-Com this weekend at Plano Convention Ctr will be posted 30.06?

N3FKV
Ham-Com moved to Irving this year. I've never been and planned to go this year, but I have a schedule conflict.

Chas.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

TVGuy wrote: Not until September.

Sorry, I meant UN-prosecutable. I think in September, we can get it taken down...

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

cb1000rider wrote:
TVGuy wrote: Not until September.

Sorry, I meant UN-prosecutable. I think in September, we can get it taken down...
Definitely!

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

It never has been posted before.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jimlongley »

Keith B wrote:It never has been posted before.
When I went a couple of years ago, to sell stuff in the outdoor flea market, there was something in the FAQ about not carrying weapons, but it hasn't been there in any of the recent years, and in Irving the flea market is all indoors.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Topic author
oohrah
Posts in topic: 4

Post by oohrah »

my bad - I meant Irving, and thanks for the comments.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

doncom

Post by doncom »

I just spoke to a hamcom official who told me that it will NOT be posted 30.06.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

doncom wrote:I just spoke to a hamcom official who told me that it will NOT be posted 30.06.
I'm not surprised. A lot of hams are gun guys, as are most pilots.

Chas.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Ham-Com is not in Arlington anymore? :lol: That used to be W5YI's home base and that and Dayton were our biggest ham conventions. Ahhhh, I miss the good old days. :cryin
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

joe817 wrote:Ham-Com is not in Arlington anymore? :lol: That used to be W5YI's home base and that and Dayton were our biggest ham conventions. Ahhhh, I miss the good old days. :cryin
It has actually been in Plano the past several years. Just moved to Irving this year.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

n5wd
Posts in topic: 3

Post by n5wd »

First off, yes, Ham-Com has moved to the Irving Convention Center -most likely permanently (they've got the next three years's dates already firmed up and announced on the Ham-Com website.

Of great import to this group, not a 30.06 sign in sight! It is NOT posted! There is a "Unlicensed possession of a weapon..." TABC alcohol sales on property sign, judt like you see at most convenience stores, but nothing else.

Quite a few folks there, today -Fridays are usually pretty slow. All of the presentations are usually on Saturdays, and many of the smaller vendors and indoor flea market types (all of the flea market is indoors here in Irving) don't show up till Saturday morning. That was the story today -quite a few flea market tables were empty. A few more vendors than I remember from recent years at Plano, I think. Should be a good crowd tomorrow.

Finally, kudos to the City of Irving for their Convention Center. It's a bright, well-kept site, very un-cluttered (as opposed to the hallways at Plano), and there is a LOT of walking space between the aisles (again, as opposed to Plano's crowded main hall).

If you've been to Ham-Com at Plano, or Arlington, or if you started going when it was held at Northpark... I think you'll like the new venue. I know I do!

And Charles, sorry you're not going to make it. Maybe next year.

73 DE N5WD
Last edited by n5wd on Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”