Notify a business owner of unenforceable signs?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Do you think notifying business owner is best?

Yes
4%
No
91%
No opinion
4%

Total votes: 93

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Notify a business owner of unenforceable signs?

Post by mojo84 »

Do you believe one should bring unenforceable non-compliant signs to the attention of the private business owner to clarify their actual intent for having a non-compliant sign posted? Please share why or why not in the thread.

Hopefully, we can keep from arguing in this one since there is already multiple threads arguing over what is right and wrong. Please just state your reasoning for your position.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Notify a business owner of unenforceable signs?

Post by Taypo »

Nope. None of my business why they did what they did and I'm not about to limit my own ability to defend myself.

txglock21
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txglock21 »

Taypo wrote:Nope. None of my business why they did what they did and I'm not about to limit my own ability to defend myself.
:iagree: This.^
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Kiddkop
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Kiddkop »

Yes, it is the RIGHT thing to do!

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

mojo84,

Thanks for this poll.

If a business has a gun buster sign, (read unenforceable) I love it.

I will legally walk past it and do whatever business I came there to do.

Gun busters signs don't apply to me nor do they even in the slightest cause me to emote any negativity regarding their presence.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

My opinion - in THIS thread - is that mono84's poll is a brilliant retort, and makes my point in other threads.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

Not no, but heck no.

If they're just trying to placate some hoplophobe, OK I'll play along.

If they're too stupid or lazy to do the research, I'm certainly not doing it for them.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:My opinion - in THIS thread - is that mono84's poll is a brilliant retort, and makes my point in other threads.
I love the polls lately. Between this and the Whataburger poll, it's reassuring to know where we, as a group, stand.

Downside: These results have probably been screenshotted and forwarded to the mailing lists of MDA, Bloomberg and whoever else is griping about us walking past signs.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Taypo,
I see what you are saying. However, I don't think this poll will give them much more ammunition than what they already have. It just indicates our opinion about whether or not we have an obligation to verify a business owner's intent. If a business owner has special rules, they should use the properly legal means to notify their customers of their intent. The law spells out those means of notification.

Just as we are expected to follow the law, business owners, which I am one, should also.
Last edited by mojo84 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RJGold

Post by RJGold »

:iagree: with what Abraham and pawpaw said...
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

mojo84 wrote:Taypo,
I see what you are saying. However, I don't think his poll will give them much more ammunition than what they already have. It just indicates our opinion about whther or not we have an obligation to verify a business owner's intent. If a business owner has special rules, they should use the properly legal means to notify their customers of their intent. The law spells out those means of notification.

Just as we are expected to follow the law, business owners, which I am one, should also.
No disagreement from me at all. Not losing a wink of sleep over the grabber's opinion. It doesn't matter what we do - they'll lie, cheat and steal to make their point.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

RJGold wrote::iagree: with what Abraham and pawpaw said...
:iagree: +2. I can't add any more than what's already been said.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

SA_Steve

Post by SA_Steve »

The bigger issue is "do you liked to play lawyer" on everything you notice in your life?
You may have the last word.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

We've had 80 views of this poll and topic with only 22 votes. Please consider voting as I think it will be good to see what the forum in general thinks on this.

Also, in case you are concerned, the votes are private. I and the other members cannot see them unless I just don't know where to look. I assume the mods and Charles are the only ones that can see how anyone voted.

rtschl
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rtschl »

RJGold wrote::iagree: with what Abraham and pawpaw said...
:iagree: too.

There are businesses that post that I don't have an alternative to. Not notifying a business affects no one. By notifying a business, you have now put me and my family at risk if they decide to post a compliant sign. I wish I could live in the fairy tale world that only interacts with businesses that supports 2A/CHL. But that world does not exist. It will never exist.
Ron
NRA Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”