Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
oljames3
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3414
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Elgin, Texas
Contact:

Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

#1

Post by oljames3 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:19 am

Daily Kos: Gunsmoked or would you like to play a game? A realistic preview of open carry in Texas.
https://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/12/14 ... y-in-Texas

Mark your calendars. Dec 14, 2015 12:34pm CST by Patience John

"So to wrap it all up, here is my Gunsmoked pool:

First Time an Open Citizen is deholstered as prank or criminal act:

0-1 days : 1 in 2

1-3 days : 3 in 4

1 Week: 9 in 10

First Time an Open Citizen is deholstered and robbed:

0-1 days : 1 in 10

1-3 days : 2 in 7

1 Week: 1 in 3

First Time an Open Citizen is deholstered and killed:

0-1 days : 1 in 25

1-3 days : 1 in 20

1 Week: 1 in 10

First Time an Open Citizen is deholstered and used in another crime:

0-1 days : 1 in 2

1-3 days : 4 in 5

1 Week: 10 in 11

Mark my words, open carry in Texas is supposedly nice thing we will never do again because idiots do not allow for nice things."
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1

User avatar

Glockster
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:48 am
Location: Kingwood, TX

Re: Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

#2

Post by Glockster » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:51 am

If I’ve learned anything in my time on this Earth is you can’t tell a bunch entitled old white dudes what to do, especially if they are armed. But a lot of old white dudes are about to die. Seriously. Old men with ancient reflexes appear to be one of the biggest supporters of open carry, which is the main engine in the very slow moving train wreck about to unfold.
I must have missed that particular study of who the biggest supporters of OC were. Speaking on my own behalf, I didn't get asked at all. :fire
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?


Nuts
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:47 pm

Re: Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

#3

Post by Nuts » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:56 am

As far as I'm concerned "old white dudes" is a racist comment and my feelings ar hurt.

User avatar

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1748
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

#4

Post by VoiceofReason » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:59 am

Carry a backup gun. I would repeat this 150 times if I thought it would convince just a few. This idiot doesn’t seem to take into account many people carry back up guns.

This is more garbage from the left. I am 69 and I admit my reflexes have slowed a little. They are however still faster than a lot of 25 year olds.

I will carry concealed 99% of the time. If I see someone open carrying and someone snatches his gun I will drop the snatcher. This idiot doesn’t seem to take this scenario into account either.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

User avatar

VMI77
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 6096
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:49 pm
Location: Victoria, Texas

Re: Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

#5

Post by VMI77 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:07 am

That's probably based on all the incidents where these events have occurred in states that already allow open carry. "rlol" Evidence and reality are anathemas to liberals.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 8059
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

#6

Post by RoyGBiv » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:09 am

Nuts wrote:As far as I'm concerned "old white dudes" is a racist comment and my feelings ar hurt.
"rlol"
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

User avatar

VMI77
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 6096
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:49 pm
Location: Victoria, Texas

Re: Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

#7

Post by VMI77 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:29 am

Nuts wrote:As far as I'm concerned "old white dudes" is a racist comment and my feelings ar hurt.
Not just racist, also ageist. We're just differently aged. Where's our safe space?
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com


locke_n_load
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 991
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

#8

Post by locke_n_load » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:36 am

From the article:
Don’t get me wrong! I am huge 2nder. My cousin’s daughter just bagged her first buck, a beautiful and healthy 9-pointer and so goes the cat and the cradle of hunting in my family. But we can’t have nice things because of idiots, and this is Texas.
Sure you are. Idiot.
"They that would give up Essential Liberty, for a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"

EDC - Glock 26 Gen IV
CHL Holder since 10/08

User avatar

VMI77
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 6096
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:49 pm
Location: Victoria, Texas

Re: Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

#9

Post by VMI77 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:40 am

locke_n_load wrote:From the article:
Don’t get me wrong! I am huge 2nder. My cousin’s daughter just bagged her first buck, a beautiful and healthy 9-pointer and so goes the cat and the cradle of hunting in my family. But we can’t have nice things because of idiots, and this is Texas.
Sure you are. Idiot.

You don't believe him? Isn't that what the 2nd is all about...deer hunting? Well, and maybe skeet shooting. "rlol"
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

User avatar

Middle Age Russ
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1345
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Spring-Woodlands

Re: Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

#10

Post by Middle Age Russ » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:13 am

I am often amazed at hunting community folks, colloquially known as Fudds, who claim to be huge supporters of the Second Amendment, but who would be more than happy to "compromise" with the Bloombergers on any number of points so long as they can still use their bolt action deer rifle and their break action shotgun in appropriate seasons. Such huge supporters entirely miss the point of the Second Amendment, and I think a lot of them do so willfully all the while claiming to support it.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor


Ruark
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1213
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

#11

Post by Ruark » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:55 pm

Middle Age Russ wrote:I am often amazed at hunting community folks, colloquially known as Fudds, who claim to be huge supporters of the Second Amendment, but who would be more than happy to "compromise" with the Bloombergers on any number of points so long as they can still use their bolt action deer rifle and their break action shotgun in appropriate seasons. Such huge supporters entirely miss the point of the Second Amendment, and I think a lot of them do so willfully all the while claiming to support it.
I've seen this, too - these guys who take down their bolt actions once a year for "goin' deer huntin' down at the lease" and otherwise never fire a shot and have no interest whatsoever in handguns. You mention some politician wanting to ban all handguns and they'll say "oh, yeah, they should ban them, too many people runnin' around shootin' each other." And that's as far as they think.
-Ruark

User avatar

Jago668
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 12:31 am

Re: Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

#12

Post by Jago668 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:36 pm

Ruark wrote:
Middle Age Russ wrote:I am often amazed at hunting community folks, colloquially known as Fudds, who claim to be huge supporters of the Second Amendment, but who would be more than happy to "compromise" with the Bloombergers on any number of points so long as they can still use their bolt action deer rifle and their break action shotgun in appropriate seasons. Such huge supporters entirely miss the point of the Second Amendment, and I think a lot of them do so willfully all the while claiming to support it.
I've seen this, too - these guys who take down their bolt actions once a year for "goin' deer huntin' down at the lease" and otherwise never fire a shot and have no interest whatsoever in handguns. You mention some politician wanting to ban all handguns and they'll say "oh, yeah, they should ban them, too many people runnin' around shootin' each other." And that's as far as they think.
I grew up around people like that. I never understood why people would gladly give up parts of their freedom and never understand it wouldn't stop until they had none.
NRA Benefactor Member


chandler583
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:25 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

#13

Post by chandler583 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:12 pm

This is what I think of whenever I hear someone say: "I support the 2nd A because I hunt."

https://youtu.be/hZklAh26uYA?t=42s
10/17/12 Docs Mailed
11/29/12 Plastic in Hand

User avatar

Smokewagon
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:49 am
Location: West Texas

Re: Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

#14

Post by Smokewagon » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:21 am

And all this deholstering, has been a big problem in which of the other 40 some odd states that allow some form of open carry?
Texas friendly, spoken here.

User avatar

AJSully421
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1420
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: SW Fort Worth

Re: Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

#15

Post by AJSully421 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:46 am

VMI77 wrote:That's probably based on all the incidents where these events have occurred in states that already allow open carry. "rlol" Evidence and reality are anathemas to liberals.
As it has been explained to me, Houston, TX is, by far, the largest city on the entire planet that will undeservedly allow righteous citizens the arcane privilege to openly carry their evil killing machines in public where precious children (who were not aborted by their mothers) will die at the mere sight of a holstered handgun. They tell me this is a grand social experiment that has never been tried before anywhere else, and if it has, then we are completely different.

When I bring up that the Phoenix Metro Statistical Area has a 2014 estimated population of nearly 4.5 million (Houston MSA is 6.5 million) and that Arizona has constitutional carry, so people are carrying guns without any training or background checks, and they seem to manage fine.

They retort that Arizona is "different", and they are not a "Southern City"... when I ask what that means, they never answer. I assume it means what this author said... the first black dude that open carries is going to get smoked by some racist.

I then bring up that the Atlanta MSA has about 5.5 million, and that they are a "Southern City" and that they have licensed only OC, and they seem to manage fine. They usually don't have a response to this... other than to call me a racist and imply that my pistol is a penis enhancement.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Post Reply

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”