Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

Post by oljames3 »

Daily Kos: Gunsmoked or would you like to play a game? A realistic preview of open carry in Texas.
https://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/12/14 ... y-in-Texas

Mark your calendars. Dec 14, 2015 12:34pm CST by Patience John

"So to wrap it all up, here is my Gunsmoked pool:

First Time an Open Citizen is deholstered as prank or criminal act:

0-1 days : 1 in 2

1-3 days : 3 in 4

1 Week: 9 in 10

First Time an Open Citizen is deholstered and robbed:

0-1 days : 1 in 10

1-3 days : 2 in 7

1 Week: 1 in 3

First Time an Open Citizen is deholstered and killed:

0-1 days : 1 in 25

1-3 days : 1 in 20

1 Week: 1 in 10

First Time an Open Citizen is deholstered and used in another crime:

0-1 days : 1 in 2

1-3 days : 4 in 5

1 Week: 10 in 11

Mark my words, open carry in Texas is supposedly nice thing we will never do again because idiots do not allow for nice things."
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Glockster

Re: Daily Kos Article Sets Open Carry Disaster Timeline

Post by Glockster »

If I’ve learned anything in my time on this Earth is you can’t tell a bunch entitled old white dudes what to do, especially if they are armed. But a lot of old white dudes are about to die. Seriously. Old men with ancient reflexes appear to be one of the biggest supporters of open carry, which is the main engine in the very slow moving train wreck about to unfold.
I must have missed that particular study of who the biggest supporters of OC were. Speaking on my own behalf, I didn't get asked at all. :fire
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

Nuts

Post by Nuts »

As far as I'm concerned "old white dudes" is a racist comment and my feelings ar hurt.

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VoiceofReason »

Carry a backup gun. I would repeat this 150 times if I thought it would convince just a few. This idiot doesn’t seem to take into account many people carry back up guns.

This is more garbage from the left. I am 69 and I admit my reflexes have slowed a little. They are however still faster than a lot of 25 year olds.

I will carry concealed 99% of the time. If I see someone open carrying and someone snatches his gun I will drop the snatcher. This idiot doesn’t seem to take this scenario into account either.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

VMI77
Posts in topic: 4

Post by VMI77 »

That's probably based on all the incidents where these events have occurred in states that already allow open carry. "rlol" Evidence and reality are anathemas to liberals.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Nuts wrote:As far as I'm concerned "old white dudes" is a racist comment and my feelings ar hurt.
"rlol"
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Nuts wrote:As far as I'm concerned "old white dudes" is a racist comment and my feelings ar hurt.
Not just racist, also ageist. We're just differently aged. Where's our safe space?
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

From the article:
Don’t get me wrong! I am huge 2nder. My cousin’s daughter just bagged her first buck, a beautiful and healthy 9-pointer and so goes the cat and the cradle of hunting in my family. But we can’t have nice things because of idiots, and this is Texas.
Sure you are. Idiot.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

locke_n_load wrote:From the article:
Don’t get me wrong! I am huge 2nder. My cousin’s daughter just bagged her first buck, a beautiful and healthy 9-pointer and so goes the cat and the cradle of hunting in my family. But we can’t have nice things because of idiots, and this is Texas.
Sure you are. Idiot.

You don't believe him? Isn't that what the 2nd is all about...deer hunting? Well, and maybe skeet shooting. "rlol"

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

I am often amazed at hunting community folks, colloquially known as Fudds, who claim to be huge supporters of the Second Amendment, but who would be more than happy to "compromise" with the Bloombergers on any number of points so long as they can still use their bolt action deer rifle and their break action shotgun in appropriate seasons. Such huge supporters entirely miss the point of the Second Amendment, and I think a lot of them do so willfully all the while claiming to support it.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Middle Age Russ wrote:I am often amazed at hunting community folks, colloquially known as Fudds, who claim to be huge supporters of the Second Amendment, but who would be more than happy to "compromise" with the Bloombergers on any number of points so long as they can still use their bolt action deer rifle and their break action shotgun in appropriate seasons. Such huge supporters entirely miss the point of the Second Amendment, and I think a lot of them do so willfully all the while claiming to support it.
I've seen this, too - these guys who take down their bolt actions once a year for "goin' deer huntin' down at the lease" and otherwise never fire a shot and have no interest whatsoever in handguns. You mention some politician wanting to ban all handguns and they'll say "oh, yeah, they should ban them, too many people runnin' around shootin' each other." And that's as far as they think.
-Ruark

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Ruark wrote:
Middle Age Russ wrote:I am often amazed at hunting community folks, colloquially known as Fudds, who claim to be huge supporters of the Second Amendment, but who would be more than happy to "compromise" with the Bloombergers on any number of points so long as they can still use their bolt action deer rifle and their break action shotgun in appropriate seasons. Such huge supporters entirely miss the point of the Second Amendment, and I think a lot of them do so willfully all the while claiming to support it.
I've seen this, too - these guys who take down their bolt actions once a year for "goin' deer huntin' down at the lease" and otherwise never fire a shot and have no interest whatsoever in handguns. You mention some politician wanting to ban all handguns and they'll say "oh, yeah, they should ban them, too many people runnin' around shootin' each other." And that's as far as they think.
I grew up around people like that. I never understood why people would gladly give up parts of their freedom and never understand it wouldn't stop until they had none.
NRA Benefactor Member

chandler583
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chandler583 »

This is what I think of whenever I hear someone say: "I support the 2nd A because I hunt."

https://youtu.be/hZklAh26uYA?t=42s
10/17/12 Docs Mailed
11/29/12 Plastic in Hand

Smokewagon

Post by Smokewagon »

And all this deholstering, has been a big problem in which of the other 40 some odd states that allow some form of open carry?
Texas friendly, spoken here.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

VMI77 wrote:That's probably based on all the incidents where these events have occurred in states that already allow open carry. "rlol" Evidence and reality are anathemas to liberals.
As it has been explained to me, Houston, TX is, by far, the largest city on the entire planet that will undeservedly allow righteous citizens the arcane privilege to openly carry their evil killing machines in public where precious children (who were not aborted by their mothers) will die at the mere sight of a holstered handgun. They tell me this is a grand social experiment that has never been tried before anywhere else, and if it has, then we are completely different.

When I bring up that the Phoenix Metro Statistical Area has a 2014 estimated population of nearly 4.5 million (Houston MSA is 6.5 million) and that Arizona has constitutional carry, so people are carrying guns without any training or background checks, and they seem to manage fine.

They retort that Arizona is "different", and they are not a "Southern City"... when I ask what that means, they never answer. I assume it means what this author said... the first black dude that open carries is going to get smoked by some racist.

I then bring up that the Atlanta MSA has about 5.5 million, and that they are a "Southern City" and that they have licensed only OC, and they seem to manage fine. They usually don't have a response to this... other than to call me a racist and imply that my pistol is a penis enhancement.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”