Awesome Lewisville PD Cheif Response

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
4copas
Posts in topic: 1

Awesome Lewisville PD Cheif Response

Post by 4copas »

Other than the post office mistake, this is great.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. John Wayne
NRA Life Member :patriot: :txflag:

Richbirdhunter

Re: Awesome Lewisville PD Cheif Response

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Looks like a nonissue with them
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I admire this guy, honestly I do, but as a bald guy, his toupee is absurd...

At least straighten it out...

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I've met a couple of Lewisville cops at an FFL I use in Lewisville, and they were right on each time I spoke with them. If their attitudes were typical for the department, then they've got a great department.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RJGold

Post by RJGold »

Edit - (Didn't see the OP already mentioned the Post Office error)

At 3:25 he says people may show up at the grocery store, post office, or to pay a bill and be carrying openly...and unless they're behaving suspiciously or causing alarm, that's OK. Has Lewisville figured a way to carry at the post office?

Aside from that, a good message. I like that he says they don't intend to verify LTC just because the person is carrying openly.

"Good On Ya" Lewisville!!! (Makes me a PT according to the "No Worries" Thread) :biggrinjester:
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

This is an excellent approach for LEOs to take, both in terms of dealing with people carrying openly and notifying the public not to panic. I think his comment about the post office was just an off-the-cuff remark about people carrying openly going about their normal daily routines.

Chas.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:This is an excellent approach for LEOs to take, both in terms of dealing with people carrying openly and notifying the public not to panic. I think his comment about the post office was just an off-the-cuff remark about people carrying openly going about their normal daily routines.

Chas.
Probably, but wouldn't it be interesting if he's taking the attitude that since it's a federal law he'll let the feds worry about it?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

camjr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by camjr »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I've met a couple of Lewisville cops at an FFL I use in Lewisville, and they were right on each time I spoke with them. If their attitudes were typical for the department, then they've got a great department.
I've lived in Lewisville for over 20 yrs and that has ALWAYS been my experience.

camjr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by camjr »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:This is an excellent approach for LEOs to take, both in terms of dealing with people carrying openly and notifying the public not to panic. I think his comment about the post office was just an off-the-cuff remark about people carrying openly going about their normal daily routines.

Chas.
He admitted later on the Lewisville community Facebook page where he personally posted this video that this is exactly what happened and he corrected himself.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”