CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Re: H.E.B. and their reason for no open carry

Post by WildBill »

Oldgringo wrote:
WildBill wrote:
mojo84 wrote:There is a difference between seeing someone naked and seeing them with clothes on. We know there is a naked body underneath the clothes but it is just different not seeing it. The thin layer of material makes a difference. For some, regardless how illogical or silly we may consider it, some people don't want to see guns or have their customers see guns in their place of business.
An interesting analogy.
I think mojo84 is right. Clothes can provide a great service in many instances...so can sacks. :leaving
Are you referring to Marilyn Monroe's Idaho Potato Sack Dress?
NRA Endowment Member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

WildBill wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
WildBill wrote:
mojo84 wrote:There is a difference between seeing someone naked and seeing them with clothes on. We know there is a naked body underneath the clothes but it is just different not seeing it. The thin layer of material makes a difference. For some, regardless how illogical or silly we may consider it, some people don't want to see guns or have their customers see guns in their place of business.
An interesting analogy.
I think mojo84 is right. Clothes can provide a great service in many instances...so can sacks. :leaving
Are you referring to Marilyn Monroe's Idaho Potato Sack Dress?
No.

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasGal »

I really don't care if a business posts against OC. I really love shopping at HEB. It's my all time favorite store for the excellent selection and prices. As long as they don't add a 30.06 sign to go with the 30.07, I'm a loyal customer. If, they do post both signs...well, there is a brand spanking new Kroger across the street. ;-)
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

TexasGal,

Hang on now!

Your stated position is much to reasonable.

(actually it precisely mirrors my own)

You're supposed to rant and rave, sputter and fume about the dastardly, nay, catastrophic 30.07 ignominy...

TexasRifleman

Post by TexasRifleman »

I'm noticing a trend in stores posting 30.07, HEB included.

Stores that have a nationwide presence; Kroger, Wal Mart, Target, even Starbucks, have seen open carry already and know that it's a big nothing. They aren't posting any signs.

Texas only stores don't have that experience to call on so they are defaulting to a bit of fear. I suspect over time they too will realize that it's a big nothing and drop the signs.

Solaris
Banned

Post by Solaris »

TexasRifleman wrote:I'm noticing a trend in stores posting 30.07, HEB included.

Stores that have a nationwide presence; Kroger, Wal Mart, Target, even Starbucks, have seen open carry already and know that it's a big nothing. They aren't posting any signs.

Texas only stores don't have that experience to call on so they are defaulting to a bit of fear. I suspect over time they too will realize that it's a big nothing and drop the signs.
I have noticed that too. National chains seem to be doing nothing.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

What about the stores listed in this thread? viewtopic.php?f=129&t=81352 Doesn't seem that 30.07 signs are being posted only by Texas companies.

Costco HQ: Issaquah, WA
Randall’s (Safeway) HQ: Pleasonton, CA
Sprouts HQ: Phoenix, AZ
Target HQ: Minneapolis, MN
Trader Joe’s HQ: Monrovia, CA

Chas.

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

rvsullivan wrote:Just made a call to H.E.B. corporate to ask about the 30.07 postings in their stores. The representative at Customer Relations first told me they were a privately held company and could make any decision they wished about open carry. I agreed with her and explained they were affecting licensed carry holders. She then switched over to they were following TABC rules in that they sold alcohol and were prohibited by law from allowing open carry. When I disputed that and told her all her stores were Blue licensed she hung up on me!! :banghead:
My experience with HEB customer service was entirely different.

A very personable young man assured me that HEB had no issue with concealed carry.

I thanked him.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

What about the stores listed in this thread? viewtopic.php?f=129&t=81352 Doesn't seem that 30.07 signs are being posted only by Texas companies.

Chas.
I haven't yet seen Target posting 30.07. Now they did make a statement when OCTC was doing their "in your face walks". I'm not suggesting that it would be a good idea to open carry in Target as it is just asking to be given oral notice. I just haven't seen 30.07 yet at any of my local Targets.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
Of the stores listed above, none have actually posted 30.07 yet from what I've seen on the board so far, nor do they post in other states where open carry is legal, again from my observation.

Sprouts has always posted 30.06 in Texas. Granted it's only Jan. 4, but I suspect other than Sprouts none of them will follow through. One issue with the big multi-state stores is that they would have to come up with multiple posting policies that are correct for each state that they operate in, where signs have the force of law. My guess is it's too much trouble for them, especially when signs are not effective in most states.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

TexasRifleman

Post by TexasRifleman »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
I haven't seen a Target post 06 or 07 yet, went there today actually and no one said a word.

Sprouts has posted for years against concealed already so it's no surprise they post now against open.

I believe the trend I spoke of is still valid, more responses with 07 signs from Texas only stores than nationwide.

thetexan

Post by thetexan »

Mike1951 wrote:
rvsullivan wrote:Just made a call to H.E.B. corporate to ask about the 30.07 postings in their stores. The representative at Customer Relations first told me they were a privately held company and could make any decision they wished about open carry. I agreed with her and explained they were affecting licensed carry holders. She then switched over to they were following TABC rules in that they sold alcohol and were prohibited by law from allowing open carry. When I disputed that and told her all her stores were Blue licensed she hung up on me!! :banghead:
My experience with HEB customer service was entirely different.

A very personable young man assured me that HEB had no issue with concealed carry.

I thanked him.
Customer service is, by definition, the hired help they use to deal with people like you and me. I always start with this premise...that I do not want to talk to the person they want me to talk to. Those are the "pat you on the head" people. I want to talk to someone with more muscle.

tex
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI Instructor Pilot

parabelum
Posts in topic: 7

Post by parabelum »

As someone mentioned before, I enjoyed H.E.B., but now, my money goes to Kroger, literally across the street.

zero4o3
Posts in topic: 4

Post by zero4o3 »

parabelum wrote:As someone mentioned before, I enjoyed H.E.B., but now, my money goes to Kroger, literally across the street.
is it fair to take it from that statement that your intention is to predominantly open carry? I only ask because HEB indicated that CC was welcome in their stores which would leave me thinking they are Pro 2A.

TexasRifleman

Post by TexasRifleman »

zero4o3 wrote:
parabelum wrote:As someone mentioned before, I enjoyed H.E.B., but now, my money goes to Kroger, literally across the street.
is it fair to take it from that statement that your intention is to predominantly open carry? I only ask because HEB indicated that CC was welcome in their stores which would leave me thinking they are Pro 2A.
If given an equal option of "half pro 2A" or "full pro 2A" i'll default to full.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”