Someone placing 30.07 signs in front of businesses...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jeff B.
Posts in topic: 5

Someone placing 30.07 signs in front of businesses...

Post by Jeff B. »

My SIL told me last night that someone(s) were going around in Allen placing 30.07 signs outside the front of businesses. He is a Manager at the Rudy's in Allen. When notified by a couple of customers who were "disgruntled", he tossed it in the dumpster.

As info, Rudy's (DFW) Stores are not posted. If you happen to see a sign that you think may not be kosher, check with the location management. It would seem some anti-2A folks as taking it on themselves to "post" retail locations.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Someone placing 30.07 signs in front of businesses...

Post by TVGuy »

I seem to remember hearing MDA people saying they would be doing this.

Glockster
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Glockster »

TVGuy wrote:I seem to remember hearing MDA people saying they would be doing this.

Since a 30.07 sign is something that has the force of law behind it, sounds like a nice thing to add to the code next session - a prohibition against unauthorized placement or tampering.
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Glockster wrote:
TVGuy wrote:I seem to remember hearing MDA people saying they would be doing this.

Since a 30.07 sign is something that has the force of law behind it, sounds like a nice thing to add to the code next session - a prohibition against unauthorized placement or tampering.
Agreed. I'm not sure something isn't on the books now, possibly at the municipal level. I'm sure our resident legal eagles will chime in at some point.

viking1000

Post by viking1000 »

I am sure some where out there is a 3 X 5 index card attached to a business with 3007 lnfo on it.

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

viking1000 wrote:I am sure some where out there is a 3 X 5 index card attached to a business with 3007 lnfo on it.
Not following what you're saying.

doncb
Posts in topic: 1

Post by doncb »

Sounds like something they'd do. They probably feel really smug about it too. Unless they are posting legal signs they are wasting their time.
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

Glockster wrote:

I'm thinking this is every bit illegal as an individual putting up stop signs as they see fit.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

viking1000

Post by viking1000 »

TVGuy wrote:
viking1000 wrote:I am sure some where out there is a 3 X 5 index card attached to a business with 3007 lnfo on it.
A 3 X 5 inch index card placed on a door would not surprise me, that is all I am saying..
If these businesses have surveillance cameras they should be able to spot who is placing the signs after hours.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Putting out advertisements is one thing, but attaching something that has the rule of law behind is a whole different animal. These individuals should be breaking the law somehow someway. These people will stop at nothing.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

viking1000 wrote:
TVGuy wrote:
A 3 X 5 inch index card placed on a door would not surprise me, that is all I am saying..
If these businesses have surveillance cameras they should be able to spot who is placing the signs after hours.
Gotcha. Frankly, after seeing what they do and from personal experience, I wouldn't put it past them to put up full sized signs.

Topic author
Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

Here's an example from the office... look like 2 x 3 and were on sticks, like campaign signs...

Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Topic author
Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

viking1000 wrote:
TVGuy wrote:
They could go back and review the tapes for the day and determine who placed them. Problem there is that the local PD doesn't do much even when the camera recorded a former employee stealing a pressure washer. How much traction would placing a sign get?

Regards,

Jeff B.

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Looks like a full sized sign to me!

Topic author
Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

TVGuy wrote:Looks like a full sized sign to me!
BTW, those are in the Manager's office, being kept for the owner to see.

Jeff B.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”