HPB Response To My Email

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JagsfanNtexas
Posts in topic: 2

HPB Response To My Email

Post by JagsfanNtexas »

I emailed HPB on Saturday and heard back from them today.
Attachments
image.png

Tracker
Posts in topic: 1

Re: HPB Response To My Email

Post by Tracker »

that's their copy/paste response.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Apparently they don't care. C'est la vie.

Topic author
JagsfanNtexas

Post by JagsfanNtexas »

Oh no doubt it's a prewritten response. Just surprised they didn't get the facts straight in it. They have not in fact had a policy against this in the past. Maybe for employees, but never customers.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Just sent in my email. To summarize:

*They don't trust lawfully concealed carriers;
*After 30 years as a regular customer, I am severing the relationship;
*Cannot subject my family or myself to a gun-free zone to which a mass-shooter would have free-reign;
*Don't bother to send canned response, which is already well known to the CC community.

thenick_ttu

Post by thenick_ttu »

At least they didn't try to tell us "it's for the safety of our customers and employees". They were honest and said it's for "comfort".

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Evidently Jeremy is replying to all of them, because that is the name on the copy/paste reply I got as well.
NRA Benefactor Member

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

The signs on HPB will be resolved on their own in the next few years. It won't be because a handful of LTC holders quit shopping there, but due to the fact they have failed to adapt their business model to today's customer.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

fickman

Post by fickman »

My Letter wrote:I suspect that I, too, will receive a form letter response, but still feel compelled to write about this issue.

I was disheartened to see Half Price Books decide to post the 30.06 signs preventing concealed carry of firearms used by licensed, law abiding citizens for self defense of themselves and others. This decision counterintuitively makes stores less safe, not more safe. This is not the same as open carry, which could be alarming to other patrons. Concealed carry is a matter of Constitutional rights, of privacy, and of human dignity.

I know that one common response to emails regarding this issue mention that HPB wants to be weapons-free. Does this mean that they ask uniformed law enforcement officers to leave the store? Do you know that off duty and retired law enforcement officers do not have to obey the 30.06 signage (even though, as a demographic, they commit crimes at a higher rate than Texas concealed handgun licensees). Most importantly, criminals intent on breaking the law do not adhere to such signs. They are in your stores already, and now your staff and law-abiding patrons are defenseless against their attacks in the store or in the parking lots as they return to their cars. Do you intend to put metal detectors at each store to ensure that illegal weapons are kept out and not just the legal ones?

I regret that I will be unable to give Half Price Books any further business as long as the 30.06 signs are posted. As homeschoolers, we buy a lot of books for our five children at HPB. We run one homeschool co-op and are a part of two other major ones and will ask the members in these groups to join us in finding a bookstore that supports our freedoms and our rights to self defense.
Native Texian

zero4o3

Post by zero4o3 »

I would be curious to see what they said if someone responded to the email and pointed out that what they are denying didn't just start in 2016 but has been going on for 20 years

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Also tell them you are tired of getting a quarter for reselling books you paid $50 for. :biggrinjester:

"Concealed .45, your offer is ready in the back."

Rvrrat14

Post by Rvrrat14 »

Thus another reason folks are buying online.........

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

I just came in here to find out what HPB stood for. It always amazes me that some think everyone is just automatically going to know a random initialism/abbreviation. Especially in a title.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

The Wall wrote:I just came in here to find out what HPB stood for. It always amazes me that some think everyone is just automatically going to know a random initialism/abbreviation. Especially in a title.
It's in the e-mail attachment in the original post... :rules:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

hahaha yes it is in the e-mail attachment in the original post. Hence the reason to "enter this thread" so he could open it. "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”