CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Re: I now regret that OC passed

Post by mojo84 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Baldeagle, I think it is coming to light just how narcissistic and selfish our society has become. Its not just millennials. It's also so called adults that just care about themselves and have no regard for others and their rights.

Sad times for our country indeed.
Hey now easy on the millennial bashing :smash: some of us would just assume kick back and listen to Tom Petty all while showing you why your smart phone keeps freezing.

:biggrinjester:
:iagree: I hate it when people try to say I'm in the millennial generation as well....

Hey guys, We all understand there are exceptions to everything. Continue to be exceptions.
Last edited by mojo84 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

mojo84 wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Baldeagle, I think it is coming to light just how narcissistic and selfish our society has become. Its not just millennials. It's also so called adults that just care about themselves and have no regard for others and their rights.

Hey now easy on the millennial bashing :smash: some of us would just assume kick back and listen to Tom Petty all while showing you why your smart phone keeps freezing.

:iagree: I hate it when people try to say I'm in the millennial generation as well....

Hey guys, We all understand there are exceptions to everything. Continue to be an exceptions.
:lol: :tiphat:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Tracker
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tracker »

Les Miles wrote:
gljjt wrote:
chuck j wrote:The deal is done , no turning back . Wouldn't make any difference if OC was repealed , the spotlight has been put on us and the public/business's will react . Wait and see what happens but in the meantime uphold the near perfect reputation we have earned . Open Carry Texas tactics to desensitize the public are stupid , everyone here saw how trying to cram carrying a gun down peoples throat worked out . Be a shining example to others that doubt . Much like being a Christian............by example and not threats and cheap talk .

I still have hope that OC will be accepted by the majority of Texans but I knew there would be a rough road to get there . Give it time , anything worth having takes time and effort .
The deal is done, but...... I for one will not be supporting so called constitutional carry in the next session. Although I support unlicensed carry philosophically, I believe the process to get there will actually set the restoration of gun rights back. I think the focus should be full bore on expansion of the number of places where we carry, those now restricted.

BTW, thanks to the militant OC fanatics that don't understand how to achieve progress, my bank is now posted 30.06 and 30.07.
Get a new bank. I wonder if they called Rosa Parks a "militant" for standing up for her rights too? "Now Rosa, just go back to the back of the bus, don't rock the boat, and I promise we will get you a seat at the front of the bus soon. But we have to do it the right way. Ok Rosa?" :txflag:
Les, after he gave OCT credit for getting OC passed I aske CJ twice to name one state legislator that gave him credit for getting OC passed. Both times my question was answered with silence.

Imo he's a shameless self promoter

gljjt
Posts in topic: 5

Post by gljjt »

Les Miles wrote:
gljjt wrote:
chuck j wrote:The deal is done , no turning back . Wouldn't make any difference if OC was repealed , the spotlight has been put on us and the public/business's will react . Wait and see what happens but in the meantime uphold the near perfect reputation we have earned . Open Carry Texas tactics to desensitize the public are stupid , everyone here saw how trying to cram carrying a gun down peoples throat worked out . Be a shining example to others that doubt . Much like being a Christian............by example and not threats and cheap talk .

I still have hope that OC will be accepted by the majority of Texans but I knew there would be a rough road to get there . Give it time , anything worth having takes time and effort .
The deal is done, but...... I for one will not be supporting so called constitutional carry in the next session. Although I support unlicensed carry philosophically, I believe the process to get there will actually set the restoration of gun rights back. I think the focus should be full bore on expansion of the number of places where we carry, those now restricted.

BTW, thanks to the militant OC fanatics that don't understand how to achieve progress, my bank is now posted 30.06 and 30.07.
Get a new bank. I wonder if they called Rosa Parks a "militant" for standing up for her rights too? "Now Rosa, just go back to the back of the bus, don't rock the boat, and I promise we will get you a seat at the front of the bus soon. But we have to do it the right way. Ok Rosa?" :txflag:
In keeping with my commitment to tone it down comparing OC and signage to Rosa Parks is no where close to the same thing. Skin color vs behavior is not a valid comparison. Not even close. IMHO.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Les Miles wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Les Miles wrote:
gljjt wrote:

The Rosa Parks analogy has been put forth by other Grishanm fanboys, but it didn't sell then and it won't sell now.

Stop and I do mean stop now. It's an insult to Rosa Parks and the entire civil rights movement. Grisham is no Rosa Parks.
Chas.
Charles, why are you attacking me? You can't tell me how to feel about CJ and Rosa. I'm a black man living in East Texas. I know more about racism than you ever will.

Ignorance knows no color. Rosa Parks was fighting a much greater injustice than open carry of firearms. You of all people should know and recognize that.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Unocat
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Unocat »

baldeagle wrote: Maybe you should take a little more time to read through the posts and get to know the old timers. I don't know a single person on this forum that has ever been opposed to OC. Some of us have argued about the timing, feeling other issues were more important.
I think you are definitely right about this. I need to stop posting and read more of what is going on here. I have been licensed since 97-2001 in LA and then 2001-present in TX. I was excited to find this place linked from 3006texas and was eager to jump into the conversation. I now regret that and should have spent more time lurking and seeing the attitudes and general nature of the discussion. My fault, not anyone's here. I am going to run silent and deep for a bit.

Cheers!
NRA lifetime member
Combat Veteran
"carthago delenda est"

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

Les Miles wrote:I'm still glad OC passed. I've been carrying openly, concealed, almost concealed, partially open, mostly open, mostly concealed and every other way you can think of and it has been amazing. No worries about someone seeing the bottom of my holster. No more IWB. I just throw my Serpa on and carry a jacket in case I need to cover up. Stop complaining. These people posting signs up now never supported our right to keep and bear arms anyway. :txflag:
I don't intend to OC and I admit it's nice to know I'll be OK if my CC is somehow exposed but what I see happening is disturbing. Supporting RTKBA and allowing it are different and I have seen postings of 30.06 where they never were before along with the new 30.07; probably by many businesses that simply allowed it.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasTornado »

mojo84 wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:

Hey guys, We all understand there are exceptions to everything. Continue to be an exceptions.
Maybe responsible Millenializm will change the minds of the masses like responsible OC...

:headscratch
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Seabear
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Seabear »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
baldeagle wrote:All of this was predictable.
It was more than predictable. It was predicted. And it came to pass.

I don't have regrets about passage, but I DO have major regrets about people who carry and don't care what damage they do to the reputations of all of us. THAT is a huge regret.

Pride goeth before the fall.

Amen :tiphat:
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I regret it passed because just like was proposed by myself and many we now have less places we can CC because they have all been educated about proper signage.
:rules:

I would have rather seen off limit areas disappear.

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

carlson1 wrote:I regret it passed because just like was proposed by myself and many we now have less places we can CC because they have all been educated about proper signage.

So why the push for it? If groups like OCT did nothing but damage to the OC cause then why not let them be responsible for killing off OC? Why didn't the NRA and others push for better things rather than going for OC?

I'm not harping on you so please don't take it that way. I just see your sentiment on this forum, and I am starting to share it as well, so if we knew this was possible why did we push for OC?
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

RonW956

Post by RonW956 »

I don't regret that it passed one bit... why are you guys so scared of? This is the exact same thing that happened when Texas passed conceal carry back in 1995. Now that open carry has become LAW I feel that is just another big step forward in securing our rights as US citizens. Back in '95 there were 30.06 signs popping up everywhere, today, they're hardly anywhere. Same thing is going on today guys... Give it til this spring, things will cool down & common sence will prevail.
Now that Open Carry has become LAW, nothing normalizes the existence & presence of armed citizenry more than open carry, and because conceal carry by it's very nature is concealed from the public eye. You want the public to get used to guns? Then have guns seen in public carried by knowledgeable & friendly gun owners. By being friendly, we make the gun friendly as well...Conceal carry is good, open carry is good, and both should be supported.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

RonW956 wrote:I don't regret that it passed one bit... why are you guys so scared of? This is the exact same thing that happened when Texas passed conceal carry back in 1995. Now that open carry has become LAW I feel that is just another big step forward in securing our rights as US citizens. Back in '95 there were 30.06 signs popping up everywhere, today, they're hardly anywhere. Same thing is going on today guys... Give it til this spring, things will cool down & common sence will prevail.
Now that Open Carry has become LAW, nothing normalizes the existence & presence of armed citizenry more than open carry, and because conceal carry by it's very nature is concealed from the public eye. You want the public to get used to guns? Then have guns seen in public carried by knowledgeable & friendly gun owners. By being friendly, we make the gun friendly as well...Conceal carry is good, open carry is good, and both should be supported.
The right opposite. Just in a week we have more 30.06 signs because of OC thus I can't carry to as many places I could before OC. It has caused me to disarm in places two weeks ago I could carry and be prepared to protect myself. Now I am unarmed thanks to OCT, education on proper signage. All of this pushed more 30.06'a to be posted.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

CoffeeNut wrote:
carlson1 wrote:I regret it passed because just like was proposed by myself and many we now have less places we can CC because they have all been educated about proper signage.

So why the push for it? If groups like OCT did nothing but damage to the OC cause then why not let them be responsible for killing off OC? Why didn't the NRA and others push for better things rather than going for OC?

I'm not harping on you so please don't take it that way. I just see your sentiment on this forum, and I am starting to share it as well, so if we knew this was possible why did we push for OC?
That is a very good question and I don't have the answer. Maybe Mr. Cotton could enlighten us on why we just did t ignore OC and go after some of the off limit areas.

SlowDave

Post by SlowDave »

:iagree:
zero4o3 wrote:
Unocat wrote:Don't have buyer's remorse just yet. let people settle into it. the signs will slowly come down over the next year or two.
When the crime statistics go down, when a LTC holder is a hero, when the OCT AR/AK wielders go away... things will get better.

No that new Star Wars movie - that I regret... I should have just thrown $11.50 in the toilet. :anamatedbanana
unfortunately I don't think that's how it works. Once those signs go up it will take more than crime statistics for them to come down.
:iagree:
People/orgs put UP a sign because they're scared. They don't take down a sign because they become unscared. It's like a safety or liability issue, not in fact, but in the one-way latching behavior. People get scared about something having to do with safety, they put up a sign or enact a policy. When/if they become more comfortable with it, there is VERY little motivation to go back and repeal the policy. Like it or not, the large majority of the population that has minimal interest in concealed and/or open carry almost NEVER sees the benefit of it. They either don't care enough to really get riled up, or else they're scared of it. Almost zero motivation to ever remove a sign.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”