Burleson Public Library Posted Both Signs

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TexasGal
Posts in topic: 1

Burleson Public Library Posted Both Signs

Post by TexasGal »

I recieved an email notice today from Texas30.06 that my local city library has posted both 30.06 and 30.07 signs.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

jb2012

Re: Burleson Public Library Posted Both Signs

Post by jb2012 »

Is that a legal posting being that it is city property not holding or serving a court? I'm sure someone will chime in with an answer..

amtank

Post by amtank »

Go there in person. Observe and Photograph the sign(s), File a complaint with the city. Wait, forward the complaint to the AG's office.

ELB

Post by ELB »

amtank wrote:Go there in person. Observe and Photograph the sign(s), File a complaint with the city. Wait, forward the complaint to the AG's office.
This.
USAF 1982-2005

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Some libraries are not city or county owned, but are their own "Library District".

Even so, when you look up the law that allows for a library district, the first thing that it says is that a library district is a political subdivision of the State of Texas. Thus, GC 411.209 still applies.

Take pictures and turn them in... I bet they think they are an "educational institution".

If I had more time, I would be the test case at the FW Zoo and get this "educational institution" crud over with.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

koine2002 wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:Some libraries are not city or county owned, but are their own "Library District".

Even so, when you look up the law that allows for a library district, the first thing that it says is that a library district is a political subdivision of the State of Texas. Thus, GC 411.209 still applies.

Take pictures and turn them in... I bet they think they are an "educational institution".

If I had more time, I would be the test case at the FW Zoo and get this "educational institution" crud over with.
I think the FW Zoo is claiming amusement park now. The language of the relevant laws seem to allow such a thing even though it is city owned.
Isn't the FW Zoo under the 75 acres required though?
NRA Benefactor Member

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Jago668 wrote:
Isn't the FW Zoo under the 75 acres required though?
Yes, according to the zoo, it is on 64 acres https://www.fortworthzoo.org/plan-a-visit/zoo-facts/ :smilelol5:

I'm waiting with bated breath for Attorney General's response to my complaint about the Ft. Worth Zoo. Several were reporting that DPS said they wouldn't make any findings public until after the first of the year. So I'm hoping it will be within a week or so.

Edited to change DPS to AG.
Ron
NRA Member

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

AJSully421 wrote:Some libraries are not city or county owned, but are their own "Library District".
Some public libraries are actually private, not government. There is one near me that was started and is funded by a private memorial foundation. The building is not city owned and the librarians are not city employees. I believe that the city does have a contract to give them some money, but it is a private foundation with a library open to the public. This is the way Ben Franklin started the whole idea of free libraries, by the way.

One of these days, I need to check if my city hospital is still owned by the city. They contracted out the operation to Seton, but I don't know if they sold the building or kept it. Same principle in action if they sold it.
Steve Rothstein

Rhino1

Post by Rhino1 »

Tim Riggins,
After seeing your post 1 and now this post 2, I highly suggest you read the forum rules or it will be unlikely there will be a post 3.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Winchster

Post by Winchster »

TexasGal wrote:I recieved an email notice today from Texas30.06 that my local city library has posted both 30.06 and 30.07 signs.
The BRICK is also posted
What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?

wesbla

Post by wesbla »

this was their response:

"What it means is that whoever reported it didn't read the full sign. Since our board meetings are subject to the open meetings act, open and concealed carry is prohibited in the board room during meetings. Open and concealed carry is allowed in the rest of the building during the meeting and anywhere in the building when the rest of the time. tl;dr You can't carry in one room once a month for about an hour. The rest the building and open hours are fair game.."

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”