Another casualty of Open Carry

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Another casualty of Open Carry

Post by Oldgringo »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:This thread is one more nasty comment away from being locked. Discuss issues without the personal attacks and venom.

This is the last warning folks.

Chas.
I agree. Enough is enough.

As we've seen proven recently, we CHL's are not the only folk who watch and read this forum. There are a lot more no-gun voters than CHL's and the politicians' first concern is re-election, not our CHL rights/privileges. If we look like we can't get along with each other on the web, why should the no-gun majority believe/think we can get along with them or anyone else in public?

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 11

Post by baldeagle »

CoffeeNut wrote:
Bullitt wrote:
switch wrote:Maybe your employer is too stupid to work for. :)
Oh wow! That was a profoundly useful comeback.

Here's the deal Bozos: Those of us opposed to open carry stated that it would bring too much attention to the issue, and we were right. You "concept men" in your high-perched intellectual righteous indignation thought otherwise. Y'all screwed the pooch on this. Open carry has accomplished nothing but to shut down concealed carry.
You aren't doing anyone any good by continually calling people names because they support something that you do not. Claiming that open carry is shutting down concealed carry because your employer is now posted is quite a reach considering most people are only encountering a very small number of new 30.06 signs.
Can you not see that he is reacting in anger because this has impacted him personally? Cut the guy some slack. On the OC side you have guys celebrating because they can now OC. But for some, it has stripped them of their ability to protect themselves, and they were somewhat blindsided by it.

If you can't be understanding of that, then I don't know what to say. I had to disarm every day when I went to work. It was extremely frustrating, because I knew that if something bad happened, I would have to run and hide like a coward rather than defend myself. So I completely understand how frustrated those who have been impacted by the change are at this point.

To those whom this has impacted, please get a GOOD safe for your car. Lock your firearm and magazines in the safe before you get out of the car, and then rearm before you start the car. Please do not let this loss lull you into never carrying. Carry wherever you can.

I wish people would stop defending OC as they were being personally attacked. When someone says "OC did this to me" they are no referring to you. They are not referring to OC supporters. They are referring to the very real impact that its passage has had on them personally. Those who are angry are so because they have lost the ability to defend themselves. Surely you can understand that? Instead of reacting with defensive responses, how about trying to sympathize with someone who has been hurt by its passage? Surely you have it within you to be the bigger person?
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

switch
Posts in topic: 10

Post by switch »

Thanks for all you do (and have done.) :)

mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mojo84 »

Baldeagle, How can one take being called a "bozo" any other way than a personal attack or insult. Contrary to your comment he specifically included OC supporters.

In spite of his insult, I directed my respoonse to the issues and actions. Justifying a personal attack because of an emotional state of mind is not productive. I even acknowledge his frustration.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”