College Kids - Desire to carry

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Rvrrat14
Posts in topic: 3

College Kids - Desire to carry

Post by Rvrrat14 »

How many of you have college aged kids, especially young ladies, who are very interested in legally carrying a handgun?

Not just on campus, but in general.

I have a recent grad from SHSU and she is very interested, so one of grad gifts was a Glock 26 with a trigger holster for her purse.

I am very pleased to hear that some kids are picking up the flag. This is a refreshing feeling that some are getting it. I know others may still be too liberal, but I"m more interested in those POSITIVE views from college kids.

My daughter is also preparing to take her LTC course, as is the wife.

So who has kids in college that are choosing to carry and stay informed on the laws of carrying a handgun to defend themselves?

.....just one proud papa!

Rmartinez37
Posts in topic: 1

Re: College Kids - Desire to carry

Post by Rmartinez37 »

I'm 21 and just received my LTC in early December. Currently I'm working on my major in political science with hopes to go to law school.
Since I don't drink, not smoke, my extra time is spent honing my skills at a range. Being a member of the chl/ltc community was one of my main goals when I turned 21 and now I'm proud to say that I'm a college student who carries :txflag:

Topic author
Rvrrat14

Post by Rvrrat14 »

Good job and continue on with your education! thanks

What is your observation of other college students desire or actually licensed to carry a handgun? Professors thoughts, etc.

jb2012
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jb2012 »

I'm a student as well, I think there are 4 or 5 of us young guns on here! I know our generation tends to shame us pretty bad, but there are a few of us out there that get it, I promise!

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

My college student son carries a gun openly for work but is not allowed to carry concealed or openly when not at work. He would like to be able to though.

Doesn't seem to make much sense but that is the way it is.

He also had three of his college buddies come stay with us a few days over the Christmas break. We all wached the GOP debate and discussed the issues, I am encouraged not all is lost with our next generation. I just pray they have the fortitude and perseverance to fix much of what has been broken on our watch.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Screamin Jimmy

Post by Screamin Jimmy »

I'm a proud dad to two daughters. The oldest just turned 19, is a student at a community college, and can't wait to get her LTC when she turns 21. She shoots tighter groups with my Taurus Judge than I do, and it is her gun of choice at the moment. Might just have to save up and get her the poly version as a 21st birthday present. Until then she'll just have to get by carrying pepper spray and a stun gun (which, of course, I bought her).

Little sis isn't into guns quite as much, but definitely knows how and when to shoot. I'll keep working on her.

By the way, my favorite quote is "Guns don't kill people. Dads with pretty daughters do." :fire

James
4-26-14 class, 5-5-14 prints, 5-6-14 mailed, 7-10-14 PLASTIC!

TxAggieEngineer

Post by TxAggieEngineer »

I wish there was some provision for an 18 year old civilian to get a CHL. I don't understand why not being in the military should prevent somebody who is otherwise considered an adult from having the most effective means to protect themselves. I have two daughters that will be on their own one day (probably in college) and I would much rather them have access to the most effective means to protect themselves.

Civilians have access to a wide range of training options and I don't feel that being in the military automatically makes somebody more responsible than someone who has worked hard in school and conducts themselves in a mature way.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

I just had three college students in my last class. And think I will have about 2-3 more in my next class. That just warms my heart!! :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

stingeragent
Banned

Post by stingeragent »

I'm a college kid (at 30), and don't hear much about the subject at the school I go to. Most of the "kids" talk about what party they are going to on the weekend, or if your available to play frisbee golf.

jb2012
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jb2012 »

stingeragent wrote:Most of the "kids" talk about what party they are going to on the weekend, or if your available to play frisbee golf.
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" I'm dying about the frisbee part

Topic author
Rvrrat14

Post by Rvrrat14 »

stingeragent wrote:I'm a college kid (at 30), and don't hear much about the subject at the school I go to. Most of the "kids" talk about what party they are going to on the weekend, or if your available to play frisbee golf.
hmmmmmm...what university could that be?

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

Having a young conservative daughter in a university creates some interesting dinner table talk. Since she currently spends a great deal of time on campus, clinical site training for RN school, and working part time in hospitals she is content with range practice, situational awareness, and ingenious way to conceal her blade until she graduates spring of 2017. If I am not flat busted by that time :shock: I will be excited to gift her a set-up and schedule an LTC class date.
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

I usually have at least 2-3 college age kids in my classes and sometimes most of the class.

bigity

Post by bigity »

Rmartinez37 wrote:I'm 21 and just received my LTC in early December. Currently I'm working on my major in political science with hopes to go to law school.
Since I don't drink, not smoke, my extra time is spent honing my skills at a range. Being a member of the chl/ltc community was one of my main goals when I turned 21 and now I'm proud to say that I'm a college student who carries :txflag:
Sadly I think drinking and smoking is a cheaper hobby sometimes! D:
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

nyj

Post by nyj »

"College aged" isn't the same as it was 30 years ago.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”