I got a 30.06 sign removed!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I got a 30.06 sign removed!

Post by TexasCajun »

A good letter & affected a positive outcome. The only thing I would add is what I've started communicating as I come across new 30.06 signs.
For 20 years, licensed concealed handgun carry has been legal in Texas. And in those 20 years, licensed concealed handgun carriers have proven to be among the most law-abiding and least troublesome segment of the population. The newly legalized open carry of handguns is not going to change that. Your newly erected signs only serve to prohibit people you haven't had any issues with. I'd welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly on this matter and hope you will consider removing the sign.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

JRG

Post by JRG »

Nicely written letter sir!!

Joe

usmarine

Post by usmarine »

Job well done Sir. I agree with your letter to the "T". I for one can not and will not stand to the side or hide behind an obstacle and watch innocent people get slaughtered simply because myself or my family are not in present danger. I for one believe that if I am close enough to the situation that I know there is danger, I am in danger myself. After serving this great Nation we call America for 10 years, maybe my views are more military minded. I can accept not all people have a mind set to protect the innocent if given the opportunity, but I find no fault in your way of thinking. I too would have assumed the same thing until reading these few posts.

Semper Fi and know if we are ever in the same place when the $hit hits the fan, I will risk all I have to save my family and yours!!!

Gary

fast86gn
Posts in topic: 2

Post by fast86gn »

Ditto! Very nice letter and good job. :hurry:
David

sherlock7

Post by sherlock7 »

Great job and Thank you!

USMC

Semper Fi

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

How can this be true? All I have heard on this forum is how no 30.06 sign will ever come down once it's posted. I don't know what to believe now.

Seriously though GREAT JOB!
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

rotor

Post by rotor »

I am glad that you were able to get the change at that store, obviously a small country store. I agree with Abraham on the risk that you put yourself in if there were to be a situation that involved your interaction in any criminal action that might occur in that store.

I would not want a letter out there that a district attorney might use someday to show that you are a "vigilante".

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

rotor wrote:

I would not want a letter out there that a district attorney might use someday to show that you are a "vigilante".

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. I don't think it will matter if there is a letter out there or not, just being a LTC holder will be all the ammo a bleeding heart liberal lawyer will need, to try to prove some sort of vigilantism. I just hope I get picked to be on the jury of someone's lawsuit where they try to sue for defending yourself or someone else.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Don't forget the plaintiff's lawyers and the prosecutor will collect all your postings on the TexasCHLForum and use them against you at trial. The NSA has records going back to the beginning of the Forum and all your cell phone calls where you used the word "gun". :rules:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Distinguished Rick

Post by Distinguished Rick »

Welcome to the forum, good job and thank you for the effort. :cheers2:
CHL holder since 1996.
USMC Shooting Team 1985 - 1988
Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
"People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

fast86gn

Post by fast86gn »

ScottDLS wrote:Don't forget the plaintiff's lawyers and the prosecutor will collect all your postings on the TexasCHLForum and use them against you at trial. The NSA has records going back to the beginning of the Forum and all your cell phone calls where you used the word "gun". :rules:

That is kind of scary... :eek6
David

addison_bryant

Post by addison_bryant »

So I have posted a few 30.06/07 places in the past, but this one was a shop that I did care to go back into. Sunny's Food Store on TC Jester. When I read this original post some time back I copied the letter and made a few subtle changes. I dropped it off at Sunny's and asked that it be delivered to the owner. A couple of months later I stopped in and chatted with the owners father and asked him what his son had thought about the idea of carrying legally and he told me he would ask. That was 2 months or so ago.

Well today I drove by and BOTH signs were gone, so of course I stopped in and purchased an couple of items. His father was working again and I asked him if he remembered me - he said yes and his son had taken down the signs a couple of days ago. I asked him why, but he doesn't speak wonderful english, so I just smiled and said thank you, I'll be back to see your son soon.

I know it's a small victory, but I think that sometimes a little outreach to owners, like the original poster submitted can go a long way. I will submit for a removal from the 30.06/07 site as soon as I post this message.

addison

Removed -
Sunny's Food Store
2776 W T C Jester Blvd, Houston, TX

LosAlce

Post by LosAlce »

addison_bryant wrote:So I have posted a few 30.06/07 places in the past, but this one was a shop that I did care to go back into. Sunny's Food Store on TC Jester. When I read this original post some time back I copied the letter and made a few subtle changes. I dropped it off at Sunny's and asked that it be delivered to the owner. A couple of months later I stopped in and chatted with the owners father and asked him what his son had thought about the idea of carrying legally and he told me he would ask. That was 2 months or so ago.

Well today I drove by and BOTH signs were gone, so of course I stopped in and purchased an couple of items. His father was working again and I asked him if he remembered me - he said yes and his son had taken down the signs a couple of days ago. I asked him why, but he doesn't speak wonderful english, so I just smiled and said thank you, I'll be back to see your son soon.

I know it's a small victory, but I think that sometimes a little outreach to owners, like the original poster submitted can go a long way. I will submit for a removal from the 30.06/07 site as soon as I post this message.

addison

Removed -
Sunny's Food Store
2776 W T C Jester Blvd, Houston, TX
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

So glad this thread was bumped! Well done!
LTC since: 4/26/2016
Carrying: Sig P938 :rock"

addison_bryant

Post by addison_bryant »

It would be great to see it bumped for the same reason many more times.

On that note, I searched a bit but could not find... Is there a thread that is devoted to successful removals?

BTP

Post by BTP »

Abraham wrote:Seabear,

Great job and thanks for getting the 30.06 sign removed.

Seabear is spot on.

Please, not all of us are willing to jump into the line of fire to help others. If in the effort to protect me and mine, I happen to help others great, but I'm not a police officer mandated to save the public at large just because I happen to have an LTC and a gun.

You also posted "... the peace of mind that comes from knowing there are people in your store who can and will protect you if the worst should come about and a criminal with a gun comes to do evil.

Please, speak for yourself. "Can and will protect you"?

Nope, I'm not under any obligation to make that come true.

At the risk of being redundant: I chose to get an LTC, training, bought a pistol, ammo and take the time to go the range. If others choose not to, I'm not obligated to save them as they could've gotten an LTC, a gun, training, etc.

If they chose not to, they have to live with the consequences. I'm not a police officer or their on the spot bacon saver.

I think some folks are under the misguided perception us LTCers are quasi-law enforcement.
Not only are we not, we're not morally obligated to save the public at large.
I agree with what you say (example, the LTC guy that was just killed in North Texas while stepping into someone else's problems) with one exception, law enforcement officers has no obligation to protect anyone either.

Good job on getting a sign removed OP.
NRA Life Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”