Convenience stores posting signs

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

brhalltx
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Convenience stores posting signs

Post by brhalltx »

I noticed 3 newly posted (to me) convenience stores posted 30.06 and 30.07 today; all close together, all with identical signs. I think some of this must be coming from the sign printers/sellers.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WildBill »

zimmerdesignz wrote:
WildBill wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:
WildBill wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:I live in Houston and looking at the number of convenience stores posting both 30.06 and 30.07 is crazy. It is even more crazy to look at their locations. The ones in the worst neighborhoods are the ones posting. Am I missing some strange logic here. :confused5
There is no logic here. The crime rate where the convenience store is located has nothing to do with the decision to post 30.06 or 30.07 signs.

IMO, it is a matter of store owners not understanding the law and/or changes in the law.

To imply that posting in high crime neighborhoods is any different from posting in a low crime rate neighborhood is ludicrous.

I know that it's a popular mantra, but all of the comments about signs advertising "come rob me" are equally ludicrous.

I hope that people who post this are being facetious.
You don't think that a criminal would take into account if the sign is there or not? You don't think a store in a high crime neighborhood is more at risk of robbery?
No and Yes.
if you don't think a criminal would take it into consideration you are kidding yourself. It is a high crime neighborhood that says it has a higher chance to be robbed already
No, I don't think I am kidding myself. Most armed robbers either can't read or don't heed signs.
Yes, of course if it's a high crime neighborhood there is a greater chance to be robbed. That is why it's a high crime neighborhood.

Do you think that if stores posted signs that said "DO NOT TRY TO ROB US. WE HAVE GUNS AND WILL SHOOT YOU" would prevent robberies?
If so, maybe this is the sign that business owner should post rather than 30.06 or 30.07 signs.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 7

Post by zimmerdesignz »

No but a 3006 and 3007 sign guarantees less risk involved, therefore more reason to "hit" that store as apposed to one without signs
Last edited by zimmerdesignz on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
:tiphat:

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

zimmerdesignz wrote:
WildBill wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:
WildBill wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:I live in Houston and looking at the number of convenience stores posting both 30.06 and 30.07 is crazy. It is even more crazy to look at their locations. The ones in the worst neighborhoods are the ones posting. Am I missing some strange logic here. :confused5
There is no logic here. The crime rate where the convenience store is located has nothing to do with the decision to post 30.06 or 30.07 signs.

IMO, it is a matter of store owners not understanding the law and/or changes in the law.

To imply that posting in high crime neighborhoods is any different from posting in a low crime rate neighborhood is ludicrous.

I know that it's a popular mantra, but all of the comments about signs advertising "come rob me" are equally ludicrous.

I hope that people who post this are being facetious.
You don't think that a criminal would take into account if the sign is there or not? You don't think a store in a high crime neighborhood is more at risk of robbery?
No and Yes.
if you don't think a criminal would take it into consideration you are kidding yourself. It is a high crime neighborhood that says it has a higher chance to be robbed already

:iagree:
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WildBill »

zimmerdesignz wrote:No but a 3006 and 3007 sign guarantees less risk involved, therefore more resean to "hit" that store as apposed to one without signs
If this is true, it is the business owner who is taking that risk.
If a customer thinks that it is an increased risk that they do not want to accept, they should not go into that store.
It is their choice whether or not to accept that perceived risk.
The customer does not make the decision whether to post signs, but they make the decision whether to walk past the signs.
The customer may not agree with the business owner's choice, but it is not their decision to make.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
zimmerdesignz

Post by zimmerdesignz »

WildBill wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:No but a 3006 and 3007 sign guarantees less risk involved, therefore more resean to "hit" that store as apposed to one without signs
If this is true, it is the business owner who is taking that risk.
If a customer thinks that it is an increased risk that they do not want to accept, they should not go into that store.
It is their choice whether or not to accept that perceived risk.
The customer does not make the decision whether to post signs, but they make the decision whether to walk past the signs.
The customer may not agree with the business owner's choice, but it is not their decision to make.
I agree and I never said otheriwse

atx2a

Post by atx2a »

I've been getting notifications left and right from Texas3006.com about gas stations in the Austin area. Most of which were not posted with anything prior to 07 becoming law. My guess, like others have said, is that it's ignorance. And likely some influence from MDA.

I prefer to buy my gas at HEB anyway, and they are fine with 06, which is good enough for me.
Austin, TX
Speak softly and have a helluva double tap.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Yes, criminals are not rule followers.

misterlarry

Post by misterlarry »

A 30:06 is rather inconvenient in a Convenience Store.

:banghead:
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

According to my IDIOT brother-in-law, if you ban guns, no one will die from a gun shot wound!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

OneGun wrote:According to my IDIOT brother-in-law, if you ban guns, no one will die from a gun shot wound!
I would ask him, isn't causing gun shot wounds already banned?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
zimmerdesignz

Post by zimmerdesignz »

OneGun wrote:According to my IDIOT brother-in-law, if you ban guns, no one will die from a gun shot wound!
HaHa so if I put a sign banning guns on my chest the I become like Superman and bullet proof right :cool:

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

I have zero need or desire to purchase anything at one of the stop-and-robs. If I happened to be in one that was being robbed I would remain an observer unless the robbers started to hurt people. I'm certainly not going to provide a security service for a business that doesn't take security seriously enough to provide their own; and I'm not going to risk my life and meager wealth to save them a couple hundred bucks they didn't think important enough to secure themselves. I'm not even going to pump gas there if I see a 30.06 sign on the door.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

bigity

Post by bigity »

All of the 7-11s here in Lubbock were posted 30.06 and 30.07 shortly after New Years. Now however, they have all been removed. I'd like to think plummeting sales were the cause.

On a side note, I did a quick check with local news - 7-11s here have been robbed more than a dozen times - going back to last fall only.
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

I have a friend that works at one of those stop and robs that posted both signs. The employees are no longer allowed to have one in the store. He is now looking for another job as he says it is too dangerous to work there without carrying.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”