Texas3006.com entry statistics for the month of January

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Texas3006.com entry statistics for the month of January

Post by LSUTiger »

Russell wrote:
LSUTiger wrote: The real question is, how many new 06 signs went up? Compared to the normal rate of new 06 sign going up prior to debate/passage of OC (2014)? I bet a large part of that 1993 number is 07 signs only. Once you have a more detailed breakdown, you can make a better analysis.

I'm sure it's much higher than the normal rate of new 06 signs but I would bet its significantly less that 1993.

Good point! Here's data on new entries that are only 30.06 or both 30.06 and 30.07. I'm only going to do the months of October up to January as I am manually typing SQL queries for these and don't feel like typing that much to do every single month :mrgreen:

Note that this is also grabbing entries that were originally submitted during the stated time frame and may not have met the search criteria (they were 30.07 only), but are now a 30.06 or both 30.06 & 30.07 sign as of today.

October: 19 new entries
November: 14 new entries
December: 68 new entries
January: 801 new entries

This is still a significant increase in the typical 30.06 signage entry rate.
It is what it is but 801 is significantly less than 1993, and paints a truer picture of the immediate effects of OC in new 06 signage. Good work! :thumbs2:

Now, as they say, when will the bleeding stop? (new 06 signage slow to "normal" pre-OC levels). And it will eventually, I just hope it's before the patient dies!
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Beiruty »

How many are replacement of obsolete 30.06 signs?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

casp625

Post by casp625 »

Beiruty wrote:How many are replacement of obsolete 30.06 signs?
That would be impossible to calculate without someone manually verifying every entry posted before 01/01/2016 and then visiting said locations and updating the entry as either valid or invalid.

casp625

Post by casp625 »

Russell wrote: Good point! Here's data on new entries that are only 30.06 or both 30.06 and 30.07. I'm only going to do the months of October up to January as I am manually typing SQL queries for these and don't feel like typing that much to do every single month :mrgreen:
A stored procedure could simplify that :thumbs2:

atx2a

Post by atx2a »

Thanks for this info, and for running that site, Russell. I recently downloaded the app and have used it quite a bit. Thanks!

Question:
This may have been discussed before, but does anyone have a good resource for gun FRIENDLY places (specifically, or not, in Austin?). Obviously anywhere that is not posted. But does anyone know of a semi-comprehensive list of those businesses that are overtly friendly to OC/CC?
Austin, TX
Speak softly and have a helluva double tap.

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

casp625 wrote:
Russell wrote: Good point! Here's data on new entries that are only 30.06 or both 30.06 and 30.07. I'm only going to do the months of October up to January as I am manually typing SQL queries for these and don't feel like typing that much to do every single month :mrgreen:
A stored procedure could simplify that :thumbs2:
Nonsense :biggrinjester: a real operator should always be running things by hand in production. :lol:

Seriously though, thank you for running that site.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Once again, you take the "my ox isn't getting gored" approach. Most people impacted by new 30.06 signs, whether they be few or many, don't appreciate it, nor do I.

Chas.
flintknapper wrote:
Lena wrote:win the battle, loose the war

No 'war' being lost here.

An increase of signs, yes. But consider the number of private businesses in Texas. If we were to take the total number of signs posted in the last 10 years, it would represent a small percentage of all the businesses in the State.

As with anything new, there will be growing pains and obstacles to overcome. Misinformation about sign requirements and organized groups of anti's (MDA and others) contacting businesses...will have to be dealt with.

We can probably expect the sign posting to wane in the next six months or so. Then we will have some idea what we are dealing with.

The only thing that is going to reverse that (besides time), is contacting businesses and educating all whom we can (friends, family, co-workers, acquaintances).

mdubtx

Post by mdubtx »

Happy to report Texas3006.com removed one my early January entries after another user verified the signs had been removed.
May we never haver to draw but always be prepared.
:patriot: :txflag:
NRA Benefactor Member / TSRA Family Membership

jmra

Post by jmra »

LSUTiger wrote:
Russell wrote:Hi all,

Just thought I would share some interesting comparison statistics for the last few months.

From 10-01-2015 to 10-31-2015: 28 new entries that are 30.06, 30.07, or both
From 11-01-2015 to 11-30-2015: 25 new entries that are 30.06, 30.07, or both
From 12-01-2015 to 12-31-2015: 218 new entries that are 30.06, 30.07, or both
From 1-01-2016 to 1-31-2016: 1,993 new entries that are 30.06, 30.07, or both.

Nope, that number for January is not a typo!

Like I always mention, keep reporting businesses that make the terrible decision to put up these signs! The more complete the database is, the more pressure we as a community will be able to put on these businesses to take the signs down!

:tiphat:
The data reporting is a little misleading, I expected 07 signage to go up, what most are concerned with is 06 signage only since most don't OC anyway. And if no new 06 signs went up not many LTC would care about the 07, it would be business as usual.

The real question is, how many new 06 signs went up? Compared to the normal rate of new 06 sign going up prior to debate/passage of OC (2014)? I bet a large part of that 1993 number is 07 signs only. Once you have a more detailed breakdown, you can make a better analysis.

I'm sure it's much higher than the normal rate of new 06 signs but I would bet its significantly less that 1993.

There are lies, darn lies and statistics.
I looked at the last 500 notifications under the "recent" tab of the iPhone app and 104 of those notifications contained a 30.06 posting.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

For those thinking that this isn't so bad, consider this. In December and January, 869 30.06 signs were reported. In the previous two months 33 were. So the number of signs entered into the site increased 26.33 times over the previous two months. To put that in perspective, if you were making $50,000 a year, a 26 times increase would be $1,316,666 a year. I doubt anyone would scoff at that or say it really wasn't that bad.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

A couple of random thoughts;

- some of the 3006 added may not actually be new. Case in point, a restaurant in my area was recently added to the site as posted both 3006 & 3007. But that location has been posted 3006 for probably a decade. The 3007 sign, though an exact match in size color and style, is brand shiny new and was put up recently. The 3006 is weathered (both of these are out on a patio by entrance door) and looks like it's the grandparent of the 3007. knowing what I do about the business's background, I imagine that 3006 has been there over a decade.
So, there may not be as many truly new 3006's as there appear to be. They may only now be getting noticed and entered because we're all ACTIVELY LOOKING now.

- re: the business that maybe self-posted so we would stay away..

When I first started submitting to texas3006.com I only entered photos on locations worthy of ridicule (sign too small, sign behind dark glass, hidden behind product displays, on the INSIDE of building where you could only see it after already on premises, etc.). I an now leaning toward including a photo with every entry, even when the signs are compliant and unremarkable.
Perhaps the texas3006.com admin could weigh-in on this?
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

To: sschaefer@gracegrapevine.org

Hi Shonda,

Please see the email I’ve copied below the line beneath my message.

I have donated to and purchased from your store a number of times since first moving to Texas in 2006. But because of your decision to post 30.06 signage on your store, I will no longer participate in your charity. I fully understand why you would want to prevent people from open-carrying handguns in your store, and posting the 30.07 sign alone would have accomplished the purpose of stopping that practice. But, I have lawfully carried a concealed firearm into your store every single time I’ve been there; and going forward, your posting of a 30.06 sign prevents me, as a law abiding citizen, vetted by the state—having passed a MUCH more stringent background check than many of your customers could pass—from carrying a concealed firearm into your store at all. Of course, the sign will not stop anybody who is NOT licensed from carrying a gun into your store, as it quite literally ONLY applies to people who are licensed to carry.

In view of your decision to post the 30.06 signs specifically, I will no longer be patronizing your organization, either as a donor or customer. Like I said, I can understand why you would not be comfortable having someone carrying a firearm in the open, and a 30.07 sign by itself would have been enough to prevent that. However, by posting the 30.06 sign, you have barred ALL forms of licensed carry.

Regrettably,

The Annoyed Man
Grapevine, TX

Hello annoyedman!

This is a notification that a new entry has been added to a city included in your watch list.

Graceful Buys was added in the city of Grapevine. The type of restriction is: 30.06 & 30.07 Sign

You may view the entry at http://www.texas3006.com/view.php?id=5441 for more information and to check for any additional comments!

Texas3006.com Staff

To disable these notifications, you may tweak them in your My Panel area.
Email ID: QKhz2xUWWc1F

Do not reply to this email, this address is not monitored. For assistance, contact us at https://www.texas3006.com/help
You can also join us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/texas3006
I will be trying to find another charity to support with my donations and purchases.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

LSUTiger wrote:
Russell wrote:
LSUTiger wrote: The real question is, how many new 06 signs went up? Compared to the normal rate of new 06 sign going up prior to debate/passage of OC (2014)? I bet a large part of that 1993 number is 07 signs only. Once you have a more detailed breakdown, you can make a better analysis.

Good point! Here's data on new entries that are only 30.06 or both 30.06 and 30.07. I'm only going to do the months of October up to January as I am manually typing SQL queries for these and don't feel like typing that much to do every single month :mrgreen:

Note that this is also grabbing entries that were originally submitted during the stated time frame and may not have met the search criteria (they were 30.07 only), but are now a 30.06 or both 30.06 & 30.07 sign as of today.

October: 19 new entries
November: 14 new entries
December: 68 new entries
January: 801 new entries

This is still a significant increase in the typical 30.06 signage entry rate.
It is what it is but 801 is significantly less than 1993, and paints a truer picture of the immediate effects of OC in new 06 signage. Good work! :thumbs2:

Now, as they say, when will the bleeding stop? (new 06 signage slow to "normal" pre-OC levels). And it will eventually, I just hope it's before the patient dies!
A better number is something a little less than 869. Notice the big jump from the pattern from Oct - Nov and then December. I'd interpret the more than doubling in December to be businesses posted ahead of 1/1.

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by flintknapper »

Once again, you take the "my ox isn't getting gored" approach. Most people impacted by new 30.06 signs, whether they be few or many, don't appreciate it, nor do I.

Sounds like a good thing to tell businesses that have posted, I am doing my part with that. It affects me...just as it does anyone else. I can only suggest that everyone do what they can to stem the posting of any new signs and to request the removal of those already in place.

Please remember I didn't gore anyone's ox. That is a matter you'll/we need to take up with business owners.

And just for the record, I don't consider MY ox to be any more valuable than your ox, I hope that everyone can see we are all in the same boat here.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”