Cant mention guns at work?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Cant mention guns at work?

Post by VoiceofReason »

ScottDLS wrote:Yes and he could have his union dues money go exclusively to Hillary, Bernie, and Democrats only to support causes that are diametrically opposed to the 2nd amendment, and encourage higher taxes, regulation, and spending by a massive federal bureaucracy that is 80% unionized itself... :biggrinjester:
Wow I hit a nerve. I am still trying to understand how all those topics tie together in your rant.

I will try to address some of them though.

To begin with Union dues don’t go to any particular party and haven’t in quite a while. Dues go to the expenses of the union. Most unions have a Political Action Committee though that you may or may not contribute to.

Secondly- I know a lot of Union members that Hate Obummer, Hillary and other liberal Democrat idiots. I also know a lot of Union members that support the 2nd amendment and would fight and die for our constitutional way of life.

Third- both parties have their agendas and the middle class working people don’t figure into them.

Conservative Republicans would like nothing more than to do away with Unions, OSHA, all workplace safety laws, child Labor laws, the minimum wage, overtime and workman’s comp to name a few. Newt Gingrich slipped up once and put the Republican agenda out for the world to see. http://www.theatlantic.com/business/arc ... rs/248837/

What I am saying is that by labeling people all together (I know, I did it above), you don’t solve the problems this country has. You add to the problem.

Lastly I know a lot of Mexican-Americans that would like to see the border secured because the preponderance of jobs illegal immigrants are taking are Mexican-Americans’ jobs.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

WildBill
Posts in topic: 9

Post by WildBill »

Come on guys. This thread has nothing to do with unions.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
hankintexas
Posts in topic: 8

Post by hankintexas »

WildBill wrote:Come on guys. This thread has nothing to do with unions.

:iagree:
Hank Henry
NRA Instructor / NRA LIFE MEMBER / NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by VoiceofReason »

My point is not about unions or political parties. My point is that we criticize anti-gunners for labeling all gun owners as a group without bothering to do a little research and learning the truth for themselves, then on this forum we do the same thing.

A few examples:

All college faculty are anti-gun, anti-Christian, liberals.
• I have a cousin/friend that is a Collage Professor who is also a Baptist Minister, gun owner, and Second Amendment supporter and I suspect there are many more Collage Professors that are pro-gun and pro-2A.

Government employees are overpaid, incompetent, liberals.
• Government management/supervisors may fit that profile because promotions are by cronyism and most government managers are incompetent. I can only speak to my experience with the FAA. I and everyone in my area of work had to be certified on every system we had and every time a new system came in. We had to go to school on each system, receive OJT on that system and pass a hands on certification exam. Many of our supervisors had no idea how the systems worked.

All Hispanics want the border opened and anyone allowed to come in to the country as they wish.
• Most Mexican-Americans want the border controlled and illegal immigration and potential terrorists stopped just as much as any other American. The media just seeks out the few that don’t.

I could go on but I believe most people get my point. By grouping and labeling people we think we know, we alienate potential allies and we need all the allies we can get.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

PBratton
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PBratton »

hankintexas wrote:This had nothing to do with Unions. I have never been in an occupation with a union. If a union were a condition of employment and required to work in a state, I would join.

This was just a bad position to be in.

I have no plans to sue them. I am just moving on and putting it behind me.
Check out Convergint Hank, they have a few slots in town.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

VoiceofReason wrote:
My point is not about unions or political parties. My point is that we criticize anti-gunners for labeling all gun owners as a group without bothering to do a little research and learning the truth for themselves, then on this forum we do the same thing.

I could go on but I believe most people get my point. By grouping and labeling people we think we know, we alienate potential allies and we need all the allies we can get.
:iagree: Recently I made a similar point in another thread. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
hankintexas
Posts in topic: 8

Post by hankintexas »

I will be starting a new job next week. Thanks for everything!
Hank Henry
NRA Instructor / NRA LIFE MEMBER / NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

hankintexas wrote:I will be starting a new job next week. Thanks for everything!
Great news! :anamatedbanana
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”