Public Library in Katy (Cinco Ranch) with a "clever" sign... Grrr

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ferguson
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Public Library in Katy (Cinco Ranch) with a "clever" sign... Grrr

Post by ferguson »

Houston Zoo has the same signs.

It's pure intimidation. They've just quoted a section of Texas penal code and hung it on their front door. Doesn't mean it applies, they're just quoting a random section of law.

If the library is an educational institution, what degree do they offer? Even if they did offer a degree, only the rooms where education was actually taking place would be off limits. Unlike a school, a public library is well....PUBLIC. Although the general population may be excluded from the grounds of a school, that is not the case at a public library so the same rules do not apply.

Claiming to be an educational facility doesn't make you one. If that were true, The hosting company that serves texaschlforums would be a considered a school!
Don't let the wonder of seeing a pig fly be overshadowed by the inevitable disappointment over the brevity of its flight.

sixer-sxt-3.7
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sixer-sxt-3.7 »

I found the sign still posted at the George Library, in Richmond. There needs to be a legal definition of "educational institution" that's easily searchable. It's disappointing when a judge signs off on such a specious argument.

It's funny that after 20 years of concealed carry, Fort Bend decides that now guns are a problem.

thetexan

Post by thetexan »

It's as if someone is deliberately going out of their way to display their ignorance of the subject.

1. They could not have even read the statutes quoted.
2. Which means they depended on some other ignoramus to give them guidance.
3. And somewhere during this rush of misfiring brain activity someone decided to actually translate this rule into SPANISH!
4. As if the rule they obviously have not read requires them to have their sign in both English and Spanish
5. That had they actually read the rule that actually requires a notification in both English and Spanish...while they were in that statute....they would or should have seen the rest of the rule that actually prescribes certain exact language for the sign.

I want to make business cards that read....

I would like to thank you and your establishment
for the wonderful time I had here. I felt very safe
since I had my legally carried licensed handgun
with me at all times. By the way....I suggest you
idiots actually learn the rules.

and leave one with the cashier when I leave.

tex
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI Instructor Pilot

sixer-sxt-3.7
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sixer-sxt-3.7 »

May not be ignorance, but trying to twist a vague statement ("educational institution") to fit their needs. At least they were kind enough to show their questionable logic.

Not sure calling them idiots would prompt an inner reflection as to why they screwed up. Remember, this was signed by a judge. The "do what now?" goes all the way to the top. ;-)

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

sixer-sxt-3.7 wrote:May not be ignorance, but trying to twist a vague statement ("educational institution") to fit their needs. At least they were kind enough to show their questionable logic.

Not sure calling them idiots would prompt an inner reflection as to why they screwed up. Remember, this was signed by a judge. The "do what now?" goes all the way to the top. ;-)
:iagree:

I don't think Hanlon's Razor can be applied here.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”