CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Pinkycatcher
Posts in topic: 1

Fort Worth Mayfest

Post by Pinkycatcher »

Was looking at going and saw this on their website:
No open carry of handguns. No concealed carry of handguns.
located here: http://mayfest.org/festival-guide

It's on a public park so it's definitely legal to carry there, anyone ever been and are there metal detectors?

rtschl
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Fort Worth Mayfest

Post by rtschl »

It might be off limits if it is posted 51% due to a vendor license. Based on other postings I think it depends on the address on the license. According to the website they do have vendors selling beer and wine. I have never been so I do not know if they wand people.
Ron
NRA Member

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

rtschl wrote:It might be off limits if it is posted 51% due to a vendor license. Based on other postings I think it depends on the address on the license. According to the website they do have vendors selling beer and wine. I have never been so I do not know if they wand people.
If the alcohol vendors aren't in a building, then the park wouldn't meet the 46.035 definition of "premises" so carrying would seem to be OK outside of the actual structure where the alcohol was sold.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by steveincowtown »

In the past they have not had any sort of metal detectors.

They do have people selling alcohol out of outdoor booths.

I will guarantee you they will post 30.06 and 30.07 signs.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by steveincowtown »

Just tweeted:

"@MayfestFW @fortworthpd @KenPaxtonTX Under what law are you banning the carry of handguns by law abiding/LTC Texans at Mayfest?(Public Park)"

Growing very tired of ignorance of the law being OK if your are the City, but not OK if are a citizen!!
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

steveincowtown wrote: Growing very tired of ignorance of the law being OK if your are the City, but not OK if are a citizen!!
Me too! It needs to be a criminal offense.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

RSX11

Post by RSX11 »

I think the legally required text for 30.06 and 30.07 signs should include something like "This sign is not valid for use on government owned property".

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

RSX11 wrote:I think the legally required text for 30.06 and 30.07 signs should include something like "This sign is not valid for use on government owned property".
:iagree:
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

RSX11 wrote:I think the legally required text for 30.06 and 30.07 signs should include something like "This sign is not valid for use on government owned property".
:iagree: except I would change it in part to read: This sign is not valid for use on government owned or leased property.
Ron
NRA Member

hovercat

Post by hovercat »

State issued 3006/07 signs.
To include the address that the sign is valid for.

Caliber

Post by Caliber »

Haven't been in a while, but I think they had rides, so maybe it's considered an amusement park.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Caliber wrote:Haven't been in a while, but I think they had rides, so maybe it's considered an amusement park.
It doesn't meet the 120 days open qualifier since Mayfest is only open for a few weeks.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

hovercat wrote:State issued 3006/07 signs.
To include the address that the sign is valid for.
I really, really like this idea. Make the property owner apply for a 30.06 sign and provide a justification along with proof that they are a location that is allowed to prohibit carry. After an administrative review (similar timeline to what it takes to get your LTC), then you get the sign. Maybe also include a test that the property owner needs to pass showing that they understand the relevant laws on sign placement, etc.

For government owned or leased property, since the legal ability to prohibit carry is an exception, all requests must be submitted directly to the AG, who will then publicly announce them, allow a 90 day period for public comment and then make a ruling within 180 days after that comment period has closed (9 months total).

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

And make the fees for the signs proportional to what the cost of LTC plastic with an expiration date on sign that requires renewing and new signs every 3 years. :biggrinjester:
Ron
NRA Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”