Armor Of Light

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Armor Of Light

Post by TreyHouston »

The church that my Dad goes to offers group LTC classes twice a year.(Yes, I'm pretty sure this is a Christian church)
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Here is a slightly different spin from what TAM wrote:

I believe that we are all created in God's image. What does this mean? Not that we physiologically or anthropomorphically resemble God, but that like God, we can use our gifts that we have received from him to improve the world, or not. It is our choice, as God has given us brains with which to think, and free will. It is our choice to follow a certain path, and God sees all of the paths that we might take, but does not intervene. We are God's creatures and he wants us to experience creation for ourselves. However, sometimes, things just happen for which there is no explanation that God cares to share with mortals - but there is a greater purpose...

God has given us a set of rules by which we are to guide our lives - the Bible. We can choose life, we can choose to be good, or we can choose evil. We can use our free will, our talents, our brains to cure disease, to save human lives, or we can use those same gifts to cause misery and destruction.

Sometimes I think God over-estimated our abilities and made it too difficult, 'cause we really do seem to screw things up on a mammoth scale.

The interpretation above follows from the teachings of the Hebrew bible and so others will have their own different, but equally legitimate interpretations. I don't think that there is one right answer, except to "do undo others as you would have them do unto you".

My two cents...
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/05/24 ... -gun-film/
It seems that the folks she interviewed and then showed not having an answer, or looking away from the camera, actually have audio of the interview which makes her out to be an obvious liar......and they are speaking out.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TangoX-ray

Post by TangoX-ray »

The Annoyed Man wrote:http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/05/24 ... -gun-film/
It seems that the folks she interviewed and then showed not having an answer, or looking away from the camera, actually have audio of the interview which makes her out to be an obvious liar......and they are speaking out.
Shame on you, Katie Couric. :nono:
Native Texan :txflag: Philippians 2:3-4

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training." - Archiloches (650 BC)

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”