Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

dlh
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Post by dlh »

Here is a link to the electronic docket sheet. Does not appear there is any recent action so I presume the matter is pending.
Too bad we cannot obtain copies of the linked documents for free. There was a proposal to do that the last legislative session but the clerks' offices opposed it because they did not want to lose the income they receive when they charge for it.

http://odysseypa.tylerhost.net/Waller/C ... eID=357588
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Post by PriestTheRunner »

dlh wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:36 pm Here is a link to the electronic docket sheet. Does not appear there is any recent action so I presume the matter is pending.
Too bad we cannot obtain copies of the linked documents for free. There was a proposal to do that the last legislative session but the clerks' offices opposed it because they did not want to lose the income they receive when they charge for it.

I would love to see a bill pass that the clerks must allow for electronic access to the documents and waive a fee. Then they simply point in the direction of the online documents. The bill should leave a fee for costs incurred for paper documents, though IMO.

Technology is there and at this point is doing nothing but getting cheaper. A centralized state system could consolidate the cost of the servers and maintenance, and rulings would simply need to be uploaded once by the clerks and be publicly accessible forever. Make it a stand-alone system and you don't have to worry (as much) about hacking because there is nothing to steal.

dlh
Posts in topic: 6

Post by dlh »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:15 pm
dlh wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:36 pm Here is a link to the electronic docket sheet. Does not appear there is any recent action so I presume the matter is pending.

I would love to see a bill pass that the clerks must allow for electronic access to the documents and waive a fee. Then they simply point in the direction of the online documents. The bill should leave a fee for costs incurred for paper documents, though IMO.

Technology is there and at this point is doing nothing but getting cheaper. A centralized state system could consolidate the cost of the servers and maintenance, and rulings would simply need to be uploaded once by the clerks and be publicly accessible forever. Make it a stand-alone system and you don't have to worry (as much) about hacking because there is nothing to steal.
:iagree: Hopefully it will be taken up again in the upcoming legislative session.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

ELB
Posts in topic: 20

Post by ELB »

I could find nothing about this case online since the SCOTEX denied Waller County's appeal and sent it back to the trial court for calculating fees and other costs the County should pay Terry Holcomb. I called the office of the attorney that handled Terry Holcomb's case to see if he could tell me what's happening. A very nice woman who answered the phone put me on hold for a moment while she looked up the answer.

The answer is "nothing has happened." The case is still pending in court, no hearing of any kind has been held.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”