Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Post by locke_n_load »

Russell wrote:Terry Holcomb just posted this up on the Texas Carry Facebook page. I'll probably call in this evening to give it a listen.

Organizer: Terry Holcomb Sr

Subject: Waller County Lawsuit Update and Path Forward

Date and Time 11/29/2016 8:00 PM US/Central (GMT-0600)

1. Dial Into the Conference (United States): (712) 775-7031
Access Code: 454293
International Dial-In Numbers: https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/texascarry

2. Join the Online Meeting:
Online Meeting Link: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/texascarry
Online Meeting ID: texascarry

Notes:
This meeting will be to communicate and review the Waller County ruling. We will also communicate path forward in the legal system as well as the effort currently underway in the Texas Legislature.

Instructions:
At the scheduled date and time of the meeting, dial into the conference line. When prompted, enter the Access Code followed by the pound key. To join the online meeting, click on the online meeting link listed above and follow the prompts to join the meeting.

I recommend starting to log in 15 minutes early to avoid any delay.
Sounds like the judge did not rule in Terry's favor. Which this was a Waller County Judge right?
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Post by treadlightly »

Seems like rules I'm not to forget include always being sure of my target.

Waller County is targeting LTC holders, presumably to preempt crime? LTC holders, those proud few who demonstrate exemplary conduct decade after decade? They are Waller County's target?

I'm a little befuddled.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Russell wrote:Just got off the conference call, it did not go in Terry's favor at all but they kind of expected that given the good old boy system there.

They are working on the appeals already, and he said that several legislators called him to express concern. The legislators are working on a bill to prevent this kind of retaliation from happening again.
County tyrants about to get smacked by the TXLEG!
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

AJSully421 wrote:
Russell wrote:Just got off the conference call, it did not go in Terry's favor at all but they kind of expected that given the good old boy system there.

They are working on the appeals already, and he said that several legislators called him to express concern. The legislators are working on a bill to prevent this kind of retaliation from happening again.
Do you know of a bill or plans to file one? I mean something other than Holcomb's comment.

Chas.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Hopefully somewhere in the appeals process a real judge will strike down this lawsuit - and require Waller County to reimburse Mr. Holcomb for all of his legal expenses in this frivolous lawsuit and egregious attempt to punish those who attempt to have Texas laws enforced.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:

Do you know of a bill or plans to file one? I mean something other than Holcomb's comment.

Chas.
I'd like to see modifications to official oppression laws. When some one makes a statement as quoted in the Waller Co meeting, that they will prosecute a person for no violation of law or statute and use their authority and the law enforcement entities under their control to do so they need to be prosecuted themselves. The penalties should be severe for violating the trust of the people and ignoring the law. JMHO
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

puma guy wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:

Chas.
I'd like to see modifications to official oppression laws. When some one makes a statement as quoted in the Waller Co meeting, that they will prosecute a person for no violation of law or statute and use their authority and the law enforcement entities under their control to do so they need to be prosecuted themselves. The penalties should be severe for violating the trust of the people and ignoring the law. JMHO
:iagree:

As a start, they should face the same penalties as a non-LEO who does the same thing. If you knowingly arrest a person with no reasonable basis to even suspect that they have committed a crime, that should be punished as a kidnap / false imprisonment offense. Malicious prosecution is equivalent to making a terroristic threat (the same as if I threaten to take away your freedom and possessions), any actual arrest would also involve assault.

Those acting with no legal basis should lose any immunity from personal criminal and civil prosecution. Those illegally ordering others to do so should also face the same punishment.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Little courts can sometimes forget their places. I once wrote a couple of letters to the Groesbeck Municipal Court asking what law I'd pleasantly pled guilty to. I was stupidly over the speed limit and I never argued. The only response I ever got was a written threat of a restraining order if I ever wrote the court again.

Some people and a little power, sheesh.

ELB
Posts in topic: 20

Post by ELB »

In recent memory:

Sarah Bland. (not first hanging at the jail, just the most recent).

A few months ago two sheriff's cars were burgled for 8 weapons.

Right now Sheriff is in the spotlight again because he can't account for two more weapons his department owns.

Lawsuit against Holcomb.

Seems to be a cloud of "win" over Waller County.
USAF 1982-2005

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

ELB wrote:In recent memory:

Sarah Bland. (not first hanging at the jail, just the most recent).

A few months ago two sheriff's cars were burgled for 8 weapons.

Right now Sheriff is in the spotlight again because he can't account for two more weapons his department owns.

Lawsuit against Holcomb.

Seems to be a cloud of "win" over Waller County.
Looks like these guys are losing firearms right and left. This article from December '15 reports 10 weapons, two from a county commissioner and eight from the sheriff, including a machine gun. Now two more are missing. I understand why they will prosecute anyone who disobeys their illegal 30.0/07 signs. They're trying to rebuild their firearms inventory. :lol: They're more interested in pursuing the most law abiding group of people in Texas rather than the criminals stealing their property.

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/let-th ... on-7984386
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Jago668
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jago668 »

I bet if I "lost" an automatic weapon the ATF would be in my business with a microscope.
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”